Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Big Day Out Aus

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
I know its already been on but i couldnt seem to find a big day out thread.This was my first bdo n to say the least it was fuckin hetic!not the best line up but it was still fucking great in the boiler room...."fight pits" in a dubstep mosh i was like the fuck??but in my mdma induced state of mind i thought fuck it n joined it (BIG MISTAKE) was all good n fun until i got knocked on my ass then had my sholder stomped on paying for it now..............Who went to the perth show? some dickhead let off a pestaside bomb in the croud during basnectar or shockone did anyone hear about what happend to that cock?or if anyone was sero hurt,i almost had a asthma attack luckly i was bustin a move with a fellow BL'er n he pulled me through the croud that wasnt moving fast enuf....sorry to ramble i've had a few pipes :p

I didn't go but i did find the statistics for the BDO this year interesting: http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news...Out-Some-years-we-sell-out-some-years-we-dont

In 2010 Big Day attracted over 337,000 fans, last year’s shows drew 300,000 punters, while this year the festival sold just over 173,000 tickets.

The festival has already announced that this year will be New Zealand’s last Big Day Out and there had been concerns that the stripped back lineup and staging for the shows in Perth and Adelaide this year indicated that punters would have to head to the East Coast for next year’s festivals.

Perth:
2012 – 12,000
2011 – 35,000

It would be a shame, seems to get harder each year to hold it at Claremont showgrounds because of complaints.

^ The festival has slowly gone down hill from the people i have heard who frequent this. I think Soundwave is taking over!

Big Day Out is just too diverse. Why would I pay a ridiculous amount of money to see one or two bands of the genre I like when I could pay the same and see a whole days worth at Soundwave? Or Future?

And it was too big for it's own good. Smaller festivals are so much better, eg. Falls and Splendour.

I went to the one in Sydney because I got free tickets for volunteering.
It was disgusting. So much rubbish chucked on the ground, such a foreign venue (Sydney Olympic Park), no shade and so many 16 year olds.
Give me a small festival with less people who are there for the scene not because its cool to go.
Natural venues are far better.

Keenasfuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk =D

Oops, that was supposed to be in the Future Music thread!

I went to the Sydney BDO, i did feel as though i was 100 years old walking around and im only 26, a couple good pills put me back at ease...
Was just glad it didnt piss down rain, bit of a waste of money nearly $200, miss the days of rushing the fence

Good to notice the MD Munt has returned to to festivals, as opposed to the Amfet Staunch..

I went to the Melbourne BDO (my first Big Day Out) and I had a ball, the crazy heat was dealt with really well, the acts were fun, the vibe was awesome! My highlight was definitely Bassnectar, Girl Talk and Kanye West.

I went to the Melbourne BDO (my first Big Day Out) and I had a ball, the crazy heat was dealt with really well, the acts were fun, the vibe was awesome! My highlight was definitely Bassnectar, Girl Talk and Kanye West.

bassnectar ftw :p

Did he by chance play his remix of Deftones - Prince? Man i would of loved to hear that..

I cant rember mate i was megaaaaa fucked up when bassnectar was playing

EDIT: just played the song on youtube dont think he played it never heard it before.I do rember basshead playing and he opend with here we go was preeeeeetyyyy mad best mosh pit i eva seen :p