• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take morphine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimen

Greenlighter
So I recently came into possession of a little bit of liquid morphine, (approx. 25 ml, and 20 mg/ml) meant to be taken orally. I have a good bit of experience with oxycodone, but never tried morphine, and I was just wondering your opinion on what would be the best way to take it, as I think I've heard that morphine has a not-so-great bioavailability when taken orally. Would that be the best thing to go with since I've never tried it before? Can it be IV'd? I'm hesitant to IV, as I've never tried it before. Makes me nervous, and when I donate blood, every time without failure the doctors or nurses or whatever have a pain of a time trying to find a good vein. Buuuuuut if you think it might be super worth it, I might consider going for it. Also what about plugging? Would that make it more effective?

Also when I take oxy, I'm dosing about 200 mg, so I was thinking the first time I'll take 10 ml (200 mg) and see how that makes me feel, and then depending on that, might take up to the rest of it the second time. Sound safe enough?

Thanks for your help.

You lucky devil! If you are gonna IV, make sure it doesn't have other shit in it, and remember - morphine through I.V. is 3x more powerful than per oral - BUT, it takes ~20 min to hit, if I recall correctly, no giant rush, but a warm arrival.

Oxycontin is 1.5x stronger than morphine per oral but about 1/2 as strong per I.V.

That being said - I wouldn't shoot up because I'd faint seeing the needle.

If its meant for oral is it even safe to inject? I would assume it be full of sugars and stuff.

^^ i dont think sugar would neccessarily be a problem, could be wrong, i was thinking the perservatives ect.

You almost invariably don't want to inject oral Morphine preparations. I've had a few different ones in my life and they've ranged from sugary and viscous to slightly less sugary and viscous. If you tell us what the ingredients are, if you know them, we can give you further advice, but the rule of thumb is to not inject. You shouldn't inject anyway, as you're not familiar with the practice and it is really best to have someone show you first-hand how it's done. Missing an injection with a substance like this could have consequences.

In my opinion, the best way to take it would be rectally. You get a boost in bioavailability and it's just a better high that way, at least in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice! With my hesitancy to stick a needle in my arm, and the possibility of oral solutions not being good to IV, I don't think I'll go that route. I won't have access to the original prescription bottle again for several days, so I can't check for an ingredients list at the moment. I think probably I'll go for plugging it.

I've had lots of experience with morphine (really a ton of opioids/opiates via all ROAs except plugging) and I've taken a lot of liquid morphine in all kinds/brands of liquid oral and made for injection solutions. I have IVd, IMd, sub-Qd and drank it. I have personally never had a problem or abscess with these ROAs with oral liquid morphine but, as has been said, the oral liquid does contain sugar, flavorings, buffers for your stomach, etc... and just because I haven't had any problems with it during many years of usage doesn't mean there isn't the risk of abscess, especially sub-Q (whether you mean to sub-Q or miss some of your shot. Morphine is way better IVd, sub-Qd, IMd (injected any way, especially IV, but sub-Q is good too), especially with such a small dose (IDK what your tolerance is, but I'm RXd 90mg of roxys per day for chronic pain and 200mg orally is a pretty good oxy dose for me too, especially since I quit heroin several years ago. In fact, I just got my roxys filled today and took 200mg as soon as I got it).

With that said, you kind of have a toss up on your hands, as 20mg (or any dose of morphine under 100mg orally) is really weak IME. This must be considered while also looking at the danger of abscess (which can easily be taken care of with hot compresses. The abscess will come to a head and burst on it's own, I've done this many times with missed shots of Dilaudid and other pills). I personally would shoot it, preferably IV, but if you're that worried about it perhaps you would do better using it orally to boost your oxy or whatever opie you have (I wouldn't expect too much of a boost with 20mg oral morphine tho). But that's just me. I'm not exactly the best person for HR but I'm good at helping people get the most and best high with their drugs, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm simply giving my own experiences. I'm also RXd xanny bars (8mg/day) and I'm used to doing high doses of powerful opioids/opiates (including IV heroin and fent analogs) together with double digit mg doses of Xanax while drinking liquor. Your results may vary and I would feel horrible if someone took what I do and ODd. While that morphine was a good score, you have to think about how much one high is worth compared to your life (I usually go for the high, but again, that's just me and I've been doing these combos for more than 20 years so my tolerance is really high for these drugs). Whatever you do, if you haven't taken it already, be smart and be safe. Let us know which ROA you choose, what all else you do with it, and how good the experience is. BTW, if you aren't really an IV user already, I wouldn't get into that ROA because it can really spiral out of control before you know it and fuck your life up as it becomes the all consuming focus of your life. If I could do life differently, I would have never started injecting anything. It took a long time and a lot of tries before I was able to free myself of the needle and it it would take a book to relate to you all the ways it fucked my life up for many years.

Last edited:
IV morphine is the best, definitely

Don't IV though, as has been previously mentioned

Well up the butt it went. 10 ml of it (again, that's approx. 200mg) along with about 40mg oxy that I swallowed. Felt absolutely wonderful, of course, but imo didn't really feel any different from oxy. Also it's made me pee a LOT. I swear I've peed more liquid than I've drank in the last 24 hours. That's never happened to me on just oxy; anyone know why that happened? After I realized that I was peeing endlessly, I started chugging water to try and stay hydrated.

But yeah, thanks all for the info! Just figured I'd let you know how it went.

I would have too; but I IV everything including my Ambien, I would advise against using a needle that first time because more than likely that's what you will use to do yours drugs with and yeah, while the rush from IV'd stuff is awesome what isn't is the compulsion/necessity to always want to be shooting up which is where I am and have been for the last several years.. But its up to each user how far down the road they want to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.