• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take morphine instant release pill? Oral or Plugging?

Jm014800

Greenlighter
I have about 75 mg of morphine. I do not want to slam it and know that is the best way to go. The oral biovailability of the drug is only 20-40 percent where as hydrocodone is 70 and oxy 80-95. What is the best way to get the most out of my morphine? Oral or Plugging? and if plugging what is the best prep method ?

What are the excipients of your pills? I suggest snorting those.

Plugging has higher bioavailability, but oral lasts longer, but 75mg is a good amount, you could make a couple of strong oral doses with that amount depending on your tolerance, opium is mostly morphine, and I find that with a good oral dose of opium the effects are better than with smoking and plugging, slower onset and less intense peak but much longer effects, I dont recommend snorting morphine, the bioavailability isnt much better than oral and its never a good idea to snort pills, its also important to know if these are immediate or controlled release since controlled release morphine isnt very recreational.

In my experience plugged morphine is almost the exact same strength as oral. Just take them by mouth.

Rectal use is most likely to produce a more advantageous bioavailability. I would recommend crushing the Morphine, sprinkling a small amount of Baking Soda onto said powder, than putting said powder into solution with water. I've always just used a full oral syringe. The baking soda is due to the fact that the acidity or Ph of the rectal environment would seem to favor a less acidic Morphine solution. I'm no chemist or scientist, I just know that this method seems to work.

If you need further help regarding how to properly administer a solution rectally you can either message me or check out one of our cool little guides that will outline the process in detail for you. Once the solution is made, the process is no different than any other, but the Ph issue seems to be unique to Morphine for some reason. Can you dig it?

As said above, plugging has a slightly higher BA than oral, but imho morphine is a lame-ass opioid and the only way I can get something out of it is by plugging. Without a rush it's just not worthwhile for me. The best use for Morphine is as a starting material for an acetylation tbh..

@Keif': That's not unique for morphine. Lipophilic molecules cross membranes way better than ionic ones, because membranes consist of lipids, which of course are non-polar. So the freebase always wins against it's protonated counterpart.

If he could dig it, I doubt he'd be asking about shoving it up his arse! ;)

(By way of explanation, in the UK 'digging' is a euphemism for intravenous injection...)

F.U.B.A.R. I'm getting tired of you Lobsterbacks stepping onto my territory and forcing your precious Queen's English on me ;) For information regarding correct usage of the phrase:

F.U.B.A.R. I'm getting tired of you Lobsterbacks stepping onto my territory and forcing your precious Queen's English on me ;) For information regarding correct usage of the phrase:

Heh, 'Lobsterbacks', that's a new one on me feller...

Yes, Lobsterback was the funniest derogatory term I could think of off the top of my head. I may sound like an idiot here, but you know that the phrase was coined due to the red uniforms that were worn back in the day right?

No, I honestly have never heard that insult before. But thank you for extending my vocabulary... :)