• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

bho, dabs, wax, what ever you wanna call it

blastin710

Greenlighter
So, I will be making bho for the third time ever, last two times made great product, low yield. I will be using the everclear method, and a 1/2 ounce. I know I should use more, but Fuck off I'm in Chicago and the shit ain't cheap lol. Any tips on getting a bigger yield? More tane? More clear? Any help would be great. Thanks.

I think you get more of a board extract with something like alcohol. If you want to get a very clean product without much chlorophyll and other stuff you really need to use butane or CO2. Dont get me wrong i have used alcohol to get a board extract from the remnants of plant matter but by that method i always got a green paste.

If you are going to use alcohol or acetone limit the plant materials exposure to the solvent and you should get something cleaner the longer you let it sit the more chlorophyll you will get. Be careful as solvents are usually flammable and in a gaseous state they can be explosive

Use as fresh bud as possible, the older it is the darker the run will be. Also, keep temps as low as possible while blasting, higher temps will pull more chlorophyll.

szuko has good advice as well.

Not much that you can do to get a bigger yeild as far as I know. You could try running more solvent through the product to make sure you have extracted as much as possible, but really to increase the yield you need either more product or better quality product. I'm sure being careful not to waste anything will help as well but the big difference is in product. If you blast some premium nugs you will get some really good oil in all likelihood, but you can still get some really good oil from mid grade bud.

If by everclean method you mean filtering/winterizing, then expect to lose some in the filtration process. You lose weight in the dewaxing process.

if you're using everclear, you're not making BHO, or wax for that matter, you're making generic solvent extracted cannabis oil.

It will be a goopy, tar-like liquid that will not solidify.

really miss having dabs....been since september, bud is nice but those dabs are so stoneyful. nothing like them golden crumbly bundles of love