• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Billionare builds semi-secret underground party lair, underneath his house

Wow, the "article" that started this thread sounded more like a completely unsupported gossip-fest than anything approaching journalism. Now, it's cool for someone to post unsupported gossip (what'd the internet be without baseless rumors?), but the way the rumors are packaged up into a halfhearted attempt to make them appear like an "article" is sort of sad.

It would be unfortunate if the whole thing was more about a couple of fired employees deciding to slag some rich guy as part of an attempt to squeeze some free money out of him with a good 'ole fashioned American nuisance lawsuit than it was an insider's view of a wild underground partyzone.

Since I'm not interested in taking the time to disentangle fact from fiction myself, I'll go ahead and assume the guy's a decent fellow and the lawsuits are just a routine business matter. Otherwise, I'd be jumping to nasty conclusions without factual basis, and in doing so I'd be making the world a snarkier place.

It's interesting how folks think money can buy freedom from prosecution. Not in this country - if it could, lots of big drug guys would be on the street enjoying their vast wealth, not rotting in prison. What can by special favors in Amerika is good connections to the ruling junta. Interesting how Limbaugh got off with a slap on the wrist for prescription drug fraud. . in Florida! How'd that work, again?

Peace,

Fausty

^^^ I don't think we are saying that, like you said when you are rich, you have good connections with the feds/politicians (if you are smart).

Look at Bill Gates, the man hates politicians and refused to give any major political contributions to any candidates, what did it cost him ?

A HUGE Anti-Trust lawsuit against his company, which probably would have never seen the light of day if he paid "his dues" as other major corporations do.

Also if you are Rich, you can afford very good lawyers, hence lighter sentences (OJ anyone ?) ;)

bingalpaws said:
That's so far from true it's not even funny, garuda. I'm renovating my house right now, and I've gotta tell you, there is building codes on damn near everything!

I was of that mindset before too - whatever I want to build on my property is my business. I was pretty pissed when I found out that I've gotta comply with a ridiculous amount of specifications for many projects, and I'm sure that something like 1' steel doors around an entire room may be a violation. How would people get out in a fire if the doors jammed? Windows? If there's windows, there's not much purpose of having 1' steel walls.

It sucks, but unless you break the building codes, you're actually quite restricted in how / what you can do to a property.

Well inspectors only get involved if you are buying insurance or selling the place, so build in a rural area which has lax building codes and don't sell the place.

Shit go hire some swarthy dudes hanging out in the home depot parking lot, they'll build whatever you want without giving a shit.

This is a billionaire, he could afford to bring the place up to code to sell it.

Fausty said:
It's interesting how folks think money can buy freedom from prosecution. Not in this country - if it could, lots of big drug guys would be on the street enjoying their vast wealth, not rotting in prison. What can by special favors in Amerika is good connections to the ruling junta. Interesting how Limbaugh got off with a slap on the wrist for prescription drug fraud. . in Florida! How'd that work, again?

Peace,

Fausty
You say money can't buy freedom from prosecution, but connections can. You'd be surprised how highly correlated large sums of money are with 'connections'.

garuda said:
Well inspectors only get involved if you are buying insurance or selling the place, so build in a rural area which has lax building codes and don't sell the place.

Shit go hire some swarthy dudes hanging out in the home depot parking lot, they'll build whatever you want without giving a shit.

This is a billionaire, he could afford to bring the place up to code to sell it.
Not necessarily true either - many times inspectors who bag people for any unpermitted projects that are visible from outside only came because a neighbor (with a grudge) complained. It should also be noted there's a difference between a home inspector (the kind you'd have help check out a property before purchasing it) and someone from the code department.

I think money doesn't exactly make you happy, but you would'nt be bored, really. you'd be occupied all the time if you were a billionaire, and buying insanely expensive shit is probably a huge endorphin rush just like most drugs. just think if you were a junkie billionaire though. dead in no time! most junkies only live cause they don't have enough scrilla

The rush of buying expensive stuff would get old quick, that's pretty well evidenced by these guys building underground party lairs, and the recent surge in production of custom submarines.

bongzilla420 said:
I think money doesn't exactly make you happy, but you would'nt be bored, really. you'd be occupied all the time if you were a billionaire, and buying insanely expensive shit is probably a huge endorphin rush just like most drugs. just think if you were a junkie billionaire though. dead in no time! most junkies only live cause they don't have enough scrilla

i'm alive because i couldn't get strong enough dope!