• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Big questions about iv heroin use

PuppySyrup

Bluelighter
So i recently hit the syringe route of BTH and i swear to the lord i cannot get as high as smoking it. i smoked and was nodding the previous night from smoking it but not even a remote nod from same dose iv can someone explain this?? I shot a total of 5 times and same results everytime am i doing something wrong i even had a friend whos been shooting for years hit me and was blown away when i took a larger dose than him and was absolutely fine. Anyone care to explain or try to explain this??

Black tar heroin is crudely acetylated heroin freebase and requires conversion into heroin salt (easiest is citrate) to be suitable for IV injection. Otherwise it is much more bioavailable when smoked just as you described.

Black tar heroin is crudely acetylated heroin freebase and requires conversion into heroin salt (easiest is citrate) to be suitable for IV injection. Otherwise it is much more bioavailable when smoked just as you described.

BTH is not freebase....

Would you please kindly elaborate on the correct contents of BTH rather than making unsupportive comments in the contrary?
Best,
Tez

The heroin in BTH is in the form of a water soluble salt, almost always the hydrochloride. It isn't freebase, like the brown number 3 heroin found in Europe, despite being a rather crude refinement. It will dissolve fine just with water, however may require a bit of heat to help it along.

Think of BTH as crude no 4. It's made by the acetylation of opium directly, without the morphine in the opium being precipitated out then acetylated, as is usually done in Afghanistan for no.3 and Colombia for no.4. It thus contains a mixture of alkaloids and because acetic anhydride isn't used, the morphine is only partially acetylated and ends up as a mix of diacetylmorphine and monoacetylmorphine, along with acetylcodeine and other alkaloids. It also contains fats, waxes and plant material which gives it the appearance of tar

Be a bit more careful with what you post man, make sure it's completely correct. If you aren't sure or don't know, don't post it

As to the OPs question, that is extremely strange. Are you sure you hit the vein? Have you tried smoking a bit to make sure your current batch is OK? Are you dissolving it completely? Are you losing any when you filter?

Last edited:
The heroin in BTH is in the form of a water soluble salt, almost always the hydrochloride. It isn't freebase, like the brown number 3 heroin found in Europe, despite being a rather crude refinement. It will dissolve fine just with water, however may require a bit of heat to help it along.

Think of BTH as crude no 4

Sir if you find black tar heroin dissolves in water "just fine" by heating then I have to ask where you're getting your product from.
In my experience BTH has always been either crude rashasha(crushed opium dough) or weakly refined #3, which is heroin freebase.
Regards,
Tez

In Eurasia I believe the situation is to the contrary and more in tune with my description.
That resolves the issue?
Thank you,
Tezcat

Well, in layman's terms.... did your buddy shoot the same stuff you did? The BTH your pulling up probably is mostly left in your spoon because it doesn't break down as well as your standard powder H. I've never even heard of BTH where I'm from so I'm not the one to ask. But that's what it sounds like. Cheers!

So i shot the same batch and my homie was nodding and i was fine. I forsure hit the vein when i pulled the plunger it drew blood. Im letting it fully disolve in water and preparing it correctly. And can you elaborate on what you mean losing any when i filter. Like not getting it all out of the cotton or like cooking to much and losing some?

In Eurasia I believe the situation is to the contrary and more in tune with my description.
That resolves the issue?
Thank you,
Tezcat

Black tar heroin is a product almost exclusively from Mexico and only really found on the west coast of the USA. The heroin in Eurasia comes from Afghanistan, which is pretty much brown powder #3 freebase heroin exclusively. BTH is rarely seen outside of the USA, adding citric acid to BTH wouldn't help it dissolve in any way and would just cause severe damage to the veins, as the acid wouldn't have reacted with anything leaving the soplution with a very low pH

"Crushed opium dough" isn't heroin though is it? It's crushed opium, not black tar heroin. I'm not sure what "weakly refined" #3 means, do you mean low purity? Either way not what 99.9% of people know black tar heroin to be

What are you using to filter OP? By losing some to the filter I mean not sucking all the solution back up again. It's very unlikely to be the cause of your issue though, very strange. Has this happened repeatedly? Have to tried smoking a bit to see if you get high?

Tez... you're really beginning to chap my ass with this stuff. Black Tar Heroin is not a freebase. I understand that these might seem like fairly innocuous details man, but that's no reason to play fast and loose with Truth. I'm not gonna be able to keep allowing this sort of thing. One of the first things I ever said to you: "there is nothing wrong with not knowing, but there is definitely wrong with not knowing and acting like you do". Human beings are quite sheepish. Simply seeing something in the form of text... on the internet... is as much of a reference as is required by your average American.

If you are not sure, research. If you are unsure of the Turkish translation, we can work that out together, but we can't keep doing this.

To address the original poster, it's going to be nearly impossible to tell you. Using all that I know about the licit and illicit physiology of exogenous Opioids and Heroin specifically, there's no readily apparent hypothetical situation that would imply this kind of result. Vice-versa, it would make more sense, as technique is ultimately a factor in the BA of vaporization.

What's up guys just giving y 2 cents to get up to 50 posts but yeah im pretty sure BTH is not freebase too its basically just an uglier #4 category which means it readily IV'able just a pain in the ass to do so from what ive been told back in the day SWIM always consistantly ot the lightest brown powder (almost like china white with slight brown tint to it) but sadly all SWIMs old contacts or MIA or incarcerated so SWIM resorted to having a friend hit up a trusted Dnet vendor and SWIM is expecting a G of BTH very soon and i really hope your (OP) experience doesnt turn out to be SWIM's experience but due to the fact SWIM has never had BTH before he couldnt come up with a solution to your problem other than your tolerance may be a lot higher than you think it is.

You can drop the swim thing, we don't use that here. And BTH is weird to me. I've obicome across it a handful of times here in the southeastern U.S. I actually was offered some less than a week ago, but I declined. The guy claims there wasn't a shortage of it, however, which who knows. When I have gotten some it ranged from decently potent, to half the room nodding, other half making calls because it didn't do shit. Meh.

The #4 or whatever you prefer to call it does indeed reign supreme in my area.

Maybe it has to do with repeated dosing? You had been smoking it, and now you are talking about doing 5 shots in one sitting, unless I'm doing speedballs I try to space my doses out as much as possible and just do more in one shot(but only after knowing the strength of what I have on hand) Has your friend been strictly IVing for a while? Had you both been abstinent for say 8 hours before dosing? Or just him?

I find repeated dosing raises my short term tolerance MUCH higher than taking one big dose. Say if I did 2 grams with 4 shots in 8 hours, vs shooting half a gram every 4, I'd feel the half gram shots more, even though I am doing less dope over time.