• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

bho makers

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
how many times do you run your material? Do you do multiple runs and seperate the grades?

also, do you allow the tane to soak into the material? have heard people do so.

I am just doing a small run with a glass tube so I don't have a ton of options, just have a little trim and need me some dab. I have a cheap vac purge set up as well so I have that end covered. just curious as to what others do. Normaily I run until clear and then trash but noticed that there is still quite a bit of scent coming from what I considered to be waste material. Could I leave it out and let the butane boil off and make edibles or something like rick simpson oil?

what do you do?

i find that it varies by chamber dimensions. smaller diam is better but too much length is also bad, 6-8" seems like a good length for working with standard cans. the residual odour is probably just chlorophyll as the cells thaw and break open

Run material once. It'll just get gross after that (yes, some people will say it's ok to run 2x but any respectable extractor will tell you that's some tweaker shit).

Don't soak. Blast into a cold vessel and then begin purging immediately. Use dry ice for the coolant if possible.

If you didn't care about dabbing I'd say just make FECO/RSO with ethyl alcohol (everclear). Less explosion risk and you'd get similar amounts of oil.

Thanks for your insight into the mind of a 'respectable extractor'. Still not sure how a second wash make someone a tweaker but whatever..

Thanks for all the replies everyone. PRetty much along the lines of my thoughts.

FM- Dry ice to cool the butane and material?

Kaden, I think he was just sort of joking, sort of like smoking resin or reclaim, implying some sort of desparation. But my thoughts are the returns would be so low that it would hardly be worth the tane let alone the effort and time that goes into it. granted it may not be a lot if you have nothing else do to, like my neighbor smokes reclaim all the time and I might have taken a dab once from it when he offered but we always joke about it because I hate it.

I have a rosin press that works well with keif but not very well with flower, so whatever doesn't fit in the chamber gets keifed and pressed..

^Damn, I wish I hadn't been so high when I watched my friend do it lol

I think he blasts into a Pyrex that has dry ice underneath but I'm not sure. Google could probably help with that. If you don't have a deep freezer you could use dry ice to freeze the material too.

Thanks for your insight into the mind of a 'respectable extractor'. Still not sure how a second wash make someone a tweaker but whatever..

Because a pound of trim costs as much as a nice dinner.

If your health isn't worth that, then IMO you're in tweaker territory.

Also, what Mafi said about smoking rez.

Where I live, people say the same about anything made from trim.

Personally, I find such an attitude to be snootier than the waiter who serves you your pound of trim priced dinner.

That being said, there are still people here who know better and once they've exhausted the trim of butane goods, isopropyl alcohol can be poured through to make a second wash which is often quite high in terpenes and still contains a good amount of cannabinoids. The yield is high enough to make it worthwhile and there is nothing unhealthy about it.

making BHO involves alot of experimentation. lots of variables you gotta trial and error out.

how many times do you run your material? Do you do multiple runs and seperate the grades?

also, do you allow the tane to soak into the material? have heard people do so.

I am just doing a small run with a glass tube so I don't have a ton of options, just have a little trim and need me some dab. I have a cheap vac purge set up as well so I have that end covered. just curious as to what others do. Normaily I run until clear and then trash but noticed that there is still quite a bit of scent coming from what I considered to be waste material. Could I leave it out and let the butane boil off and make edibles or something like rick simpson oil?

what do you do?

if I don't break up the buds, open blast with a can of tane, I get a yield of about 15-20%.
if I grind the blasted buds, two tubes worth of intact blasted bud, fit into 1 tube and yeild about .5-1g of BHO. I use the second run for edibles. They are bomb.

A second run of trim yields negligible results.

re SOAK: if you have a SS tube with a valve you can allow the tane to smoke, but its too risky IMO. (pipe bomb)

blast into pyrex or PTFE paper

i've tried making ISO, and edibles with blasted bud, but if you do the blasting well, any further extraction yields negligible second runs, even when you start with AAA bud.

Run material once. It'll just get gross after that (yes, some people will say it's ok to run 2x but any respectable extractor will tell you that's some tweaker shit).

Don't soak. Blast into a cold vessel and then begin purging immediately. Use dry ice for the coolant if possible.

If you didn't care about dabbing I'd say just make FECO/RSO with ethyl alcohol (everclear). Less explosion risk and you'd get similar amounts of oil.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. PRetty much along the lines of my thoughts.

FM- Dry ice to cool the butane and material?

Kaden, I think he was just sort of joking, sort of like smoking resin or reclaim, implying some sort of desparation. But my thoughts are the returns would be so low that it would hardly be worth the tane let alone the effort and time that goes into it. granted it may not be a lot if you have nothing else do to, like my neighbor smokes reclaim all the time and I might have taken a dab once from it when he offered but we always joke about it because I hate it.

I have a rosin press that works well with keif but not very well with flower, so whatever doesn't fit in the chamber gets keifed and pressed..

get bubblebags and press rosin?

if you can cool the tube with dry ice, you reduce the amount of waxes in the oil, so you don't need to winterize. common for CLS.

^Damn, I wish I hadn't been so high when I watched my friend do it lol

I think he blasts into a Pyrex that has dry ice underneath but I'm not sure. Google could probably help with that. If you don't have a deep freezer you could use dry ice to freeze the material too.

Because a pound of trim costs as much as a nice dinner.

If your health isn't worth that, then IMO you're in tweaker territory.

Also, what Mafi said about smoking rez.
why chill the pyrex liquid BHO when your just going to purge right after?