• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Black Seed Oil is AMAZING

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I got this stuff to bring my kratom tolerance down. I did not expect it to be such a potent mood stabalizer. I feel so calm, clear, no anxiety. It's just incredible. How is this even possible? Like I just can't believe it at all. I've been put on like every anti-depressant ever and I could've just been taking this? I'm ditching my prozac real soon, this is the shit. I've never done MDMA but I imagine this feels like it to an extent. I just wanna hug everyone. I'm in such disbelief that it's put me in such a good mood after such an awful day.

The burps taste like motor oil tho lol. Only downside I guess, but I can live with that. I took 1g this evening before dinner in gelcaps, but I think when I took it in pure oil the other day with some honey I didn't have this happen. The gelcaps seem a lot more potent. I once had seeded capsules but they weren't very potent, or probably had a low content of thymoquinone, the main component for these effects. I think an extract from *no sourcing please* would probably be ideal

If you suffer from anxiety, depression, ptsd, ocd, seriously try this. I'm not spouting naturopathic bullshit. This stuff is legit. Mileage of course can vary. Some people respond very well to things like L-theanine. There's just so many supplements out there, but BSO seems to have the most hype around it. But due to it's strong tie to Islamic culture and the belief from Muhammed that it cures "all diseases but death" it's easy to go into it skeptical, as I was. Lots of people on reddit seem to have similar effects, it like changed their life.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place btw, wasn't sure where to put it. It's not exactly a drug, but a substance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the gelcaps are the best.

Problem is I find it stops working after a while, or becomes less noticeable. Perhaps a tolerance forms. The dreams it can induce can get a bit over the top, and perhaps the worst property is the oily heart burn, which is what dissuades me the most from taking it. Perhaps I'll try the powdered extract again as a means of circumventing the heart burn.

Sold, I am going to give it a shot. Last Summer I went from 50 gr of kratom a day to 30. I was going to get some then but it was a non issue. A few extra yawns and a chill or two. Then after a few days 30 gr felt like the 50. But I want to drop again down to 15gr or less and utilize black seed oil. Not sure we an talk brands but if you all have any. Or any source would be ok I imagine. Thankfully I have never had acid reflux or heartburn ever in my life.

That was a great testimony @BourbonMac. Only a few posts have inspired me to try something and this is one of them. Although I had already had it marked down when negrogesic mentioned it in the past.

Yeah I actually originally tried it last summer for reducing kratom tolerance, but the brand I picked up was from walmart and it tasted like monkey butthole. Even though I had similar effects, it just tasted SO fucking bad that I didn't even bother trying it again. I instead found some seeded capsules but didn't find they worked the same, then I ended up having some G.I problems (unrelated to the oil, I was going through a lot of antibiotics for sinus infections) which turned me away from it for a bit. I can definitely attest it lowers kratom tolerance though. In fact it was too much for me, and actually the only potentiator that ever worked. Turmeric and all that never did a thing for me.

I remember when I did this, I took 3 grams and I was literally smacked, and I felt the effects for the entire day just like when I'd first started. Got to the point where I was like ok, can this stop? It was like I'd taken 10 grams or something. The seeded capsules didn't quite have as dramatic of an effect, although the dose per serving was 950mg per 2 caps vs 5,000mg for the pure oil. I wasn't willing to swallow a ton of the capsules to try and reach 5,000.

However you can't just take it right before. It takes 2-4 hours for to bind to the mu-opioid receptor and that lasts for about 12 hours. So it's good to take at bedtime if you're gonna have a morning dose you want to make stronger.

I'd only gone to my vitamin store for my usual CBD chamomile tea, but I saw the black seed gelcaps and decided to grab them. No ragrets.
I haven't exactly had oily heartburn, but my burps tasted ridiculously oily last night. Tonight they don't for whatever reason and I took 3 instead of 2. Maybe the timing has to be like, right when you eat. I'd taken them 5-10 minutes before dinner and was already burping it up yesterday.

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with a teaspoon of ground Nigella Sativa seeds at bedtime, but have never noticed much tbh. Might have bought a weak batch of seeds. Should I try pre-extracted oil for best results? I was trying to use the seeds because they're cheaper than BSO.

I only bought the oil form, in little bottles of 200ml and once 500ml. The one of 500ml was clearly more "potent" at least on taste and produced that burps that are not horrible but very "noticeable" .. The 200ml bottle was "organic" so maybe that makes it less strong on taste and burp effects.
I like it, but I don't like its mood stabilizing properties, it's too zen for me, at least for my regular days, in nightime is allright, I take sometimes for health reasons, to feel I'm taking care of myself:rofl:
It clearly works for kratom tolerance management and for kratom withdrawals, if I'm tapering and I wake up nervous and shitty I take a teaspoon and I can come back to bed and sleep quite soon. I notice some effects in less than an hour, not 2-3 hours.

If you want to use the seeds instead of the oil you need to take 3 times more, so if you want the effect of a teaspoon you need to use 3 teaspoons of seeds. Personally never tried seeds but gonna buy them to try and to cultivate them, (to get my own oil).

I've been experimenting with a teaspoon of ground Nigella Sativa seeds at bedtime, but have never noticed much tbh. Might have bought a weak batch of seeds. Should I try pre-extracted oil for best results? I was trying to use the seeds because they're cheaper than BSO.
Yeah mileage will vary a lot based on thymoquinone content. Nootropics depot seems to have some of the highest. it's 10mg thymoquinone per 1g serving of my gelcaps.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day and he ordered this from amazon https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079YYY4QP/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_XNX58YWTSGG009VMGZS4_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

thymoquinone content per serving 82mg! with 5g of the oil, standard for that. That's insane. I'd only reach ~50 if I took 5g in gelcaps. The oil I got from walmart does not specify thymoquinone content, but I know it was definitely pretty potent because I felt it for sure. nootropics depot has like powdered thymoquinone I think which might set better for some people, or just be better in general, not sure. I will have to give theirs a try at some point.

My mood has definitely been stabler though, like I've been on steroids after sinus surgery and they were making me crazy. This has helped keep me subdued as well as benzos, in fact even better. It's really remarkable to me how effective it can be. I think the oil disagreeing with some peoples stomachs is probably why it isn't more often spoken highly of. That and brands being really hit or miss.

It almost sounds like opiate high for beginners in your first post lol. I'm definitely curious about this stuff now... never heard of it! Why haven't I heard of this stuff before? Just curious.

It does tickle the mu-opioid receptor, but I can't say it feels anything like an opioid by itself. It's very popularly talked about on reddit but I don't see much about it on here save for a couple threads about potentiating opiates. I do think the oil can be pretty harsh on the G.I, so I'm looking into a high thymoquinone extract instead. I stomach the oil fine, but a lot of people don't seem to.

So I bought the Nootropics Depot extract powder, should be in on Thursday. Although I stomach the oil fine, the burps really do taste pretty nasty and I want the highest quality product I can get.

Today was a good indicator of how much this stuff potentiates kratom. It's best taken at bedtime before a morning dose, I kept forgetting because I'd get too stoned. The effects of my dose around 1pm still haven't fully gone away and it's 7:45pm here. I think it mostly just lengthens the effects moreso that potentiates but it's hard to say. I definitely did feel a bit more than I've been feeling for the past month, especially after I was prescribed oxycodone last month after sinus surgery, that made my kratom tolerance skyrocket.

Excited to try the powder though. It does seem there is a bit of a tolerance factor to the psychological benefits of thymoquinone, when I made this thread I felt so amazing. It's continued to keep me calmer lately, but given how incredible that feeling was, I should probably skip a few days from time to time.

So I bought the Nootropics Depot extract powder, should be in on Thursday. Although I stomach the oil fine, the burps really do taste pretty nasty and I want the highest quality product I can get.

Today was a good indicator of how much this stuff potentiates kratom. It's best taken at bedtime before a morning dose, I kept forgetting because I'd get too stoned. The effects of my dose around 1pm still haven't fully gone away and it's 7:45pm here. I think it mostly just lengthens the effects moreso that potentiates but it's hard to say. I definitely did feel a bit more than I've been feeling for the past month, especially after I was prescribed oxycodone last month after sinus surgery, that made my kratom tolerance skyrocket.

Excited to try the powder though. It does seem there is a bit of a tolerance factor to the psychological benefits of thymoquinone, when I made this thread I felt so amazing. It's continued to keep me calmer lately, but given how incredible that feeling was, I should probably skip a few days from time to time.

Yea I’m excited to hear how the powder treats you, the GI discomfort is why I haven’t tried this yet.

-GC

If that's what you think, whatever. I didn't go into this with any expectations the first time or the 2nd time, and a lot of people report feeling much calmer while using it.
I can't just placebo away my anxiety, depression and PTSD. That would be great, but that's not how it works. Have you even tried it?

No I haven't tried it and there's no point

I have a naturally high tolerance for sedating substances

Even with no tolerance to benzos I get no effects from a 10mg dose of Valium or a 1mg dose of Ativan

This isn't a sedative, it's gained popularity as a nootropic. I notice it makes me very clear headed, focused and calm. And it reduces withdrawals from opioids as well as reducing tolerance.

Can't knock it till you try it. But I will re-iterate that this was in no way placebo and I've generally been in much higher spirits ever since I've started taking it. I had no expectations that it would make me feel as good as it did. Tolerance does happen and I haven't felt that same "high" but I still continue to benefit from it cognitively and also in managing pain a month out of sinus surgery. It's a great anti-inflammatory, but the oil itself harms microbiome, that's why I'm going with the powder now.

Don't worry Mr Mac I am up next. :LOL: Maybe for tapering kratom it works better. We'll see. However hydro throwing it out is also a powerful statement. lol

I generally use it for tapering kratom, specially at 2 particular moments, just before bed and whenever I feel withdrawal that disturbs my sleep (while tapering or withdrawal).

I've been using it for covid this week (got it on sunday...) I think it does help lowering the inflammation, covid is basically a microvascular inflammatory disease...
It has helped to go through it, mixed with 15 drops of copaiba oil (amazing plant) and also used artemisia annua (6-7 grams a day, probably more would do better..), NAC, quercetin + .zinc and kratom. Now I'm already feeling 65% well, not vaxxed, risk group (diabetes type 1), 33 years old.

the risk of serotonin syndrome kinda turned me off

my bottle of oil has been collecting dust

I noticed less kratom cravings while taking it, but not much in the way of mood enhancement (maybe they were one in the same?)

Last edited: