• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Black Strain Kratom

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
So I finally got my kratom in after waiting for quite a while.
I ordered a few strains, mostly White and Green as that is what people prefer. But after about a year of negations, I got my contact in Indonesia to ship me some black strain. I have never had it before and he was reluctant to send it but he finally agreed.

I just opened it and it smells completely different than all the other strains I have had in my years of taking the plant. It also had a distinct smell and taste. Very earthy and with a slight floral aroma. I took 7-8g and the taste was not bitter, but left an aftertaste like the scent of leather.

I am pretty well-versed on my kratom knowledge but I havent come across this kind before and was hoping someone might be able to provide some information about this type, whether its anecdotal or a research paper.

I went through reddit but nothing too informative popped out to me.

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds

Last edited:
I'm skeptical AF but who knows. There isn't a "black" kratom as far as I know but I have like almost zero faith in the honesty within the kratom industry. Most of the time the colors/strains are probably complete utter bullshit, but I'm no expert so it's, like, just my opinion man and I could be totally wrong.

Is it possible you are dealing with a type of bentuangie (fermented) kratom? I've never had any bentuangie myself so I don't know if it's matches what you got but it is suppose to have a different odor/taste to regular kratom.

Last edited:
I had purchased a few kgs of bentuangie about 8 months ago, and it was not very good in my opinion (although it was amazing for pure pain relief, not like an opioid pain relief though and no change in mood whatsoever).

This is different than that I'm 100% positive. It has a similar taste in that it not extremely bitter, which makes me think it was fermented during processing. This stuff literally looks like charcoal when mixed in water. If I knew how to post a photo on here w/out attachments I would love you guys to see it. It is so dark, I have a photo of it next to some fermented "Chocolate" kratom which is probably the darkest I've seen before this.

The dose I took was potent compared to the other strains that I have. And luckily I have a great relationship with the Indonesian Kratom Association so all my kratom comes from a certified farmer I developed a business relationship with, so I'm not worried its something sketchy.

I can upload photos via messaging on here but not on the threads =/

Yea strange. Maybe something unusual happened to the leaves before grinding. Sounds like it's good stuff just an usual appearance.

The only way to post photos on BL now is to host them somewhere else, like imgur or postimages.org or whatever. Some people in the lounge were saying postimages.org is easy to use, here were there instructions:

Postimages.org

Upload there.

Copy direct link.

Click the portrait button next to the emoji button.

Paste direct link.

Here is some explanation/photos from the BL faq about it, this will give you an idea what they mean by "click portrait(insert image) button next to the emoji button"

How to insert a photo

If you follow the steps your photo should show up in your post like this

uWg1HSa.jpg

Another way some people do it is by uploading photos to like imgur, copy the photo and then just simply paste it into their reply. The photo will show up in your reply just with a white imgur border around it, like this:

Last edited:
bentuangie
Had some really dark chocholate that was almost "black"... may have a pic on a recovered phone *drive but will have to try to find it
it was amazing for pure pain relief, not like an opioid pain relief though and no change in mood whatsoever
the above mentioned chocolatate made me irratable if bothered and just rode the couch for a couple weeks: no pain, though... lol what we trade....

The photo is a little tie-dye-esque because of the flash and the light above me, but the kratom is all one color.

That's the darkest kratom I've ever seen.

I've wondered if they are sometimes adding stuff to intentionally dye the product. If they are, maybe they accidentally went overboard this time and over dyed it and enough of whatever they used was added to where it also noticeably altered the taste/smell as well. Maybe that's why the guy was reluctant to sell it at first.

Ive received kratom that is a deep dark forest green, red as a brick, light fluorescent green, etc. sometimes the color is so exaggerated it just doesn't seem normal. Again, I'm no expert so I can't say for sure.

Who knows, this is all just wild speculation on my part.

Last edited:
It’s a classic marketing gimmick to change some superficial aspect of something then advertise it as improved or different or superior to diversify and increase sales. I’m not sure that’s what’s going on here. However I have to wonder why wouldn’t they do this?

It's not a marketing gimmick I assure you. The person I purchase from doesn't advertise. He is a farmer for the pekrindo (Indonesian Kratom Association). They have their own standards for quality control that they must meet in order to supply the AKA with kratom.
I do know that most strains are blends of red and white and green vein leaf, but this stuff must be treated in a different way than other strains.
My farmer said it was a "water-extract" and that the association tried to avoid shipping as they promote natural leaf. But what I dont understand is how it cx an be an extract and look like powdered leaf at the the same time. It very strange to me.
It's somewhat similar in color to some dried crushed leaf that I purchased (though the crushed leaf was deep green/grey) but still not nearly as black with some sparkles in it.

The sparkles tell me that there is an extract in there somewhere, but it is as if the crystal and leaf are one in the same instead of 2 different components of the kratom.

I'm trying to find papers on how it is made but no luck so far except from a kratom website which advertises its own product =/

Im interested to hear more if you do find anything. The fact that he said something about a water extract is interesting. How is the communication, do you both seem to understand each other well or is it a bit of a struggle?

I have seen some lower level extracts that still look very similar to regular kratom powder. I don't know if this is how they come out or if it's because it's a strong extract that is then mixed into kratom powder. Unfortunately I'm not well versed, maybe someone else who knows more will stumble along.

Im interested to hear more if you do find anything. The fact that he said something about a water extract is interesting. How is the communication, do you both seem to understand each other well or is it a bit of a struggle?

We have gotten our communication down pretty well over time. He uses a translation app for me because he only speaks Indonesian. There are still some communication issues but they mainly deal with context of a sentence as the apps are not 100% perfect.
But putting that aside, we can speak very well to eachother and have learned how to message very well. I've gotten live tours of the farm and some of the forests he gets kratom leaves from, it is huge and looks gorgeous. I've also seen his warehouse and some of the drying facilities he owns.
The transparency on his part about how operations are run in Indonesia has made him very reliable and trustworthy, along with his farm being certified by the Indonesian Kratom Association.

It is definitely an odd strain though and as you said, I would love to hear more info if anybody has any information I would love for them to share it =)

Looks like they did a water/ethanol extraction and mixed it with regular powdered kratom.
I don't know what else it could be if you say they have good quality control and don't use dyes. Maybe some really old kratom which got oxidized?
Are the effects identical to your usual red vein kratom? A regular photo without the flash would be helpful^^

Last edited:
It's not a marketing gimmick I assure you. The person I purchase from doesn't advertise. He is a farmer for the pekrindo (Indonesian Kratom Association). They have their own standards for quality control that they must meet in order to supply the AKA with kratom.
I do know that most strains are blends of red and white and green vein leaf, but this stuff must be treated in a different way than other strains.
My farmer said it was a "water-extract" and that the association tried to avoid shipping as they promote natural leaf. But what I dont understand is how it cx an be an extract and look like powdered leaf at the the same time. It very strange to me.
It's somewhat similar in color to some dried crushed leaf that I purchased (though the crushed leaf was deep green/grey) but still not nearly as black with some sparkles in it.

The sparkles tell me that there is an extract in there somewhere, but it is as if the crystal and leaf are one in the same instead of 2 different components of the kratom.

I'm trying to find papers on how it is made but no luck so far except from a kratom website which advertises its own product =/

Okay it definitely sounds like they just infused some regular leaf with a bit of extract. If they did this before powderizing it, and it wasn't too much extract, the resulting leaf would still have roughly the same consistency as regular leaf.

Okay it definitely sounds like they just infused some regular leaf with a bit of extract. If they did this before powderizing it, and it wasn't too much extract, the resulting leaf would still have roughly the same consistency as regular leaf.

You think so? I'm beginning to lean that way as well. I've taken it quite a few times already and the taste is similar to my extracts, although it has the taste of fermented kratom as well.
I'll make a water-based extract in the next few days, get some resin, grind it, and blend it with some leaf and see what the resulting kratom looks like.
I'll also do this with an ethanol based extract and see what my results are.
I'll post pics so you can have a look.