Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

BL Film-Making! (Formerly "BL Cinematography")

thats great stuff l2r
props to you and everyone involve (including the cat and that action figure)
the face effect was cool
needs more ninja ;)

I have to admit that when I saw the ninja I said "Wow, that's badass!" in my mind.

thanks guys <3

Some of the fast editing was a little too much for me. I felt like if I blinked I would miss something.

this rejection gives me an opportunity to recut it without the stupid tropfest 7 min limit. i'll slow it down a bit and add a couple of scenes (including my cameo and another animated bit i haven't made yet)

Other than that it was great! Awesome special effects dude. What did you use to blank out the mothers face? Pretty cool man pretty cool.

Thanks. I used the only method i know how. It was slow and very painful. Why do you think you have a thank you credit, damo?

photoshop. frame by bloody frame.

there's a bit of mspaint in there too =D

Where to now? What did you learn from this video? Would you have done anything differently?

my biggest learning is if i am going to work with young kids, i really need to do an audition.

from here i will recut this thing and enter it in other festivals. i have a few ideas for other projects, the one i was leaning to most recently as my next is a way out there visualisation of what happened prior to the big bang. now i'm thinking it might be a bit early for that one. i have a couple of other fun and silly things up my sleeve. not sure.

Thanks. I used the only method i know how. It was slow and very painful. Why do you think you have a thank you credit, damo?
photoshop. frame by bloody frame.

there's a bit of mspaint in there too =D
I thought that, but I just couldn't believe it. You did a great job with it.

my biggest learning is if i am going to work with young kids, i really need to do an audition.
lol, ya. :)

I really liked your film alot Damien , that was a great version of that song ive never heard before. I hope to visit California in the near future it looks like such a beautiful place :D

Thank you! Man I wish it weren't that small. That version is done by Mates of State. I've been thinking about this thread lately and have some stuff I want to start chopping up.

California will welcome you with open arms. :)

Im going to get all there albums I really dig them . I love being introduced to new music , Thank you. Would you happen to know which album that track was off of so I can get that one first ?

According to wikipedia it looks like it was just a single released on a compilation album.

Other releases
* 2006 - "California" (Phantom Planet cover) on the compilation Music from the OC: Mix 6 (WEA)

Awesome thank you , I just got 3 of there studio albums and was wondering why it wasn't on them. Your awesome bro thanks again :D

since tropfest rejected me, here's my film
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jZE-1dNmVjg
First of all, that's a good effort (your first?).

Overall, I have to say it seemed to me like the first part of a series. I love ambiguity and mystery in a film, but only when it feels purposeful. I didn't get that feeling with this. I guess I didn't understand the role of the supernatural force. It is sinister, but to what end? That's as well as I can explain myself.

I also agree with your own observation, the kids make their scenes look like rehearsal outtakes.

I do think you've got a good ear for what's required sound-wise. There's the talent there to produce some good stuff, perhaps requiring the aid of better equipment and a honed skill-set.

thanks for that. much appreciated. :) yes that was my first =D

let's see how i go out the recut longer version. i'll need another forty seconds or so to make it seem less rushed.

since tropfest rejected me, here's my film
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jZE-1dNmVjg

I really don't get it, especially the significance at the end with the actress going blind and bloody Teddy. It started out good. I <3 seens where women go about their morning rituals . . . some women downtown must get up awefully early when it's freezing in the house to spend an hour getting ready to go to work . . . the trouble she has with her son but then I lost it. Seems unreal anyone (especially someone who does manicure 4 a living) would pay $100 for a Teddy Bear U could get on Ebay for much less.

Special effects, soundtrack, costumes (I noticed the tag sticking outta her night-clothes and wanted to fix it for her, lol), cinamatography & reality scene's were good . . . then end of the story wasn't . . . I was completly bewildered as to the ending, like WTF kinda ending was that?! Nice scream though, I <3 it when women scream . . . there was a reality TV show where they had contestants, the winner would be in a new sequel to a Horror film (forget which one) in one of the challenges, the contestants had to get into a bathtub, some kinda snakey-monster came up outta the bubbles and they had to scream . . . so funny! Yeah, I <3 it when women/gurlz scream at concerts! :)

I also saw two struggling women, which touched me: In this modern world our women hafta struggle . . . what kinda effing "civilization" makes their women struggle to exist!?! Empathized with the boy too.

Don't understand the title to the film either!

EDIT: Maybe I do get it . . . struggling woman trying to do everything good but nothing turns out alright 4 her.

Last edited:
i've now been knocked back for two festivals and am in consideration for a third
but regardless i now have an imdb title page :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1458495/

in a few days you should be able to view the whole extended edition from that page

in the above link, my entire short film can be watched. i've finally compressed it to a size and type that would work on their website.

i'd like to see somehting made by thedeceased, even if it's just experimentation, a test or just mucking around!

Just got myself a shitload of film equipment from Malaysia including a beautiful HD camera.

Will post an experiment soon when i get around to it. Still haven't gotten around to checking out your film, Impacto. I forgot about it. Can't watch it now, too scattered. Send me a private message to remind me would ya?