View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bit of advice please

tjpsaint

Greenlighter
Hi there i put a search into google and this forum came up i knew of bluelight but now joined. I am planning to detox off methadone from 13th to 23rd of december ( i cannot wait to be free chomping at the bit for it). Now i have enough kratom to dose high for 5 days followed by a rapid 5 day taper, after that is am planning a kambo ceremony followed by a 5 days of ceremonies after going something like san pedro, mushrooms ,ayahuasca, mushrooms ,san pedro . Please note i have spent time with a shaman in peru ( i lived in latin america for 2.5/3 years the only clean time i have had in 13 years.) I am 30 years old and have been on the gear for 10 years but am very experienced with all the named plant medicines about and have used them all many many times except aya which i have done just the once. Is that enough time after detox to prevent it fucking with the ayahuasca? i have used all the others whilst having methadone and/or heroin in my system without any adverse reactions however have been told it will interfere with the ayahuasca ( there seems precious little info i can find). I would like to add i have done many many clucks in the past tho am a bit old to do it raw now hence the kratom but i know what is coming and i know how to deal with it its nothing i have not done before and i am mentally prepared for it this time not thrown in a cell or locked in a room unannounced and left to suffer. I really think the psychedelics could help, i wanted ibogaine treatment but just don't have the money for it and the uk is not interested in offering it to help people. I know from personal experience that after 5 days you are out the woods it might be a while longer before your sleeping/eating properly but its upwards after that. Can anyone offer any advice that might make this easier ? i have some quinine for the cramps as well. Again its not the withdrawals i am bothered about been playing this game a long time, its weather or not my methadone is gonna screw the ayahuasca and is 8 days long enough to have it all out my system ( usually takes 4 to 5 for me to piss clear on urinalysis ) any help advice info or support would be amazing. Much love and respect many thanks .

Welcome to Bluelight. Wish you the very best on your plans to be free of the opiates. Not sure why methadone would mess with ayahausca, and I doubt it would matter after 8 days, even with M-done's long ass half-life, but it is smart to err on the side of caution since apparently people have warned against it. Hopefully another member can be of more help with some experience in this.

From another thread

Some opiods like morphine and oxycodone haven't been linked with MAOI induced serotonin toxicity but methadone certainly has.

"The phenylpiperidine series opioids, pethidine (meperidine), tramadol, methadone and dextromethorphan and propoxyphene, appear to be weak serotonin re-uptake inhibitors and have all been involved in serotonin toxicity reactions with MAOIs (including some fatalities)"

Full link: http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/4/434.full

Considering that the half-life of methadone for a long-time user can be as high as 48 hours I wouldn't feel well advising you to do this, even after 10 days, given there can be potential unknown metabolic differences between you and the average person.
Just a quick, rough half life calculation using the 48 hour half life gives you a little over 3% methadone after 10 days. After 14 that would be down to 0.78%.