big nasty GRIME thread

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
This is a long shot, probably niche thread, idk who else really fucks with UK grime or anything, which was a burgeoning trend in the mid 00s, which kinda came up with and developed with dubstep and other EDM genres during that time.

SO, i noticed there was NO grime thread, so here tf it is!

And when it comes to grime, no one is more essential than Dizzee Rascal, as he is probably the most popular grime artist (although his newer tunes have evolved into something different) and one of the progenitors of the genre.

This is the third track from his first album from '03, Boy in da corner. Kid was fucking 16 when he did this shit.

Check it out, and TURN IT UP!!!

Guaranteed BANGER jah

I luv u is a classic. I love grime when I'm in the right mood for it. It used to be well good, when it was more underground, alot of it has evolved into kinda mainstreamy 'drill' which is shit.

Off the top of my head here's a few artists that stand out for me (bar dizzee ofc) and i still listen to:
Castro/casisdead
Big H, President T and the rest of Bloodline
The coldblooded boys (jonson, terminator, revolver, dolla the dustman etc)
Ghetts/Ghetto
OLD Wiley stuff
Old JME stuff
Big Narstie
Devilman
Mayhem
Giggs

Some of my fav Producers;
Silencer
Rude kid
Swifta beata
Teddy music
Z dot
Preditah
Filthy gears
Thomas mellor
Faze miyake
Emvee

Last edited:
This is a long shot, probably niche thread, idk who else really fucks with UK grime or anything, which was a burgeoning trend in the mid 00s, which kinda came up with and developed with dubstep and other EDM genres during that time.

SO, i noticed there was NO grime thread, so here tf it is!

And when it comes to grime, no one is more essential than Dizzee Rascal, as he is probably the most popular grime artist (although his newer tunes have evolved into something different) and one of the progenitors of the genre.

This is the third track from his first album from '03, Boy in da corner. Kid was fucking 16 when he did this shit.

Check it out, and TURN IT UP!!!

Guaranteed BANGER jah

Oh PLEASE don't make me laugh
Typical American posting that stuff, Dizzee are you kidding me? I could say so much about him & when he got dealt with & what his now moved onto.

Sit back & get educated my friend.

Heck ya, didn’t know I needed this thread but I’m glad it’s here. What’s the difference between grime and garage? Google has my typical American ass all sorts of confused.

@Zopiclone bandit his skepta diss is brilliant(heavy aswel) and the chip one hahaha big up devilman
"chipmonk you're a nonce you're a stalker, you might aswel do the moonwalk-ah" 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Dizzee are you kidding me? I could say so much about him & when he got dealt with & what his now moved onto.
Yea but come on you cant not rate this surely?
(i know charlie sloth is annoying just ignore him people and skip to the bars about 1 minute in)

Hey i did say OLD wiley stuff...
For example. I dont rate his new stuff/attitude and agree with devilmans diss for sure but we can't say this doesn't bang!

I remember playing this off of my old sony Ericsson walkman phone way before smartphones were even a thing lol

Also I know ita a pirate remix and its not grime its bassline but this is a fuckinggg banger (the original wiley tune was whack wasn't it lol)
(Subs on people, thank me later;) )

Fast forward to 6:14 and hear him go over 'silencer - ww4' (one of all my time fav grime instrumentals

Jammer also went over it on that 'champz and weed' track which was hard too but p moneys old flow kills it
This old one of p moneys is actually sick too particularly the clever as fuck 1-30 counting bars
They start at 1:44 even if you don't like p money they are worth checking out

And one of this newer tracks that i do actually rate

Big H still merked him at LOTM i dont care what anyone says 😂

Rabit feat Riko Dan - black dragons.

Some good weightless grime right here.

@Zopiclone bandit this is one of my all time favourite grime sets
Fast forward to 2 mins where it really starts going off. Worth checking the whole thing though! This is just part 1 of the set but all 4 parts are on YouTube, i duno if the link to the free download of the whole set as one long mp3 is still active but ive got it saved if anyone wants me to upload it ;)

Last edited:
I was never that into the stayfresh boys (Birmingham crew) but i did like raider and SOME movez and dapz stuff, this movez track is a banger but 'zoe' really takes the spotlight here, big up her, whoever she is

Leng army.
Nuff Stinking paigon's posting in this thread.

I ain't even got enough Lazers to deal with all you lot posting on here & @deficiT is a prime target for the Leng Army. His so paigon words don't even begin to express this gas-head duppy.

Oh PLEASE don't make me laugh
Typical American posting that stuff, Dizzee are you kidding me? I could say so much about him & when he got dealt with & what his now moved onto.

Sit back & get educated my friend.

Bah. I opened this thread not to flex my knowledge on the genre, as I'm really not all that knowledgeable on the artists, but to learn more about it and discover new music.

Dizzee is the still the shit, and he's still one of, if not the, most recognizable artists in the genre.

Leng army.
Nuff Stinking paigon's posting in this thread.

I ain't even got enough Lazers to deal with all you lot posting on here & @deficiT is a prime target for the Leng Army. His so paigon words don't even begin to express this gas-head duppy.

Too much for me to bother to urban dictionary here, so I'm just gonna assume you're being negative towards me and recommend you eat a bowl of stfu soup.

Dizzee is the still the shit, and he's still one of, if not the, most recognizable artists in the genre.
eye-roll-ugh.gif

Really pulling the crap off the bottom of my shoe here to post this Paigon but I gotta lazer off your stupid heads yet again.

FFS telling me to "eat a bowl of stfu soup" & you post that tosh.

So many Goddamn lazers to your paigon head I gotta go buy more as I've run out.
Moving more sideways with your posts than a Crab.