• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Black Seed Oil for Opioid / Amphetamine Harm Reduction

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Wrote this up for a Reddit post, thought I'd share it here... I have seen some posts regarding black seed oil here but I still feel that this should be reiterated. BSO is very valuable for harm reduction.

So a lot of opiate users (mostly kratom users) have acknowledged that black cumin is fairly effective at mitigating tolerance. For kratom, I find it especially beneficial. It really levels out the effects by minimizing brain fog and elongating the entire experience. For stronger opioids like heroin, I find the strength of the opiates tend to overpower the effects of the black cumin during active usage, but it has been fairly useful for managing mild withdrawals.

Thymoquinone is the active compound in black cumin believed to be responsible for its benefits. I recently found a study that proposes that the consumption of thymoquinone may be helpful for managing amphetamine addiction.

It has been proven useful to help reduce tolerance and addiction to tramadol and its ability to influence dopamine and other neurotransmitters suggests that it might be useful for managing amphetamine addiction.

Black seed oil is also allegedly a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor and CYP2D6 inhibitor, so it can make a number of substances much more effective and drawn-out in duration. Some users have found this effect to be dangerously potent. Ironically the same user found that black seed oil helped to mitigate the same overwhelming symptoms that it caused.

Other users have found black seed oil immensely useful for helping to repair their damaged GABA system.

Black seed oil is also an HDAC inhibitor. This mechanism on its own is alleged to be responsible for a large part of ketamine's antidepressant effects. Black seed oil is also believed to have some small action at the mu opioid receptor site.

Just thought I'd drop this information here since black seed oil has been invaluable to me. All of these benefits don't even scratch the surface of its actual health benefits, either. It's an incredibly potent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant that can boost immunity.

If you are considering buying BSO, I would recommend finding it at a foreign / Indian import store. It may be harder to find but will generally be much, much cheaper than the standard price (I pay $27 from the health food store), or you can find a store that stocks actual black cumin seeds (about $5-10 for a kilo) and grind those up in a coffee grinder and just eat those.

I have promoted black seed oil at great length here. Most of this was in the context of thymoquinone's benefits for opioid withdrawal but also as a general mild sedative and anxiolytic.

I agree, it works particularly with and in withdrawal from kratom.

What I do notice however is some paradoxical effects when too much is consumed, such as difficulty sleeping and even anxiety.

It's good stuff, I was surprised the first time I took it with kratom and I started nodding out of no where. Again it has particular synergy with kratom given a synergistic effect on ion channels.

Not the cure all that the prophet mohammed supposedly professor ("cures all except death") but it is certainly pretty handy.