• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Bioavailability of smoked(vaporized) Fentanyl/Analogues

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Ever since Ive started doing fentanyl Ive only ever smoked it, and in my area I've only ever met people who IV or smoke it. My question is does anyone know the bioavailability of smoked fentanyl as I can't find that information ANYWHERE. Or at least does anyone how wasteful it is compared to snorting? The fentanyl I get here in Ontario is a powder/hard rocks that instantly melts into a puddle and completley vaporizes within 2-3 seconds. I've never had to "chase" like people do with heroin as you only use a very small amount (50mg is a very decent toke) and its gone so fast I dont think you could even chase it.

Vaporized would be higher than intranasal but perhaps similar overall if you take into account product losses due to heat degradation and the shorter duration of vaporized fentanyl.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but I can't imagine the tolerance when you start wondering about a few decimal difference of bioavailability between different routes of Fentanyl administration. I had a very serious IV H addiction for many years and still, this Fentanyl shit sounds scary. Tried it a few times when it was very hard to get and it seemed quite risky even if I was shooting coke with H non-stop.
I would have been definitely dead if I still had my prior addiction.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but I can't imagine the tolerance when you start wondering about a few decimal difference of bioavailability between different routes of Fentanyl administration. I had a very serious IV H addiction for many years and still, this Fentanyl shit sounds scary. Tried it a few times when it was very hard to get and it seemed quite risky even if I was shooting coke with H non-stop.
Yeah i do have a pretty high tolerance, but i was more concerned about a large difference in bioavailability like if smoked was like 30% and intranasal is like 90%. Also i know fentanyl is thought of as this super cheap drug but here its not, its actually cut just enough to make it about the same potency as heroin while the price stay the same.

I found this if you are interested. It could give some idea.

"Fentanyl sublingual tablets are 54% bioavailable15, transmucosal lozenges are 50% bioavailable16, buccal tablets are 65% bioavailable17, sublingual spray is 76% bioavailable18, and nasal spray is 20% more bioavailable than transmucosal20 (or approximately 64% bioavailable).

Fentanyl transmucosal lozenges reach a Cmax of 0.4±0.1ng/mL for a 200µg dose and 2.5±0.6ng/mL for a 1600µg dose with a Tmax of 20-40 minutes.11 The AUC was 172±96ng*min/mL for a 200µg dose and 1508±1360ng*min/mL for a 1600µg dose.11

Fentanyl sublingual spray reached a Cmax of 0.20±0.06ng/mL for a 100µg dose and 1.61±0.60ng/mL for an 800µg dose with a Tmax of 0.69-1.25 hours, decreasing as the dose increased.12 The AUC was 1.25±0.67ng*h/mL for a 100µg dose and 10.38±3.70ng*h/mL for a 800µg dose.12

Fentanyl transdermal systems reached a Cmax of 0.24±0.20ng/mL with a Tmax of 3.6±1.3h for a 25µg/h dose.13 The AUC was 0.42±0.35ng/mL*h.13

Fentanyl nasal spray reaches a Cmax of 815±301pg/mL with a Tmax of less than 1 hour for a 200µg/100µL dose.14 The AUC was 3772pg*h/mL.14"

Source: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00813

I found this if you are interested. It could give some idea.

"Fentanyl sublingual tablets are 54% bioavailable15, transmucosal lozenges are 50% bioavailable16, buccal tablets are 65% bioavailable17, sublingual spray is 76% bioavailable18, and nasal spray is 20% more bioavailable than transmucosal20 (or approximately 64% bioavailable).

Fentanyl transmucosal lozenges reach a Cmax of 0.4±0.1ng/mL for a 200µg dose and 2.5±0.6ng/mL for a 1600µg dose with a Tmax of 20-40 minutes.11 The AUC was 172±96ng*min/mL for a 200µg dose and 1508±1360ng*min/mL for a 1600µg dose.11

Fentanyl sublingual spray reached a Cmax of 0.20±0.06ng/mL for a 100µg dose and 1.61±0.60ng/mL for an 800µg dose with a Tmax of 0.69-1.25 hours, decreasing as the dose increased.12 The AUC was 1.25±0.67ng*h/mL for a 100µg dose and 10.38±3.70ng*h/mL for a 800µg dose.12

Fentanyl transdermal systems reached a Cmax of 0.24±0.20ng/mL with a Tmax of 3.6±1.3h for a 25µg/h dose.13 The AUC was 0.42±0.35ng/mL*h.13

Fentanyl nasal spray reaches a Cmax of 815±301pg/mL with a Tmax of less than 1 hour for a 200µg/100µL dose.14 The AUC was 3772pg*h/mL.14"

Source: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00813
Yeah I've found the bioavailability of every other ROA then vaped, It seems its just not out there. Have you smoked it before? How would you compare smoked fent to snorted fent?

Very long time ago (around 2003) so I can't really give healthy estimates.

Just going off personal experience here (been snorting and smoking fentanyl for half a year). I would say the BA of vaped is significantly higher as it seems to be more potent in smaller doses than if i were to snort it. however the high doesnt last as long and so i seem to go through more faster despite using less per hit. since the BA of insufflation is already 89% i cant imagine how much higher it is when vaped, as i doubt it approaches 99% as it would be when intravenous.

It's becoming more recreationally popular to do fent these days, because the US literally has WAY too much fentanyl going around as it is.

I am personally mortified by the thought of trying fent. Be safe everyone!