• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best Ways to Use THC Oral Tincture

ClantSauce

Greenlighter
So I have this bottle of THC tincture (150 mg) and I've been experimenting with ways to take it.

I tried a sublingual dose originally, but a lot of saliva accumulated and I eventually had to swallow. I only took 3/4 of one pipette full that time and the effects seemed pretty mild.

The next time I tried 3 pipettes full of tincture and put these in some water and swallowed it. The effects were much more noticeable and I felt a pretty good buzz from it lasting into the next day. Pretty smooth with my morning joe as well.

This afternoon, about 25 minutes ago, I saturated a small piece of cotton with 3 droppers almost full of tincture and put it under my tongue. I'm sure this has been done before but my reasoning was that the THC would slowly release and get absorbed and that the saliva production wouldn't interfere as much. I'm already feeling fairly stoned from this.

Is there an even better way to do it? What do you think? Does anyone have some experience in this area?

Sublingually would be the fastest and strongest method as it would directly enter your blood stream after being absorbed by mucus membranes located under the tongue. Little to none of it would be broken down by the digestive process either. If you swallow it then it may be absorbed into food in your stomach and I believe it would also pass through the liver as well, so swallowing it would have a slower onset and possibly less effect.

Swallowing it isn't really a bad things as I don't think a significant amount will be broken down and filtered out, but if you want to feel the effects faster then allowing it to absorb under the tongue would be better. I would think something like a cotton ball would work, but if you could put it on something that can be held under your tongue and then eaten I would think that is a better option. The only downside to a cotton ball that I can think of is that any tincture that hasn't been absorbed would have to be thrown away.