L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Bipolar problem

musman69

Greenlighter
How do I deal with my girlfriend who has one of the worst bipolar disorders I've ever seen. She says she is in rapid cycles with it. Meaning she experiences it every night and just starts feeling so depressed that nothing I do helps. It only makes it worse. I have been struggling with this for years and I'm at a breaking point. We have had an ongoing fight for 3 days now. The reason is because my phone was on silent and i was asleep. I didn't pick up when she was feeling depressed. She has tried meds and that doesn't help. Probably around 20 therapist and that doesn't help. Am I just supposed to be stuck with this for the rest of my life knowing that at any night she could go off on me for no reason. She wonders why I get mad. It's because she gets mad first so I get defensive.

Any advice is appreciative.

Get her on her medication, try to encourage her to avoid booze or any drugs that cause a mad comedown. Speaking as someone with the rapid cycle type 2 bipolar, who has been awake all night on meth :sus:

how rapid is this cycling? is there some sort of mega mood swing borderline personality thing going on?

It's calmed a lot the last 2 months since I've been on seroquel and cut off most of the negative influences in my life. Before that it could be every few days to every couple of weeks, there will be triggers for most people. Seroquel helps but it has a lot of downsides and in the long term it's no solution. Routine is the best solution exercise and clean diet, for me anyway. Certain drugs or drinks are no go too, most people with bipolar I've come across don't seem to do well with alcohol.

She doesn't really drink. Maybe once every 2 months.

She has tried medicine in the past. She did for almost 2 years. She lost 20 pounds at one point and was like a zombie. She only weighs 100 so 20 pounds is way too much.

Routine, meditation, exercise and a healthy diet with a stable atmosphere are her best bet then man :)