• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best ways to take shrooms to optimize the effects?

JohnsonE

Greenlighter
I took an 8th of shrooms yesterday and my friend is taking an 8th of the shrooms today. When I took them I didn't feel anything and I ended up dropping a tab of needlepoint LSD to make it worthwhile. I am just wondering what can my friend do to make sure his trip goes a lot better and what can he do to bring out the effects more-so. They are good shrooms - bruising penis envies so they should have worked lol. Is it maybe because we have been tripping a lot lately on LSD? Let me know what you guys think.

The cross tolerance diminishes rather fast, if your friend hasn't tripped within 7 days there should be no cross tolerance issues. Booms effect everyone differently, I recommend fasting then eating them all at once with a glass of orange juice. Just because you didn't trip that doesn't mean your friend won't.

^ That is a good method, but also chewing them for like 10+ minutes really help to get the goodies out of there, better not to rely on the stomach to pull the active chemicals out of the mushroom tissue. But, not everyone is okay with having saliva & mushroom goop in their mouth for a while. You can also 'extract' the chemicals on forehand by making tea, just don't steep it too hot for too long, add a dash of lemon juice to help extraction. If the mushrooms are any good and you have not tolerance or hard-headedness you should come up FAST and HARD from any liquid preparate, one of the hardest times I ever tripped I put the mushrooms in a blender with multi fruit juice.

Definitely blend them up. I use a coffee grinder and mix with orange juice. If you put the mushroom powder (they are dry, right?) in lemon juice for 10-20 minutes stirring occasionally you're supposed to trip harder and come up faster but I haven't tried this personally.

Definitely blend them up. I use a coffee grinder and mix with orange juice. If you put the mushroom powder (they are dry, right?) in lemon juice for 10-20 minutes stirring occasionally you're supposed to trip harder and come up faster but I haven't tried this personally.

YES...the three things that'll make for a stronger shroom trip are: surface area, surface area, and surface area.
The strongest shroom trip i ever had was from fresh cubes put through a blender then i drank the juice..."POW, right to the moon".

I agree that you should grind up the mushrooms as finely as possible. Mix them with as little juice as you can get away with, so that you can take the entirety of the dose in one or two shots. All my favorite mushroom trips have been done in this way, and the trips with this consumption method are reliably more psychedelic with a less agonizing come up.

This works the magic. After about 1.5 'hours' you'll start hearing your heart beat, then you'll start feeling like a plant, then you slip down the rabbit hole. Then this sentence will start looking like this sentence will start looking like stars in this sentence wheels tart what sentence starts what is a sentence how does something start what is reading this? Is this me? If so, then who the hell am i asking? am I going insane. Shit I'm losing it. Omg what the hell is my cat doing. That's fuckin beautiful. How is it doing that. Wow So many trees outside. I just wanna go outside. Its beautiful. Just look at the trees. So many colorful leaves. They're dancing.

What others have said. But I always take them on a completely empty stomach (20-24 hour fast) or minimal contents (say an apple and burrito 12 hours prior). The reproducibility of effects is a bonus (for me).

Tom