• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bizarre Experiences Hearing Voices/ Psychosis While Snorting Heroin and Amphetamines?

stargarden1

Greenlighter
I started snorting heroin back in 2011 and I would mix it up occasionally with Adderall and/ or bumps of meth just to combat the sleepiness. I know meth can cause people to have delusions and/ or auditory hallucinations, but I never did more then just a bump or two here or there, and I rarely stayed up for more than one or two nights without sleep… About a year and a half into my drug use, I started hearing voices which I at first I thought were neighbors, or people around me talking, then I realized no one else could hear them. I knew I wasn’t crazy, I never heard anything that wasn’t there, I had no history of any mental disorders. I’ve always been a highly aware person with a very firm grip on reality, even when I’ve been very high on drugs. Anyone who knows me would say that I’m very intelligent, optimistic, down to earth, etc.

I knew the voices weren’t in my head because if I put my hands over my ears, the voices would become muffled and quieter. The voices began to mimic other people’s voices that I knew, for example- I would hear what would sound exactly like boyfriend talking to someone outside my window, then I would look outside and no one would be there. The voices over time became more and more intense and extremely negative, saying things about me and other people that were more horrible then anything I could ever even imagine. They would tell me things about me and other people, some of it true, most of it not, twisting bits of truth into the stories that would make them seem real and/ or believable.

The stories they would tell me were so elaborate and imaginative, there was no way my mind could make this stuff up. The way some of them would speak sometimes was with a much higher intelligence than what seemed human or even of this world. They would tell me things that were going to happen in the future that really DID end up happening. They told me that I was being recorded and monitored 24/7, and I started to believe it. They would also talk among themselves and sometimes they would speak in different languages I have never heard before. Sometimes along with the voices, I would hear intricate pieces of music, like from a movie I had never heard before, and/ or sound effects to go along with what they were saying to me.

I noticed that when I took drugs or was sleep deprived, the voices were stronger, but it also happened when I wasn’t on any substances and when I wasn’t sleep deprived. It got to the point where I was being constantly harassed, the voices would comment and criticize everything I was doing 24/7. The things they would say became more and more horrible. I don’t know how I lived with and dealt with what I did for so long.
The voices have mostly stopped as of last year, once I quit doing drugs and I also made some other changes in my life. I can still hear them sometimes, but they don’t bother me as long as I don’t focus on them.

I have posted some stories where I go further into detail about some of the experiences I have had here:

www.stargardenblog.wordpress.com/the-poisoning/

www.stargardenblog.wordpress.com/you-cant-make-this-stuff-up/

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Kinda sounds a bit like you've mixed the truth with fiction, just being honest. Like you've exaggerated. If not, you've lost your shit. Meths special like that.

You should get some help. By the way, thinking that you're not crazy and that the voices are real or whatever is ALSO a symptom.

How old are you, stargarden?
It sounds to me like you are describing the onset of schizophrenia - or at least some sort of psychosis.
It is common for people with schizophrenia to not show any symptoms until their early-mid 20s.

Have you spoken to a doctor about this? It might be a good idea?

Yes, you should definitely look for medical advice.
And if there is a problem they will get ways to make you feel better.

Stargarden,
I believe you either have schizophrenia or lasting hallucinations from drug abuse.
You need to seek help. Hallucinations tend to get 'darker' and more extreme. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Mental illness is far more common than you think.
I know it's scary, but you really need to get help ASAP . Without help you will get worse and it will be harder for you to differentiate between real and not real. Then you run the risk of self harm or harm to others.
You also don't deserve to be put through the agony of constantly hearing voices. That must be annoying at the best of times, and frightening at the worst.
You really need to seek help NOW because it's likely as your hallucinations take on a more paranoid tone, you will be less likely to be truthful for tell anyone about your experiences.
I wish you the very best. Please, take steps to get well!

Thanks for your replies and concern. It's really gotten a lot better since I quit drugs. I'm living a normal life. I was just trying to reach out to others who have had similar experiences.. Maybe I'm on the wrong website for this as you think my symptoms sound more Schizophrenic/ mental illness related and not just drug related?

I'm 34 btw...

It's difficult for anyone here to really know what the cause of your hallucinations are, which is why the best advice we can give is to seek medical attention.
Failing that, can you eliminate drugs from your life for long enough to see if it makes a difference?
Or have you tried to do that already?

Thanks for the advice. I haven't done any drugs at all in a year... I'm definitely doing a lot better ever since I quit.

I'm just really surprised that in the past when I did all types of hallucinogenics and dissociatives, (LSD, shrooms, mescaline, ketamine, etc.), I never heard any voices or had any type of psychosis. It started about a year and a half after I started snorting heroin on a daily basis, doing Adderall, and small amounts of meth... I never thought that would happen.. Maybe it was the combination of everything.. Interesting..

Hi Stargarden,

not sure if you're still out there. I read your blog post. What you wrote about mirrors my own experience with the voices. I think that in some of these cases...there's something more going on here than just the mind playing tricks. It started for me back in 2015, when I was into paranormal investigation...I was doing EVP recordings a lot for a two month period....was hearing voices on the recordings....enough to where I began communicating with them....long story short....after two months these same voices that I was communicating with on the recordings came out of the recordings and also at this point they became quite negative and dominating. It was hell for the first few months....I'm still dealing with it to a degree today, but the situation has improved from what it once was.

I also experience these strange physical sensations....not every day...but quite often....it's a few different things but mostly it's these weird sensations, feelings of being jabbed....and I've even felt hands on me several times.....it's so real....I'm not sick in anyway....I've go about my life...work, own a home..I feel fine......I've just experienced these strange things ever since I was into paranormal investigation three years ago.

I don't record anymore for obvious reasons, but I still have a few old recordings and the voices are still on them. Not only that, I've met quite a few others these past couple of years that went through this same kind of experience with these voices from EVP, using Spirit Boxes or some other form of spirit communication.

I've also seen some cases from drug use and even deep mediation that brought on voices that are identical to these cases involving spirit communication. While it gets complicated to sort it all out.....I do believe that in at least some of these cases...the voices are from the same source.....they act in the same ways.....they leave a very subtle trail to follow...but it's there

And I do believe that some of the voices that paranormal investigators pick up through recordings or spirit boxes are from the same source as these cases involving drug use or meditation, kundalini awakening, etc.....I think there's something "dimensional" about it and sometimes....some of us are tuning in to someplace else....or being from someplace else are tuning in to us.

may sound crazy to most.....but I think we're just dealing with something yet to be discovered (officially).

anyway, I know firsthand what it can be like to deal with...so I hope things are better these days.

Hi Stargarden,

not sure if you're still out there. I read your blog post. What you wrote about mirrors my own experience with the voices. I think that in some of these cases...there's something more going on here than just the mind playing tricks. It started for me back in 2015, when I was into paranormal investigation...I was doing EVP recordings a lot for a two month period....was hearing voices on the recordings....enough to where I began communicating with them....long story short....after two months these same voices that I was communicating with on the recordings came out of the recordings and also at this point they became quite negative and dominating. It was hell for the first few months....I'm still dealing with it to a degree today, but the situation has improved from what it once was.

I also experience these strange physical sensations....not every day...but quite often....it's a few different things but mostly it's these weird sensations, feelings of being jabbed....and I've even felt hands on me several times.....it's so real....I'm not sick in anyway....I've go about my life...work, own a home..I feel fine......I've just experienced these strange things ever since I was into paranormal investigation three years ago.

I don't record anymore for obvious reasons, but I still have a few old recordings and the voices are still on them. Not only that, I've met quite a few others these past couple of years that went through this same kind of experience with these voices from EVP, using Spirit Boxes or some other form of spirit communication.

I've also seen some cases from drug use and even deep mediation that brought on voices that are identical to these cases involving spirit communication. While it gets complicated to sort it all out.....I do believe that in at least some of these cases...the voices are from the same source.....they act in the same ways.....they leave a very subtle trail to follow...but it's there

And I do believe that some of the voices that paranormal investigators pick up through recordings or spirit boxes are from the same source as these cases involving drug use or meditation, kundalini awakening, etc.....I think there's something "dimensional" about it and sometimes....some of us are tuning in to someplace else....or being from someplace else are tuning in to us.

may sound crazy to most.....but I think we're just dealing with something yet to be discovered (officially).

anyway, I know firsthand what it can be like to deal with...so I hope things are better these days.
I never went deep like you did but on October Halloween of this year 2019 I had a scary realistic dream I heard what seem to be dark vaders voice calling my name. It was just a dream so it doesn't mean anything but after I had that dream I relapsed on meth , and there was a week I didn't get much sleep and started hearing someone call my name. It was scary. I now am having these realistic dreams that I am a soldier dressed in the early 1800's military uniform and I was running around a old library with a musket yelling Nepolean! Nepolean! . What's scary is after doing meth for the 10th time or so, I heard a voice yelling at me screaming "Nepolean! Nepolean!". Are dreams a time machine into the past?. Or am I connecting with a time portal that I cannot see ?. I've now studied the Napoleonic conquest of early 1800's. And I found out recently throught a Genetic Ancestry test from a saliva test to what race I am that I have a distant grate grandfather who lived in the 1800's on my moms side that was in the Napoleonic Italian infantry Regiment of the early 1800's and was apart of a library raid in Alexandria Egypt. After finding this out the voices stopped.

Based on what you wrote this could be schizophrenia, or mania, and the meth will make it worse. But it is impossible to diagnose someone via text on the internet.

Please see a doctor or mental health professional. Also be honest about your drug use and hearing voices. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

Hi Stargarden,

Did you ever experience ghosts? What is EVP? I do not fuck with spirit boards, seance, etc. A friend of mine who has experienced ghosts said how there are negative things out there that you do not want to invite into your life.

I have met South Asian or Desi people who when I asked them about Kundalini yoga they said how you must have a guide or you risk going mad or hurting yourself physically, and spiritually.

It sounds kind of like garden variety psychosis from where I'm standing. People often make the mistake of pigeon-holing the actions that can produce a psychotic episode or moderate -> severe hallucinations. It can come from a single large dose, multiple doses, time spent without sleep etc. That doesn't mean you can't have a psychotic episode from seemingly minute amounts of Methamphetamine. I know of someone in the recovery community here who was a Meth user who "out of nowhere" his usual usage patterns led him into a severe psychosis ending with physical and chemical restraint at the ER. He has since experienced transient episodes of psychosis despite being away from the drug for nearly 30 days. This kind of threw me when he first told me, but it's my point that this stuff can be less predictable than we think.

Did you ever experience ghosts? What is EVP? I do not fuck with spirit boards, seance, etc. A friend of mine who has experienced ghosts said how there are negative things out there that you do not want to invite into your life.

I have met South Asian or Desi people who when I asked them about Kundalini yoga they said how you must have a guide or you risk going mad or hurting yourself physically, and spiritually.
EVP is when you communicate with the dead through recordings with a microphone/audio recorder. It is very dangerous and can open the door to evil spirits.

I rarely stayed up for more than one or two nights without sleep…

My GF and myself witnessed something very odd that came became more and more prominent over time. After missing at least 2 good night's of sleep, under the influence of MDMA.

We would hear voices of people one was close with before or during the act of drug taking. And react on them thinking they where real. Or we would imagine the other one saying something and reply. Just out at times, the mind somehow manipulated conversation.

Sleep depriviation was one mayor factor.

My GF and myself witnessed something very odd that came became more and more prominent over time. After missing at least 2 good night's of sleep, under the influence of MDMA.

We would hear voices of people one was close with before or during the act of drug taking. And react on them thinking they where real. Or we would imagine the other one saying something and reply. Just out at times, the mind somehow manipulated conversation.

Sleep depriviation was one mayor factor.
True I heard a male voice saying my name after 3 days of no sleep. It scared the daylight out of me. But in a weird fucked up way it was interesting and I kind of want to experience that again.

It sounds kind of like garden variety psychosis from where I'm standing. People often make the mistake of pigeon-holing the actions that can produce a psychotic episode or moderate -> severe hallucinations. It can come from a single large dose, multiple doses, time spent without sleep etc. That doesn't mean you can't have a psychotic episode from seemingly minute amounts of Methamphetamine. I know of someone in the recovery community here who was a Meth user who "out of nowhere" his usual usage patterns led him into a severe psychosis ending with physical and chemical restraint at the ER. He has since experienced transient episodes of psychosis despite being away from the drug for nearly 30 days. This kind of threw me when he first told me, but it's my point that this stuff can be less predictable than we think.
Ya the voices are extreme. It allowed me to feel what it's like to be schizophrenic for a day.

I’m in inpatient right now for a number of things, one of which is psychosis. I hear people slandering my name all the time. Snorting Meth this year add in other substances over the years and here I am trying to understand the true nature of my symptoms. The psychiatrists are prescribing me things that should help but this time some symptoms have developed a resistance....God damn.

I’m in inpatient right now for a number of things, one of which is psychosis. I hear people slandering my name all the time. Snorting Meth this year add in other substances over the years and here I am trying to understand the true nature of my symptoms. The psychiatrists are prescribing me things that should help but this time some symptoms have developed a resistance....God damn.
Iback.Im a patient too in the mental health system because I plead insanity at court because I didn't want to go to jail. They randomly diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. I only heard voices 2 times in my life and seen things one time when on meth. When I'm sober I don't hear voices or see things so I don't know why they diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. Also in 2015 I was diagnosed with being psychotic because my sister told the doctor that I was smoking DMT. I only smoked DMT 6 times.
They are giving me a injection shot in my arm once every 3 months I forget what it's called but it's blue.
Does that effect my dopamine?.
Because I can only get high from snorting meth , smoking it doesn't get me high for some reason :( .
I think you should try resperdal. When I had ,a bad trip on weed mixed with meth I had start seeing things on the corner of my eye and my friend gave me one risperdal pill and it immediatly stopped all forms of hullicinations. It was a 2 mg pill.

Atimes.

Also do you feel like sometimes you are being used as a test dummy for new medication that hit the market?. I sometimes feel like I'm a test dummy for these new injection shots. It's starting to piss me off .