• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Black Pepper (Piperine) for Oxy potentiation

pally pete

Bluelighter
Good evening Bluelighters :)

Just a question I hope somebody could please answer for me (As quick as possible, as I'd like be be trying this tonight, preferably within the next hour or so).. Can I use ground Black Pepper out of my kitchen cupboard as a potentiator for my Oxycontin? Or does it have to be a particular variety/extract etc?

I know it sounds like a bit of a strange ask... But I have been reading that 'Piperine' (A compound that is contained in Black Pepper) is a decent inhibitor of CYP3A4. Similar in the way that White Grapefruit Juice is. Unfortunately, at this very moment, I neither posess, nor can I get any White Grapefruit Juice.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.. Also, how much of the Black Pepper would I need to be using? For example, a pinch? A teaspoon/tablespoon? A gram or 2 etc etc? When would I need to be taking the Black Pepper for it to be effective? Sometime before consuming the Oxy I'm guessing.. Just how long before..?

Many thanks in advance.

;)

Last edited:
Dude....never heard the black pepper thing before... I am a long time opiate (all forms) user. Like, lifestyle-wise.... the only "potentiation" I've heard of, read about, and know works is grapefruit. Pure grapefruit juice too... It has to be unadulterated fruit and/or juice. ALL opiates, pharmaceutically speaking, is converted to morphine by the liver. Grapefruit can cause your liver to do this faster and cause a faster uptake BUT...IMO and IME... the 11%-15% difference is negligible in "feeling"

It's true that it's a potentiator, but Oxycodone is actually only metabolized in a limited fashion, with the majority of effects being exerted by the drug itself and not it's metabolism into Oxymorphone. I've tried a lot of potentiators over the years and have never experienced anything that I could literally differentiate from placebo. It's just a waste of time and energy in my opinion. Maybe, and I mean maybe, you'll potentiate your Oxycodone by ten percent, but I would consider that to be a pretty high estimate.

Hey sacknut and welcome to Bluelight. Please refrain from making statements that you're not actually sure of in terms of their veracity. It's simply not true that all Opioids are converted to Morphine in the liver. I don't know where you heard that, but it's not actually a thing. Please just be more sure about the quality of your information before posting it for everyone to see and potentially retain in their minds as fact.