• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bipolar disorder and weed

Crissco

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, havent been here for years but glad to be back...Backstory:

I smoked weed from when I was 14 - 22 years old. I am 35 now. I have smoked on occasion but after 22 I started to get paranoid and anxiety when i smoke weed. Also at 22 I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Since then I have been relying heavy on beer. Which I am looking to stop completely. I would like to get back to smoking weed since I know overall it is healthier on the body. When i used to smoke in high school, we used to get "regs" trash brick weed with low THC content. I cant smoke high THC content anymore. When i smoked 50% THC 50% CBD i did pretty good eventhough it took me a while to get high off of Harleyquinn. Is there anything else out there I can pick up at the dispencery that wont make me paranoid or anxious? I know alot has to do with my myself since most of my life weed was illegal in my state (New York) and I always felt like people were out to get me which I know logically they are not. Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks,
Crissco

I have bi polar disorder and always have gotten paranoid after smoking weed..I think it happens more to those who are bi polar.

in my state most dispensaries don't really sell below 15%thca and that's not even on the menu often. it's more common to see stuff over 20% unless on the rare occassion there is some shake sales that might have 12%thca on average.

i might recommend growing your own though if you have the opportunity. it seems like the thing to do if you want low thc. i even had a 400watt high pressure sodium lamp, i thought it was going to be pretty good for me, but no matter what strain i grew there couldn't've been more than 5% thca in the buds. i grew some nice looking buds too. you couldn't really tell the difference in looks compared to higher thc bud, but you could definitely feel that there is less thc. there's all sorts of set ups you can get for lower powered lights. most dispensaries must use thousands of watt bulbs for their plants. i'm pretty sure that's how the thc gets so high partially. i don't think dispensaries really bother to grow very low thc strains with the exception of the 50%thc50%cbd which i barely see on menus in my state.

Smoke Harleyquinn mixed with a higher THC strain.

Really though, the answer is so often to just smoke less.
There are many, many people who have told me that they don't like pot due to getting paranoid, etc..
I have told them to just take one hit. A small one.
In many or most cases they say that works quite well.
In many cases that person has ended up enjoying one hit every day, found it to be something they liked a lot.

There are also many folks who have discovered that on their own. Fire one up and they say, "Just one hit, please."

Important to remember that pot takes a minute to fully hit. You feel high right away, but that builds for 15-20 minutes. Put that pipe away and come back later if you have to.

IME, legal CBD from a CBD store works well to mix with a predominately THC strain if you can't find a high CBD strain. Definitely, YMMV.

Smoke Harleyquinn mixed with a higher THC strain.

Really though, the answer is so often to just smoke less.
There are many, many people who have told me that they don't like pot due to getting paranoid, etc..
I have told them to just take one hit. A small one.
In many or most cases they say that works quite well.
In many cases that person has ended up enjoying one hit every day, found it to be something they liked a lot.

There are also many folks who have discovered that on their own. Fire one up and they say, "Just one hit, please."

Important to remember that pot takes a minute to fully hit. You feel high right away, but that builds for 15-20 minutes. Put that pipe away and come back later if you have to.

IME, legal CBD from a CBD store works well to mix with a predominately THC strain if you can't find a high CBD strain. Definitely, YMMV.

Its hard for me to take just one hit, i enjoy the act of smoking. When i used to smoke during my teenage years i used to smoke joints, blunts, like it was nothing at all. Probally because it was regs and you can smoke that forever. But yeah you're right, one hit would probally do it for me now a days since i havent smoked in quite some time. Then just enjoy the moment.

Its hard for me to take just one hit, i enjoy the act of smoking. When i used to smoke during my teenage years i used to smoke joints, blunts, like it was nothing at all. Probally because it was regs and you can smoke that forever. But yeah you're right, one hit would probally do it for me now a days since i havent smoked in quite some time. Then just enjoy the moment.
Me too. 'Course, my problem is falling asleep when I do too much.

Thats why i drink, to fall asleep, being bipolar i have issues sleeping
Another "cure" for the pot paranoids is to only smoke around people you know pretty well (and who know you). I took a decades long break and I can't just go out and toke all day with everyone anymore. I'll get nervous if I'm around a bunch of people I don't know well, especially if I have to drive home, especially if I have to drive home carrying.

Another "cure" for the pot paranoids is to only smoke around people you know pretty well (and who know you). I took a decades long break and I can't just go out and toke all day with everyone anymore. I'll get nervous if I'm around a bunch of people I don't know well, especially if I have to drive home, especially if I have to drive home carrying.

Actually i want to smoke alone to sleep, i want to switch over to weed from beer, i drank way to much beer and my liver values are high from it, it worries me

When i was in the psych ward i was friends with a guy who had really bad bipolar. He was not getting the proper medication he needed for it in there either. But weed seemed to help chill him out alot. Id say a indica would be goo for if you tend to get manic episodes.