• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Best way to wash Chuck Taylors?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I found some Chuck Taylors on the side of the road that are in pretty good condition but they obviously need to be washed. What's the best way to wash and dry them?

Yeah I want to use the washing machine, just not sure if I should use the low setting or regular.

Yeah, do it gently and with minimal heat when drying, if possible. I shrank a pair once after hiking in them (which was a bad idea to start with) then machine-washing them and then drying them in the sun.
After i washed them, it was as if they were a size smaller than before and they didnt fit anymore

Finished washing and don't look too bad other than a little staining in the heel. I'd probably wear them if they were a different color and not what seems to be about a size 14 lol. I'll probably just give them to Goodwill, they've definitely got some life left.

Handwash them would be better. There's rubber...??

What size are you? Geez you can get them on sale.... I'll mail you some! Stop it. -__-

What size are you? Geez you can get them on sale.... I'll mail you some! Stop it. -__-

Huh? I'm not sure what you're talking about. I actually have a pair of black Chucks. You can still mail me some if you want tho.

Last edited:
Kind of but that doesn't mean it's going to stop me from taking them if they're in somewhat good condition. I mean they didn't have blood on them or anything lol. And personally I always wondered more about the whole shoes on telephone wires thing.

One time I found a bike on the side of the road that someone obviously ditched and took that too. Don't know what the story was with that either, but either way I guess it's just sort of a past-time I have. I collect shit from the side of the road, just not dead animals.

We're talking about converse, right??

I can get them for like $12. What's your size and where do you live? Like country.

& yeah, my mom looks through the dumpster all the time. I think vacuums and anything wood is counter-productive, but that's just imo.