• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Bio availability on buprenorphine ???

CWLO91

Bluelighter
Is the bioavailability better if you snort buphenorphine? I have white 8mg buphenorphine pills (logo is b8 ) I'm just wondering if it's worth it to snort my buprenorphine???? Is it worth it to snort it rather than just put under tongue??

Hey Buddy! I have no problem answering this for you, but in the future, I would encourage you to strike out and do a little bit of research yourself. I only say this because this is a pretty basic question you're asking that can be easily answered with a quick Google search. You can be less dependent upon others and get the information you desire much faster! Just food for thought.

So the sublingual bioavailability of Buprenorphine is usually quoted at around 30% while the intranasal bioavailability is around 50%, so you're looking at essentially doubling the potency by taking the same dosage. Rectal administration has been quoted as high as 60% and I often recommend this route to folks who are considering injecting their Buprenorphine, but that doesn't really apply to you here.

Just be aware that if you become tolerant to this new route of administration it will be difficult to return to sublingual dosing. I'm not lecturing you. I just want you to think about that.

Pohang
Hey Buddy! I have no problem answering this for you, but in the future, I would encourage you to strike out and do a little bit of research yourself. I only say this because this is a pretty basic question you're asking that can be easily answered with a quick Google search. You can be less dependent upon others and get the information you desire much faster! Just food for thought.

So the sublingual bioavailability of Buprenorphine is usually quoted at around 30% while the intranasal bioavailability is around 50%, so you're looking at essentially doubling the potency by taking the same dosage. Rectal administration has been quoted as high as 60% and I often recommend this route to folks who are considering injecting their Buprenorphine, but that doesn't really apply to you here.

Just be aware that if you become tolerant to this new route of administration it will be difficult to return to sublingual dosing. I'm not lecturing you. I just want you to think about that.
Thanks for answering and the info . I will start checking Google for any info im wanting to check ouf from now on . I appreciate the reply .

Is the bioavailability better if you snort buphenorphine? I have white 8mg buphenorphine pills (logo is b8 ) I'm just wondering if it's worth it to snort my buprenorphine???? Is it worth it to snort it rather than just put under tongue??

I recently read that Buccal (Cheeking it) has the highest Bioavailability...