• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Better late than never - maybe?

Legalizing weed 8 years ago in USA opened up another can of worms, social justice.

This has been known for a while and most progressives have been calling for a change. States like Illinois have already begun a process to eliminate marijuana related charges.

Even Biden wants to not only decriminalize it, he wants to expunge people's criminal records with marijuana charges.

Legalizing weed isn't the cure all but it's a damn good start. It's opened up the door for business' to boom, employment to prosper and social justice to get the recognition it deserves.

[ https:// blog.norml.org/2020/03/11/rep-blumenauer-upcoming-veterans-medical-marijuana-vote-in-congress/ ]
Rep Blumenauer: Upcoming Veterans Medical Marijuana Vote In Congress (2020-Mar-11)

Honestly i like to call this guy "My hero from USA" because of his progressist legacy in a difficult cannabis-related context.

And perhaps because this intervention had its effect in its own good time:

YouTube: US Rep. To Deputy Director of Drug Policy: You're 'Part of the Problem' (2014-Feb-4)

A "problem" created by 3rd-party misguided/self-serving predators & friend$, in days when cannabis was a non-issue, essentially... And lets never mention it started between 2 wars!

What a setup.

Not to mention it's still not openly permitted to grow CBD cannabis which we should as well expect to find in local grocerie stores.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Medical marijuana should be legalized. There are so many other "medicinal" drugs that have greater side effects compared to marijuana.

Now, the US has accepted that it is an important need for people. A place like Lebanon became one of the first Arab countries to legalize it.
I am not sure if there is an allowance on growing it or not. A legal market must have emerged, so one does not feel " shy' buying or even applying for medical marijuana cards.

This leads to a fall in prices and tax cuts on marijuana too.

I read a study, and it mentioned that if the state becomes softer in rule relaxation, then marijuana can become a substitute for alcohol! And other violent inducing substances like cocaine and amphetamines.
So imagine if medical marijuana can actually be legal ( at least more dispensaries to deal with it), then what butterfly effect it can cause in terms of crime, social and medical perspectives.
This miracle plant is just undermined and now since we have research going on and greater publications- it is relief to see that we will be having long term scientific evidence to back up and answer critics.

Salutations HelloPsyDoc,

Medical marijuana should be legalized.

Actually, since the joint UN & WHO recommendation of mid-December 2017 on CBD, it turns out progressists just like Congressman Earl Blumenauer would be quite justified to argue it's about time for governments to adjust their "schedule" accordingly. So if i'm not mistaking this congressman isn't only advocating removal of "medical" which is about CBD for a large part anyway: despite his participation to a Norml conference mister Blumenauer simply proposed it's no longer an internationally controlled substance, e.g. "un-scheduled". It was a mistake to include "Indian Hemp"/"Cannabis sativa L." in the Geneva Opium Convention of 1925 to begin with, so it appears the UN itself should work to get cannabis removed from that schedule. Instead the UN/WHO delayed their actions as much as they could ever since, perhaps to leave such political burden to politicians...

As far as i'm concerned the binary "medical"/"criminal" (now "recreative"...) division reflecting THC/CBD content is the result of mis-guided 3rd-party interference negating realities between the 2 extremes. Normal has chosen legality because "medical" cannabis is being "legalized", Blumenauer goes further by acting in support of plain removal of *ALL* cannabis from USA's schedule, at least the way i understood some of his late mediatic interventions.

There are so many other "medicinal" drugs that have greater side effects compared to marijuana.

The assymetrical treatment observed practically on a planetary scale, i think, just confirms the kind of "mis-guided 3rd-party interference" as refered to right above. It's a compound consequence of over-exagerated behaviours involving socio-toxic repercussions with next-to-zero accountability/responsability, while "legal" systems still continue to expose vulnerable consumers to all sorts of abuse, ranging from getting barred from international travel to a menace of eviction based on bigot retroactive regulation, etc. Our Public Institutions sense of proportionality goes clearly defficient when dealing with the plant and its adepts. In any case it's discrimination already to expect of cannabis consumers that they should justify their habit according to a pipolar moral system, the worthy against the pig, both destined to get sacrificed In The Name Of Children, not to "please" the users...

How about leaving adult individuals decide of their own life-style instead of allowing predators to inflict permanent prejudice for some utopian ideological reasons as a "Drug-Free World"!

A place like Lebanon became one of the first Arab countries to legalize it.

I wonder if it's not in reaction to what's going on in Israel relatively to "medical" research & development. In particular i got the Syqe vaporizer in mind, which explored dosing issues kind of early, in days when nobody thought of "Micro-Dosing".

...marijuana can become a substitute for alcohol! And other violent inducing substances like cocaine and amphetamines.

The funny thing is that i see no forced grouping for alcohol, while the rest is intrinsicly assumed anyway.

...it is relief to see that we will be having long term scientific evidence to back up and answer critics.

That remains to be verified.

Even if we take for granted that "Légaleezation" effectively promotes protection for minors & society while keeping profits out of an underground market, as Justin Trudeau claimed since 2015 for example, a reality check at Québec's SQdC shall prove most deceiving. Lets take Hexo's relatively recent Original Stash that was supposed to compete with "organized crime", aHummm... The company name alone is no reassuring reference when words like myclobutanil/Zyklon and kosher take us back to the days of Hydropothecary, just a few years ago. Keep in mind these people revealed the non-detection level of a BANNED "Pest Control Product" and there's 96+ of them on the list published by Health Canada, which leaves the door wide open to toxicity-optimized soups with low-profile individual PCP signatures difficult to detect even using top-notch laboratory resources, while simultaneously exposing to a multitude of effects which don't simply add up: they multiply. Considering industry insiders publicly recognized nobody really knows what to expect on the long run it means consumers already punished via over-pricing and over-taxation also serve as guinea pigs and i do NOT believe such long-term "evidence" will be a relief to pro-cannabic enthousiasts as myself, quite on the contray.

Right from the origin there's been non-sense about imposing indoor mass production + industrialized processing as a model. Recently i had an opportunity to capture how Canada's "Légaleezation" performed in the province of Québec where it's likely the most affordable:

SQd-C-Sample-Hexo-OS-220-640x640.png

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/q7qvP4Sv/SQd-C-Sample-Hexo-OS-220-640x640.png ]

Hexo-Hydropothecary-Original-Stash-Indica-OS-220-640x480.png

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/xC4mc37K/Hexo-Hydropothecary-Original-Stash-Indica-OS-220-640x480.png ]

Although i don't have a chemical analysis to match there's some obvious observations telling me the "black market" has no cause to fear "legal" competition, especially the part that was made of talented cultivators before (who Trudeau further criminalized). For starters the nuggets are shaved as if they needed all surfaces to get potential contaminants craped off, implying a lot of "tumble weed" results besides the fact over half the bag only contains nugget FRAGMENTS... It wasn't too evident if the bag felt more smelly outside than inside but i can at least testify that it was no fun job to seek any nice trichome gland snapshots: compaction destroyed visual hints and i suspect it also impacted vaporization in terms of cannabinoïds-to-vegetal ratio (by partially defeating consumption method).

In conlusion it's no deal i'd personally approve myself and even less repeat by calling this particular dealer back even once again, problem is "legal" in Québec is synonymous of monopoly.

The quality just doesn't justify potential consumers to submit themselves to predators now worse than most i ever had a chance to encounter in the good old days...

It may be a move but i'd say it went in the opposite direction one could reasonably expect should the moral ground be anything real.

As far as i'm concerned Justin's mari-caca reform was a misrepresentation if not a pure insult, especially if you believe in the need for a "medical" category: a couple years later CBD-based smoker substitutes remain absent from a regular "legal" market as if smokers were criminally-minded terrorists looking after plutonium. That's rating well beyond ordinary "poor" peformance IMO!

Good day, have fun!! ☮

The Hexo OS 220 has made it’s way to Manitoba, although I haven’t tried it yet. The original stash I’ve tried. Dry and not worth a second purchase.

Egzoset; By August , 2021 I will be moving from Manitoba to Nova Scotia and will be able to grow adult recreational w/o touching my prescription. And I intend to check out SAQ as well as Cannabis NB (which I’m starting to hear good things about). I’m sick of living under a Conservative government and I hate -40C winters.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

The original stash I’ve tried. Dry and not worth a second purchase.

It's got over-priced for sure.

...moving from Manitoba to Nova Scotia and will be able to grow...

That sounds like an ideal hobby (4 plants). Enjoy the improvement! (y)

And I intend to check out SAQ...

You probably meant "SQdC", which stands for Société Québécoise du Cannabis. Though it's true that's part of the SAQ.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

You probably meant "SQdC", which stands for Société Québécoise du Cannabis. Though it's true that's part of the SAQ.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

You are correct. I actually wasn’t aware that cannabis was a separate category under alcohol in Quebec?

In any event, I’ll be moving from a province that is very anti cannabis to one that is (at least by Tom’s definition) somewhat reasonable. Being allowed to recreationally grow will be something new for me. And I’ll only be a ferry ride away fromNew Brunswick or Maine/Massachusetts. To get to Quebec, I’d probably take a train from Halifax if possible. But it’s a long shuttle drive from where I’d be moving (gave up my license b/c of cannabis). Unfortunately I’ve got to plan everything out cause of dialysis; but that’s really just having supplies shipped to whichever hotel I’d be staying at.

But heck, I’ve got an entire region to explore. All will be new. Away from the depressingly endless prairies and cold winters!!

Tom

Hi again Thomas Davie,

I actually wasn’t aware that cannabis was a separate category under alcohol in Québec?

The SQdC being part of the SAQ benefits no real consumers to be exact: it's another long-forgotten politician trick i'm afraid! Currently there still are many more SAQ stores than SQdC ones, which for lots of people practically translates as garanteed access to alcohol while cannabis ain't even an option unless it's purchased on-line despite the other deterrents...

Being allowed to recreationally grow will be something new for me.

That should leave plenty of time to prepare as you won't enjoy growing under direct sunlight until the summer of 2021, or perhaps a tent meanwhile...

...I’ve got an entire region to explore.

I figure that's no closer to Québec but if you ever happen to pass by the Beauce region then i'd suggest a visit to the funeral site of Henri-Sévérin Béland, to purge your dialysis machine on it (as a way to thank him for the national ban of 1923)...

;)

Away from the depressingly endless prairies and cold winters!!

Que sera, sera!

Good day, have fun!! ☮