• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Best Way To Take Morphine Sulfate Extended Release?

Dope Waffle

Greenlighter
So I have a buddy that's going to be dropping off some morphine later and I was wondering what the best Route of Administration would be for the extended release type of pills. There only 15mg per pill but I'm getting quite a bit, but I've never fucked with morphine enough to know the best way to take it.

Just to be clear these are the M 15 blue round pills.

I appreciate any replies, thanks!

Last edited:
Honestly, oral administration is the best when it comes to MS Contin - nothing fun or fancy, but if you want the best effect - that's the way.

Honestly, oral administration is the best when it comes to MS Contin - nothing fun or fancy, but if you want the best effect - that's the way.
Man that sucks, I took one about an hour ago and feel it creeping up but I already know it's gonna be one of those highs that stretch out over 5-6 hours :/

You could chew it to break the time release, you won't get much from one 15 mg extended release for euphoria that's for sure. I also mean lightly chew it to break it up, not try to chew it like food and get it stuck in your teeth, thought I'd add that caveat.

Last edited:
You could chew it to break the time release, you won't get much from one 15 mg extended release for euphoria that's for sure. I also mean lightly chew it to break it up, not try to chew it like food and get it stuck in your teeth, thought I'd add that caveat.
It's more of a general numbness over the body than a high. Oh well, at least I'll be able to sleep tonight and not wake up feeling like an old man ;)

If youre looking for the route of administration with the highest possible bioavailability, it would be rectal administration (save for injection).

You would crush them into a powder and make a solution with a little bit of canola oil mixed in to aid in absorbtion. This will also give you the best "rush" there is without needles.

If you need more information just let us know.

can't you just pop the pill in your mouth n suck the coating off then crush the pill and snort it. bit of a better buzz than eating it and it still lasts a good long time. nasal was always my fav. withdrawal doesn't come knocking so fast that way.

If youre looking for the route of administration with the highest possible bioavailability, it would be rectal administration (save for injection).

You would crush them into a powder and make a solution with a little bit of canola oil mixed in to aid in absorbtion. This will also give you the best "rush" there is without needles.

If you need more information just let us know.

I've been reading the forums and everyone has said this, but I'm not sure it would work with the ER version of Morphine. Good to know it does though.

can't you just pop the pill in your mouth n suck the coating off then crush the pill and snort it. bit of a better buzz than eating it and it still lasts a good long time. nasal was always my fav. withdrawal doesn't come knocking so fast that way.

This is what I originally planned, but with oxy and other extended release pills I know it's not very effective. I was hoping to be wrong but it looks like it's the same way with this type of morphine pill :confused:

Yeah, definitely don't use it for intranasal administration, it's only 10% bioavailability compared to 20 to 40% bioavailability oral.

Rectal would be the best if you're willing to go that route - and make sure you've had a good bowel movement prior or it will just absorb into your fecal matter and be wasted - also if you inject it too deep you miss the vessels you're aiming for and wind up getting oral bioavailability anyways.

IV would ultimately be the best, but since it's a pill, I highly advise against this. If we had some pharmaceutical grade liquid morphine, then that would be a completely different story. :)

Like I said, with MS Contin, I just swallow them honestly instead of doing anything crazy - especially if you have a decent amount.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely don't use it for intranasal administration, it's only 10% bioavailability compared to 20 to 40% bioavailability oral.

Rectal would be the best if you're willing to go that route - and make sure you've had a good bowel movement prior or it will just absorb into your fecal matter and be wasted - also if you inject it too deep you miss the vessels you're aiming for and wind up getting oral bioavailability anyways.

IV would ultimately be the best, but since it's a pill, I highly advise against this. If we had some pharmaceutical grade liquid morphine, then that would be a completely different story. :)

Like I said, with MS Contin, I just swallow them honestly instead of doing anything crazy - especially if you have a decent amount.
For sure man. Just off 2 I've kept a consistent numbness all around my body. I'm going to take 4 tomorrow (60mg total) and see how it affects me. I think double what I'm at right now would be a nice feeling, especially since this isn't the type of pills to get a crazy high off. He has the 4mg Dilaudid and I'll stick to that for my nice opiate highs. :)

For sure man. Just off 2 I've kept a consistent numbness all around my body. I'm going to take 4 tomorrow (60mg total) and see how it affects me. I think double what I'm at right now would be a nice feeling, especially since this isn't the type of pills to get a crazy high off. He has the 4mg Dilaudid and I'll stick to that for my nice opiate highs. :)

Totally agree, 60 mg with the extended release formulation keeps a decent body warm type euphoria for quite a long time.

Also, Dilaudid - yum! I've never had it from a pill but I sure did love it in the ER for kidney stones.

It does seem to be a pretty prevalent misconception aboit Morphine. While intranasal is almost always more potent than oral, this is not true with Morpine. Thanks deru

Some really old comments, with the thread being resurrected from the dead, but I'll try it.....

The only ER I've had luck with is Embeda, which is pulled from the market. I get 15 this week - literally the last in my pharmacy regional area. I've been on Morphabond. Not a good warm feeling at all, but no w/d either. These are legit scripts.

So since both Embeda and Morphabond are now unavailable, the doc is swapping to Morph-Sulfate ER. I've seen the oven, the freezer, coke, etc. SO, I'm not asking the question without some research.

Q: Does anyone know the best way to break down and liquify Morph Sulf ER??? I don't shoot it IV. I've found that a shot in the ass gives a nice mix of length and intensity. TYTYTY in advance :)