Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(BK-2C-B / 115mg) - First Trial - Something New

MundaneDivinity

Bluelighter
I hope this is better than my first trip report, an incredibly dull account of my first high dose experience with 3-MeO-PCP that really isn't worth reading (don't do it). Additionally, my notes are terrible (I don't take any; I should really work on that), so forgive any lack of specificity.

Procurement and Allergy Testing

Around two months ago, I ordered a potpourri of samples from a vendor who was selling things they had received in various trades on the cheap as part of a semi-going-out-of-business sale. Among those samples was 120mg of what was reportedly BK-2C-B, which arrived artfully smeared across the inside of a bag large enough to hold 10-20 grams. Despite being rather excited to run some tests with this one, I was a little put off by reports of inconsistent efficacy when dosed other than in gelatin capsules on an empty stomach. Since it seemed like it was going to be a pain in the ass scraping my meager sample off of the sides of that enormous bag, I held off. In the interim, it sat sealed in two clear plastic bags inside of a dark cupboard where the ambient temperature ranged from probably 55-90 degrees Fahrenheit for at least a month. In short, I was neither overtly negligent nor especially careful in my storage of this chemical.

Around two weeks ago, curiosity began putting the screws to the cat so I went about preparing an allergy test. At the same time, I scraped, prodded, shook, and stuffed the remaining material (determined later to be roughly 115mg) into a size 00 gelatin capsule for later consumption. Something like 15mg was consumed over roughly three hours (again, shitty notes, sorry for lack of specificity). Threshold effects were apparent within a few hours (brightening of colors, tactile enhancement, good humor), but written off as placebo until the wife came home at around T: +4:00 and her first words were, "Your pupils are HUGE! Are you tripping!?"

Apparently it is difficult to convince someone that you have only taken an allergy test when you can't stop giggling. This of course led to the slightly more troubling question, "What did you take? Is it something new?" As it turns out, the answer to this question is a rather nuanced one. She deliberately keeps her knowledge of my researching proclivities in the grey, deigning to forego the specifics of psychedelic drug nomenclature in return for her tacit acceptance of my work in moderation, predicated on the unspoken agreement that I furtively conceal my frequent forays into excess but actively seek her assistance in managing my gross compulsions (classic enabler: sometimes accepting, often disapproving, occasionally partaking). Thus, I knew that the straightforward answer "'twas BK-2C-B, love of mine," would only elicit a blank stare with a hint of horror-tinged disappointment. Onward then to explaining that yes, in the grand scheme of things it is a relatively new material, and no I haven't tested it before, but it has been sitting out in the open in the kitchen cupboard for several months now so in that respect it's not really new ... okay, fine, it is indeed Something New. She threatened to lock away my stash (jokingly of course), I laughingly told her to fuck off (seriously though), and good times were had by all. Back to business as usual. Mild CEVs persisted throughout the night in the form of faintly apparent, flowing green and pink geometric patterns reminiscent of LSD or DOC, but this is not entirely unheard of for me even on a drug-free day. Sleep came easily without chemical assistance somewhere around T: +10:00.

Fast forward a week or two (again, shitty notes), and curiosity has thoroughly flayed the cat to the bone. I have already staved off the impulse to down that 115mg cap no less than three times, when I impulsively decide near the end of my shift at work around 12:30 that this Thursday is my Friday and the wife won't be home for a good five hours which should give me plenty of time to settle into my trip, making this a perfect day for a 12+ hour test. I arrive home at 12:55 and before the bell tolls I have consumed the 115mg on a mostly empty stomach, having had only two small meals (the last roughly two hours ago) over the course of my nine hour day.

Onset

I would describe the coming up phase at this dosage as lasting around three hours. During this time I experienced some light GI discomfort which felt more like hungry nausea than puke-your-guts-out nausea (mostly alleviated by drinking some water and eating some fresh grapes), gradually increasing brightening of colors, very mild anxiety and jitters, tactile enhancement, and I was absolutely freezing despite the fact that the temperature outside was approaching 90 degrees. I was tempted to throw on a sweatshirt and huddle beneath some blankets, but decided it would be better to ride out the cold than to initiate a battle with wildly fluctuating body temperatures. In retrospect, I think this was a good idea since even when my temperature leveled off I was still periodically fraught with the shivers a la a case of the chills. In fact, the very nature of the body high throughout the experience was reminiscent of the increased tactile sensitivity one might experience while being touched mid-chill: a sort of shiver-inducing, comfortably electric rush over goose pimpled flesh. All in all, I found the come up to be fairly mild; apart from the nausea, even easier mentally or physically than the come up on acid. Body load remained comfortable throughout the trip. There was neither excess energy nor lethargy, mild nausea alleviated with hydration and a light, healthy snack, no anorexia or extreme hunger, very very mild tremors and bruxism (significantly less so than DOC for comparison). The only real oddity was an itchiness similar to being on opiates, which is slightly concerning considering the mention of some other allergic reactions noted in the thread containing Si Ingwe's early trip report.

Around T: +2:00, the wife texted that she would be coming home earlier than expected. The game was on! Sometimes I like to ride it out under the influence without her noticing so that I can later playfully rub it in her face. Once, she had to practice administering a particular standardized psychological test with me while, unbeknownst to her, I was under the influence of LSD. I took pride in the fact that she only realized later at dinner, when I burst into a fit of hysterical laughter at a mouthful of spaghetti. But back to the trip at hand.

I guess you could say that the peak experience began at around T: +3:00. Mentally I felt quite calm and collected. I noticed some increased empathy in that I was able to more effectively express my interest in her day, to recognize, appreciate, and praise her accomplishments at work, and convey my own hopes and fears regarding my day and the possibility of a promotion in my future. While I may have been slightly more inclined to mirth, I did not notice a distinctly positive or negative push in terms of my mood.

Time Dilation: An Aside

On this point, I must digress to feelings of time dilation. I find that the effects of time dilation vary from psychedelic to psychedelic, but have a tendency to be consistent across multiple experiences with the same drug. For example, I find that on LSD time seems to move forward at a breakneck speed with minutes turning to seconds, hours to minutes, and so on. On DOC time seems to plod along at the usual pace, while on 4-AcO-DMT time slows to a fucking crawl. Seconds turn to hours, minutes to years, and hours are an eternity. It seems that I am more prone to negative thoughts on the "slower moving" psychedelics. On 4-AcO-DMT my senses are so overwhelmingly saturated that I am absolutely crushed by the weight of each and every passing moment, agonizing over every single aspect of my life in excruciating detail, invariably leading to the The Fear, a profound feeling of "Oh my god what the fuck have I done to myself" accompanied by an urgent need to dispose of my entire stash of drugs right this fucking second, and finally a purging shower in which I desperately attempt to calm myself the fuck down. In the end it is cathartic, and after the first two hours or so I am an exuberant, giggling, light-hearted fool for the rest of the day. Back to BK-2C-B: I found it to be a "slow moving" psychedelic, but (at least at this dose; I believe higher doses could intensify this effect) closer to real-time than the eternities of 4-AcO-DMT. As such, I found that there was a propensity to dwell on the negative and become morose, but it was easily avoided for this relatively experienced psychonaut.

Visuals

Mind-fuck didn't seem to intensify much past T: +3:00, but visual intensity seemed to ramp up in waves from T: +3:00-6:00 (which I would probably call the peak of the experience). For the most part, I would describe this chemical at this dose as fairly strong visually if you want it to be. Every half hour or so during those three hours, the visuals would sort of pop out at me and I'd think "Oh, it's getting stronger," and would contentedly let myself get lost in them for a few minutes before returning my attention to whatever else it was that I happened to be doing. Tracers were more of a sparkly tail than a frame-by-frame picture. With eyes open there was significant brightening and shifting of colors, but visual distortions were mostly limited to the periphery: some minor strobing here and there, slight pulsing/morphing/breathing of objects on the fringe of my field of vision.

If I chose to focus on the OEVs, however, like one might look at a 3D magic eye painting, the potential was there for the CEV geometric overlay to come to the forefront and overtake my open eye vision. Here the visuals were most reminiscent of the rolling blankets of brightly colored diamonds and geometric patterns I am familiar with from LSD and DOC; closer to the LSD end of the spectrum regarding definition, whereas I find DOC to be intricately detailed, but with a broader spectrum of colors including oranges and blues compared to LSD (which I find to be predominately magenta and neon green). I also found a tendency towards some darker imagery as noted by some other users here, including multitudes of eyes and gaping, toothy maws, skulls, tribal faces, and dragons. When I took a shower around T: +6:00, the leafy pattern on my shower curtain was found to contain the pattern of a screaming face, which turned out to be just a part of a larger screaming face, which itself turned out to be comprised entirely of a number of other, smaller screaming faces. Considering the fairly level head space I found it more amusing than disturbing, but I could see it being problematic for novice psychonauts or the squeamish.

Plateau and Coming Down

Somewhere around T: +6:00 the effects began to level off, followed by a couple hours of plateau (maybe another 2-4 hours before the protracted comedown started). I walked to the convenience store for a couple of beers (I think I mentioned in another post recently that I don't usually drink on psychedelics. That was a dirty, filthy lie; I absolutely fucking love it. Forgive me.) and was instantly reminded of the importance of set and setting. At home I had been comfortably cruising along at a ++, but once in public I was immediately pushed into a +++. At home everything was fine and dandy; had I been at work for example, I have no doubt that I would have been doubled over in laughter in the face of some very confused and angry customers. At T: +10:00 I was definitely off peak but still very much under the influence and decided to add 25mg 3-MeO-PCP. Had a blast, do not recommend; I am a seasoned explorer of dissociatives and psychedelics, but 3-MeO-PCP apparently severely fucks some people up. Don't try this at home kids. At T: +14:00 when I went to bed, I was still distinctly aware of the presence of the BK-2C-B in my brain.

Summary

BK-2C-B was a fun, relatively mild, long-lasting psychedelic at a dose of 115mg. Roughly 2-3 hours to come up, 4 more hours to peak, followed by a couple hours of plateau, and a long, gradual come down. Over 12 hours to baseline. Slightly more empathogenic than introspective. Has potential to be visually powerful, but not overwhelmingly so (at this dose). Possible risk of melancholy and dark imagery. Something like 80-100mg might be more appropriate for a party setting. Would take again if I had more. Next dose would probably be 150mg. Impression that there is a line to be crossed where one is propelled from ++ bordering on +++ to full-blown +++/++++. For reference, I missed out on the glory days of 2Cs so this is one of my first PEA trips. Other PEA experiences include several 25x-NBOMes, DOC, and "HOT-7" which turned out to be 2C-T-2. Of these, I find BK-2C-B to most closely resemble a longer acting, more gentle 2C-T-2 (tested at 15mg over 3 hours): visual but not in your face, relatively calm and mild state of mind with some slight emphasis on emotion.

Last edited:
You are a great writer man; now I need to find your other trip reports (not the one you said not to read unless that's your only other one). I don't know which makes me happier: reading your trip report OR not ever having to take BK-2C-B myself. Hahaha. This was an awesome trip report. I read every word and could relate to so much of what you were saying.

I love how you describe your relationship with your wife as I had the EXACT same thing with my ex-wife. I'll never forget building our kids' play kitchen and halfway through she looked at me and said, "WTF ARE YOU TRIPPING?!" and I was high as fuck on some cactus I was testing out. Classic stuff my brother.

Very well-written and amusing to read, thanks for sharing. :) Interesting relationship you seem to have with your wife. :) Hopefully it's really as benign and joking as you describe. If so that's awesome, if not, that could lead to trouble.

Thanks for the kind words. My writing is a little rusty after letting my mind go to waste a bit after finishing school, so a little positive reinforcement is nice. :D The dreadful 3-MeO-PCP report is indeed the only other one I have written, but apparently they're already improving so I guess I'll keep them coming. I think methallylescaline is next in line.

Yes, the wife and I are both quite sarcastic and thick-skinned so the verbal sparring is indeed well-intentioned and all in good fun. And Solipsis, you better not let me pet your cats -- they'll probably like me better than you. %) That comment actually made me realize an interesting little fact about the trip though. I have two cats: a boy and girl. Usually when I'm tripping, the girl cat hides from me and the boy cat follows me around, purring and meowing at me, licking and drooling all over me. On BK-2C-B, they seemed to switch roles. Coincidence? Hmm ...

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that today at work (3 days after the trip) I was stumbling over my words a bit more than usual. I'm sure we all have our days where we find ourselves getting tongue-tied, and there are a couple other variables at work (namely that it has been unusually hot where I live, I've been sleeping like shit, and tapering off an amphetamine habit) so I can't pin it definitively on the BK-2C-B, but I thought it was worth reporting.