• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Black sticky BHO problem

blastin_rogers

Greenlighter
Im blasting some dry ice kief I made awhile ago, its not going well. The oil comes out black and sticky, it will not solidify no matter what I do with it. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here, some friends have told me that kief runs just dont work well, maybe someone has experience with this kind of thing? Your help is appreciated thank you!

What are you filtering it through when you make i.e. what micron sized screen(s) are you using?

I would would use a set of bubblebags or the equivalent and use that (starting with the 73u bag). There's definitely a method to doing it though.

Make sure you toss the weed with the dry ice enough for it to actually freeze before you filter through the kief.

To make hash from your kief , press it down using a metal kief press or use cellophane, heat and pressure from the sole of your shoe. You can mix all the grades together before pressing or you can press each grade separately.

Did you put any herb at the bottom? Try doing like 3/4 keif and 1/4 bud/trim. It might only need a tiny bit, but I'm not sure as I've yet to work with it. I think the black sticky stuff comes from wax and chlorophyll.

Also bake your dry ice hash at a low temp like 110 or so (put the keif in stainless steel bowl over boiling water not in so stream heats bowl) and make sure that it is bone dry. Any water will probably pull with the butane and bring all the wax and stuff with it.