• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Biggest lie you ever told yourself to justify abuse?

"id be like I'm not normal with out my k pins,"
"you can totaly take benzos n booze"
I would get 90 1mg a month never take them as directed more abnormal than normal...

Eh, I don’t really lie to myself which means my runs tend to go downhill quick due to depression and guilt, if solely dependent on making excuses. Idk why, I’m just unable to..... now; I will say that I am good at avoidance and dissociation so that tends to be my method

PSA; these are potentially harmful methods to continue drug use, so pls do not practice either, unless you know your brain and how it processes guilt and shame, etc

“I’ll quit tomorrow” is probably my favorite thing I used to tell myself.

Now, I’d say if there was one, it would probably be “I need to get some rest & recover”

I recently picked back up after a little shy of 2 years narcotic free, 14 months of which was spent abstinent, the last 9-10 months have been spent drinking & smoking bud, w/ the past 5-6 weeks, me having been back to using (IV) heroin & meth. I’ve been using basically daily, but there seems to be something different about this time. Consumption is down a ton & I’m actually practicing moderation, when I’ve never been able to before.

I'll stop when I have no more

I'll use the rest then jump onto medication x

People never invite me out and don't like me, so I do this to compensate

I'm not addicted

I'll stop using when I move

It's so much fun

I'm prescribed it

I'll quit abusing it after finals

I need it

A kratom WD is like a coffee WD + a nicotine WD in strength. Compared to benzos, it's nothing. In fact, if you're taking relatively low doses every day, your WD could be almost nothing. I'm speaking from experience. Kratom is a WONDERFUL drug, especially for people that are trying to stay away from the harder stuff. It can be kinda confusing to figure out how to use it effectively when you first start though, so definitely find some kratom threads and read up.

i take 70+ grams of kratom a day. the WD are the same as when i was hooked on a bundle of dope or 100mg oxy daily.

one of the biggest lies i ever told myself was kratom wd isn't that bad.

*Every week when my husband fills my jar (7- 40 mg OP) , I tell myself I’m gonna do good this time and make them last .
*If I take extra one day I tell myself I’ll just take less tomorrow so I won’t run out at the end of the week ...
Yup always run out and have to disappoint myself and him by asking him for another pill or piece to get by. We both are hooked on them and can’t afford more than what we get weekly at this point .
When I’m withdrawing and feel like shit I tell myself “remember this terrible feeling when you want to do more one day , these restless legs are not worth it. “

There's an easy fix for your predicament, move from weekly to daily and even though you may suffer a little each day, at least there'd be no major BANG, oh shit I'm out. My wife used to dole out my meds every evening but she got fed up with it (that fact did not make me very happy) and stopped. Now it's all on me and at times things can get a little hairy.

Is there any reason why you couldn't do the daily thing?

If I could count the number of times my son said this to me.....and then there was no tomorrow.
I feel with you....Even though I have gone through the same thing, it's hard for me to tell someone else that I know what you're going through. In a way I do, but each person's suffering in loss is different.

I used to tell myself this lie:
I Deserve This Drink! My Life is Tough!

If you had my life you would drink and use as well!!!
Many people go through tough times and do not fall into the disease of addiction . But addicts can be grabbed around the throat by it from the smallest thing !!

Second , I work really hard and deserve it, I can afford it, and the biggest...Not hurting anyone but myself

As long as it isnt an opiate and im not dependent. I can consume the entire spectrum and back again without any repercussions because its all about picking lesser evils

I lied to myself constantly during the worst periods of drug use. Some were-
I’m not that bad if I’m only smoking and not slamming (eventually starts iv-ing afterwards)
I’m not as bad as other junkies because I haven’t been arrested for it (steals and robs stores and people to get fix)
Everything will be ok and will work out, I need to do this in order to get drugs/money (prostitutes and gets raped but still continued to do it)
Etc etc