BL Travel Guide: A Locals Guide to YOUR TOWN!

Nice photos! I've been meaning to go to the Philippines for years as I have relatives living in Manila, but have never got around to actually getting there. That will have to change soon i think. :)

The other day I did the whole photo thing, but BL lost my post so I won't bother with it again.

pekkie said:
Nice photos! I've been meaning to go to the Philippines for years as I have relatives living in Manila, but have never got around to actually getting there. That will have to change soon i think. :)

I remember you saying this before. You should fly over. We'll show you a right good time. %)

Dtergent said:
Yay it's ze boyfriend! (Leftmost dude in red).

Damn CC... I've just gotten back from Bacolod and now you've got me fiending for a weekend in El Nido. I miss it so bad!

*jealous* I wanna go back to Bacolod! waaah!!!!

Beautiful Akron..
AkronSkylineBlimp.jpg

Akron, OH, is located in the heart of Summit County about 30 miles south of Cleveland OH. Four major interstates, the Ohio Turnpike and two major airports serve Akron.

Ohio's fifth largest city is a commercial and industrial hub with 1,500 manufacturers and more than 150 Fortune 500 companies.

Major attractions in Akron include
e2d9e13828219d1791bcfd5c.thumb.jpg

Goodyear World of Rubber,
CanalParkSitenew.jpg

Akron Aeros AA Baseball Team (Canal Park Stadium)
0022_B13.jpg

Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens,
akronartL.gif

Akron Art Museum,
river.jpg

Cuyahoga Valley National Park and
350px-National_inventors_hall_of_fame_exterior_2005.jpg

the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

Within a 30 mile radius of Akron visitors will find Six Flags Ohio, Sea World of Ohio the Football Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Founded in 1825 near the Ohio & Erie Canal, it was first a stop-over en route for early shipping. The early 20th century saw its greatest population boom, where in ten years the population more than tripled from 60,000 to 210,000, with the introduction of the rubber industry, earning us the nickname "The Rubber City". It's been downhill ever since. With the collapse of many manufacturing industries population grow has turned negative & urban decay is prevellant. Summit County leads the midwest U.S. in the number of methlabs, Fried Chicken Establishments, and places where you can sport a mullet &/or perm without facing ridicule...

Wikipedi.org has these wonderful facts about my fair city:
Nicknames
"The Rubber City"
"AK-Rowdy"
"The AK"
"CrAkron"
"A.K.RON"
"the KRON"
"L.A." (lower Akron)

Firsts
First balloon tire
First automobile tires made in the United States
First rubber-wound golf ball
First breakfast cereal
First artificial fish bait
First cotton-covered rubber fire hose
First U.S. toy company
First synthetic rubber tire
First commercial tubeless tire
First graded school system in U.S.
First automobile police patrol wagon
First long distance electric railway in world
First U.S. space suits
First trans-active science museum (National Inventors Hall of Fame)
First meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous.
First Champion of the NFL - 1920 (Akron Professionals)

Thank god no one has time to post our "lasts"

Vernon BC Canada

In one of the warmest parts of Canada
Its a very small city, somewhere between 50 and 70 thousand people
this is what it looks like
PT-042-Vernon-Lakes.jpg

its known somewhat as a retirement town, so it has the predator ridge golf course
predator_l.jpg

and the family ski resort Silver Star Mountain
full_gallery_060117100315oO.jpg

which is, despite its lack of rocky peaks and steep steep slopes, not a bad hill
kal lake is very nice to swim in, and has some beautiful little beaches, as well as lots of good cliff jumping
PT-044a-Kallake.jpg

the town itself hasn't been here for long, i believe it was all ranchland up til the late late 1800's, so theres not much to look at downtown, compared to real cities.
but really , the best reason to live in the heart of bc:
1309110-bdcc1.jpg

Oh my lord I want to go to Palawan SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I loooooove the Philippines - beautiful country, wonderful people - I fell in love when I was there. :)

I'd do my town but I'm such a nomad that I have no idea where I actually live. I've been living out of a suitcase for about a month now.

^^What's smaller than village? I don't even think this place qualifies as a village. ;)

How about: Place with Trees, a Fishplant and Approximately 20 Houses?

Really nice photos everyone.

I cannot wait for winter season. Heavenly looks heavenly. I've been meaning to check out heavenly but I didn't get to last year. How is the weather doing up there?

mealltach said:
^^What's smaller than village? I don't even think this place qualifies as a village. ;)

How about: Place with Trees, a Fishplant and Approximately 20 Houses?

That sounds like a village to me! ;) Or possibly a "barrio" =D

mealltach said:
Oh my lord I want to go to Palawan SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I loooooove the Philippines - beautiful country, wonderful people - I fell in love when I was there. :)

When were you in Palawan? :) It really is fucking paradise. Someday soon I'm gonna live there.

Sure!!! And I really MEAN I'm gonna live there, and I'm REALLY serious! I have an outstanding invitation to!!! :D

The philippines are sooo beautiful. I can't wait till I go next year. Maybe I can pick up some tagalog from CC.

mabantot ang pekpek mo!!

Dtergent said:
When were you in Palawan? :) It really is fucking paradise. Someday soon I'm gonna live there.

I've never been, sniff! I just WANT to go. Last May, I was frolicking around the Visayas; I went to Negros, Cebu and Siquijor. Yes, I know, who ends up on Siquijor, right? Well, me. :)

So in the future, you will move to Palawan, at which point I will visit you. okay? (heehee!) I'm making more and more Philippino/a friends so that I can tour the whole bloody country on a budget. I'd like to go for a few months at least. I wonder how much it costs for a foreigner to study in the Philippines?

(Wow - holy thread derailment batman. Oops!)

London

bigbenwy8.jpg

Big Ben and Houses of Parliament

Trafalgar-Square.jpg

Trafalgar Square

Thames.jpg

The Thames

londontowerbridge1.jpg

Tower Bridge (I love walking there and along the banks of the Thames at night)

hydeparkcorner.jpg

Hyde Park

StarOceanHouse said:
The philippines are sooo beautiful. I can't wait till I go next year. Maybe I can pick up some tagalog from CC.

mabantot ang pekpek mo!!

l0llerZ! GAGA!!! Maliit ang titi mo!!!! ;) i <3 u

I wonder how much it costs for a foreigner to study in the Philippines?

Very inexpensive actually....a lot of foriegners (from neighboring countries) study here because it's so much cheaper and the quality of education is pretty good. :)