• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best way to take tylenol 3s for pain?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
So I'm having a flare up of IC and all I have on hand right now are about 10 tylenol 3s (300mg apap/30mg codeine, I believe). I just want to know if there is a more effective way of taking them than swallowing. My guy said just chew them and hold them under you tongue but does that really make a difference and is it safe with the Tylenol? I want to get the most out of the codeine without having to ingest a bunch of apap and there aren't enough pills for a CWE to be an efficient option, also I need them now.

Crush a few pills into powder, dissolve in no more than a shot glass worth of lukewarm water, stick it in the freezer for five minutes and the fridge for 30 minutes, pour notre chilled solution that should have a bunch of residue collected at the bottom, filter through coffee filter that will catch the acetaminophen that will look like white sludge, and enjoy higher doses without too much liver killing tylonal. This is called a cold water extract.

The concept is that acetaminophen is not soluble in cold water so when it cools down the acetaminophen precipitates/crashes out of the solution while the highly soluble codeine remains in the water after filtered.

Look up cold water extracts if you're still confused.

Edit: CWE is easy and I should have read you obviously know how.... No way to speed up codeine as it's action is as a prodrug to morphine..... Any other ROA may make it less efficient really

Ok thanks! The only thing is that I've heard it gets rid of a lot of the codeine too in the process (if you're inexperienced with CWEs, which I am) and I only have so many pills, a heroin tolerance, and a lot of pain. I also have some xanax, would it actually potentiate the opiates or just add to the sedation? That's something I never could get a clear answer on. I have a light benzo tolerance and a heroin tolerance so I'm not worried about ODing on that combo.

Each tylenol 3 has 30 mg codeine 15 mg caffeine and 300 mg tylenol, my rule kinda is if you take over a gram of apap at a yome its hitting your liver pretty hard, once or twice it probably wont kill you but its not good for you so i dont reccomend taking more than 4 at a time and thats 1200 mg apap the only way to safely take a higher dose is to do a cwe, i dont believe under the tongue (sublingually) comes on any faster and deffinetly not stronnger plus it tastes extremely bitter deffinetly dont snort them because there is so much filler your best bet would be to crush them and parachute them if taking a reasonable dose but if youre going to take more than 5 pills do a cwe its worth it if you cwe all 10 youll probably get somewhere near 250 mg codeine atleast, im not sure what your tolerance is like but drink that down follow with some grapefruit juice, that would be a pretty warm fuzzy ride for me and deffinetly would work for pain relief if you are lower toleranced i reccomend 60 mg at a time every 4-6 hours thats a usual prescribed dose for moderate pain. 60 mg worked for me after my tonsilectomy and the pin was pretty bad sometimes i took 90 mg at the worst of it. Good luck!

Edit.

Sorry i didnt see you had a heroin tolerance in that case it may not do too much for you but give it a shot do a cwe deffinetly probably on all the pills and Xanax would just sedate you more it wouldnt add to the pin killing effecs really but it would probably distract you more so maybe that extra distraction would help the pain relief and grapefruit juice all day long!

No Xanax it could kill you

Edit: just to add the combo of benzos and opiates call lead to fatal respritory depression. Do not risk it as someone here nearly died of this same combo. If you already took this combo inform someone who can check on you and if no one is there tell a friend to come NOW and to call for an ambulance to inform them what happens if your unresponsive.

Edit 2:http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/784830-Did-I-waste-them?p=13500874#post13500874
Please copy and paste the IR into your browser and read through the OPs posts. Don't make the same mistake they did

Last edited:
Thanks, I know it's a dangerous combo but I have enough of a tolerance for it to work for me, plus I have boyfriend who knows all the details of my drug use and lives with me, and on top of that we live literally 5 minutes away from a hospital. So OD'ing isn't as big of a concern for me as pain control. The combo ended up working beautifully but I DO NOT advise this unless you have a high tolerance too because it is really strong.