View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Black Pyramid LSD

DeadElvis666

Bluelighter
I was reading in the "Orange Sunshine Barrels" thread and I saw mention of what sounded like "black pyramids" by one of the posters. I was a child of the 90's and "black pyramids" were the legendary LSD of that time period. Never actually saw them myself. Heard rumors it was actually mescaline rather than LSD, which is why so many people "never came down" from black pyramids. Anybody out there actually seen or taken them? What was your experience?

they had a tiny gold line on them

Yipper, there was a lot too about mid 90's. I remember well. A black plastic like sheet.

I had a friend kept one all that time and took it in 2012. Said it was very potent still.

I had green pyramid gel tabs in Australia in the early 90's. They were a very nice dose of very clean acid.

They were also called geltabs. My first experience was with a black geltab, and it is by far the strongest dose of LSD I have ever taken.

I have no idea of the actual ug/mics of them but one dose gave me ego death, an out of body experience, and a spiritual experience. Anyone have any idea about how many ug/mics that is? The trip was so intense that I had no real desire to take LSD again until 5 years later and then I wanted to take it in a more moderate/low dose since I had already experienced a high dose.

But the gelatain in a geltab/windowpane/pyramid, or whatever the microdot/barrel that Toltec posted a picture of was made out of is just a carrier for LSD.

Yeah I did a lot of geltabs in the 90's. Pretty much every color of the rainbow. The dark purple ones stood out as being really strong. But the black pyramids were different. They were black with gold coloring. Never saw them in person but heard a lot about them. I was wondering what they are. Were they just black geltabs with gold markings or were they more like a little capsule?

I don't really have liquid acid I am itchy to distribute on carriers : P but you can give me one of those pyramid geltab molds for christmas, to put other potent drugs in... if I had the money I'd have one 3D printed..

Why was the LSD not on paper blotter?

Suppose I'm asking why they chose to have LSD in this form?

Just so all you guys know, a ton of these pyramid gel tabs - including the black gels with the gold flakes - have been going around the LSD scene in the past 7+ months or so. I saw them at a lot of music festivals this Summer. Lots of them with silver flakes as well. All high potency. It was rumored they've been going around because it's the Grateful Dead's 50th Anniversary year. Keep your eyes peeled

Why was the LSD not on paper blotter?

Suppose I'm asking why they chose to have LSD in this form?

Guess it has different advantages and disadvantages compared to paper. Paper blotter hits are in some ways much harder to make consistently regarding potency... with geltabs the trick is more about the recipe for the carrier (the gels) itself, not making them too brittle or too soft. But the potency should be homogenous. And finally difference in 'marketing', shape and color vs design of blotter paper.

That said, I only have personal experience with jell-o containing other stuff and DIY blotter, none of the real stuff.

I don't really have liquid acid I am itchy to distribute on carriers : P but you can give me one of those pyramid geltab molds for christmas, to put other potent drugs in... if I had the money I'd have one 3D printed..
Speaking of, would you reckon tryptamines such as 4-ho-met/mipt would be syable at the tempurature nessary to melt geltin in order to produce gelitin tabs? I have seen vendors with 4-ho-met and 4-aco-dmt geltabs I was just wondering if there was a special way or a certian heat not to exceed. I made a thread recently about this with not much response thus far. I am new to bluelight, but I recognize your sceenname from lurking and know you tend to give solid information, or I wouldn't have really inquires.

Yeah, one of my friends used to make lots of geltabs. They are easy to make, pretty consistent in terms of dosage, and they seem to store well. He would give me all the end-scraps for free, so I always had a big heap of strange plastic looking scraps in the freezer. Overall I'd say it was a better medium than blotter paper.

But I was more curious about the actual black pyramids. I mean, anyone can make geltabs, but those black pyramids were different. I'm not even sure if it was actually LSD.

Geltabs are deffenitly back, had some right after the dead tour no cool flakes in them though.
But apple flavored with a tan color. Bomb shit.
But ald 52 is out and is dare I say better than lsd? Its REALLY close. Not 1p lsd close but lsd close.

one talked with swim about the nineties; legend has it that he watched a traveling chemist lay a sheet out in a hotel room, the recipe called for 300 ug a pyramid; gold flake was set on drying gels to block uv rays (swim could be wrong), made it look cute.
Anywho, sometime before the chemist's inevitable arrest, he bestowed upon swim an 8-10 strip; one forgot the dosage, took two, and experienced ego death.

anyways that was just a story, who knows the truth

@Bigazznugz ya, ALD-52, otherwise known as "orange sunshine" is out, in a big way; much more calm than 1P, however, as potent? unsure as of yet

Last edited:
According to Otto Snow's book " LSD " the pyramid tabs are made by spraying the gel mixture onto a mold made from a flouro tube light cover .
I scored some blue ones in Perth Australia about 1988 , but potency was nothing exceptional .

Last edited:
Seen them a bunch the past year or two. Square gels with pyramid tops. Super dark purple, almost black, with light gold or silver sparkle. Does NOT look like something made by an amateur. Heard nothing but good things about it from people that I would trust the opinion of. Was gifted some that I gave most of away, reviews were stellar. Saved a couple for myself the next time. Can geltabs be tested with Ehrlichs? It would seem that a purple gel would just turn a reagent purple regardless so I don't think it can be tested that way. If I wasn't so broke I'd send one in to ED to set the record straight.

edit: Nevermind, on closer inspection, they have a silver sheen sort of, but no actual flakes of anything gold or silver. Just a dark purple.

Seen them a bunch the past year or two. Square gels with pyramid tops. Super dark purple, almost black, with light gold or silver sparkle. Does NOT look like something made by an amateur. Heard nothing but good things about it from people that I would trust the opinion of. Was gifted some that I gave most of away, reviews were stellar. Saved a couple for myself the next time. Can geltabs be tested with Ehrlichs? It would seem that a purple gel would just turn a reagent purple regardless so I don't think it can be tested that way. If I wasn't so broke I'd send one in to ED to set the record straight.

edit: Nevermind, on closer inspection, they have a silver sheen sort of, but no actual flakes of anything gold or silver. Just a dark purple.
I have seen people on reddit having a hard time testing them. All the pyramids I have gotten in the last year(multiple colors) came from the same place
A few of them had silver or gold flakes but the disteibuter told.me is was edible silver flake. All of them have been wonderful, he recently switched to a new wxclusive crystal.

I was reading in the "Orange Sunshine Barrels" thread and I saw mention of what sounded like "black pyramids" by one of the posters. I was a child of the 90's and "black pyramids" were the legendary LSD of that time period. Never actually saw them myself. Heard rumors it was actually mescaline rather than LSD, which is why so many people "never came down" from black pyramids. Anybody out there actually seen or taken them? What was your experience?

In my first days of drug use Black Pyramids were simply windowpane acid shaped like a pyramid.
Windowpane acid was just gelatin capsule material. The flat windowpanes were commonly put on the eyeball like a contact for a quicker come up, but pyramid shape didn't lend itself to that. Usually it was stronger than average LSD.
They were around in the 70's and 80's...and from the OP's post, the 90's as well.