• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

lol nope. and he was in there for far too long, w/o being able to see it from the door. His fault, but still stings!
/I'll leave my bike unlocked as well, but always put it upside-down, where i can see it from the register of whererever i am, so that it's all but impossible for someone to be able to get away w/ it - if i'm going to be in a store for minutes, or where i cannot see my bike while @the register, I lock it.

BZgKuwM.jpg

Nice fixie, what is it?

This is mine atm (although it's currently running on a freewheel):

14889849762_94e7077fd5_z.jpg

I'm testing riding an Orange 160AM 27.5" tomorrow, it's an expensive bike and I could get better value elsewhere but it's beautiful I'm very tempted:

0048573_orange_alpine_160_am_650b_mountain_bike_2015.jpeg

catinhat- it's an SE draft. And your bike's tight as hell, love it!

ebola?- those pics are beautiful!!!

My dodgy shoulder popped and dislocated on the test ride today (not supposed to be stressing it 8() and I fell off and did this to my knee.=D

14936403662_10d0c6bd4a_z.jpg

Lol, if you are falling apart to such an extent maybe you need even more suspension ;) Jk, that Orange is pretty sweet looking. I just question the value of both 27.5 and 29. I don't think either is tons better than a good 26. That being said, if you can afford it go for it. The 160AM looks pretty much finished, and only needs some slight modification.

i have been riding my stationary bike at 27km/hr for about an hour, not seeing much results though -_-

i may not getting what you mean, but are you referring to a single, 1hr session? because you shouldn't expect results from 1 session, if anything the first few sessions of any sport/exercise are just gonna make you sore as your body gets adapted. Gains happen after continuous sessions.

I love me some cycling as it was a big part of boxing training as a younger fellow; well it was really triathlons but, I also raced semi-pro BMX for 3 years. So ive an affinity to all bikes and cycling. I try to keep to a schedule of between 125-175km/7 days. Its helping keep my knee as strong as can be before i have the right knee joint replaced later this year.

There's plenty of offroad trails in my area which i bust out on my BMX, not currently owning an MTB.

Do any of you folk own or ever use those stationary exercise bikes? Thoughts, experiences, etc.

Im considering a purchase for the simple fact im after a stationary, low impact workout. Which so far consists of swimming, push/situps, pulkups, calf raises, squats, these kinda things and low weight high rep weight exercises.

So naturally im looking for anything, low impact, which is going to further keep the damage to a minimum in the time leading up to the knee replacement.

bob jayne thats cool you raced BMX back in the day i regret not getting involved in that. my brother rides street and rides with justin inman and eddie cleveland from F-it.

ive been riding bikes since i can remember. i got into road cycling a few years ago and i wont go back to any other bike. i own a carbon fiber trek madone 4.5 with carbon SRAM shifters, selle italia saddle, titanium speedplay peddles, and currently ive just been training alot so the wheels i have on right now are just some cheap forte titans. the bike weighs 17lbs which is alright but could be better.

as far as riding goes i dont like spinning on the rollers as much as i prefer a long 50-60mi ride through the beautiful hilly countrysides of oregon=D

BIKES WHOO! %)

bob- instead of a stationary bike, why not get one of those rigs where you can just suspend the rear wheel of the bike you ride? Riding indoors has never appealed to me, but if i were to do so it'd definitely be on one of my own bikes w/ the rear wheel stationary setup

thdocta- those fortes on that trek are a faux pas in any sense!

I recently got a set of bike lights (front and rear). Previously I just rocked a headlamp for riding, but investing in good lights has made midnight rides much more enjoyable.

Perhaps one day you find the joys of night mountain biking. You need some strong lights with back up batteries and light, and a headlamp for directional lighting.

Bmxxx - only reason I want a stationary is to be able start and stop when I can during an acute pain attack, at home and not the highway. I'm also on heavy opioids which catch up on me and I'll need a nanna nap here and there throughout days.

I've thought of your suggestion.

i'm confused how those factors would matter? do you not keep your bike at home?

What is everyone doing with their bikes in their area at this time of year?
I mean with the weather changing and the climate shifting.
I would love to see pics of geo-/eco bikes. ( Someone incorporating philosophy of design and the after pics )

Do you have health/drug complications you didn't know about.....Last year there was distinctly a Canadian group of riders that recorded in S.O. their trip on bicycles.

I originally logged in to learn how a person might prep their bike for storage in the off season.

Last edited: