Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best way to take MDMA after a reallllly long time

CarlysleMoon

Greenlighter
Hi there,
Long story short I used to take MDMA responsibly about ten years ago. The problem is I have forgotten my perfect dose. I do however remember it to be a very unusually high dose for a woman of my size- somewhere over 300mg (No the MD I was taking wasn’t shite -some of my male friends only needed 120mg of the same stuff - and I always made sure I took it with at least 8 weeks between rolls).

I plan to take it for the first time in nearly a decade next week, however I’m really reticent to start on a massive dose like 300mg just in case my memory serves me wrong.

I’ve genuinely forgotten the safe protocol for taking mdma for the first time and I would like some advice on where to start, considering that I know for sure that my ideal dose is definitely over 200mg. I’d rather take less and have to top up than take too much. But how long do I wait to top up and by how much do I top up? I was thinking of starting with 200mg even though I know that won’t be enough, but then what when I satisfy myself that is isn’t enough?

Thanks for reading. Any advice would be great😊

Hi there,
Long story short I used to take MDMA responsibly about ten years ago. The problem is I have forgotten my perfect dose. I do however remember it to be a very unusually high dose for a woman of my size- somewhere over 300mg (No the MD I was taking wasn’t shite -some of my male friends only needed 120mg of the same stuff - and I always made sure I took it with at least 8 weeks between rolls).

I plan to take it for the first time in nearly a decade next week, however I’m really reticent to start on a massive dose like 300mg just in case my memory serves me wrong.

I’ve genuinely forgotten the safe protocol for taking mdma for the first time and I would like some advice on where to start, considering that I know for sure that my ideal dose is definitely over 200mg. I’d rather take less and have to top up than take too much. But how long do I wait to top up and by how much do I top up? I was thinking of starting with 200mg even though I know that won’t be enough, but then what when I satisfy myself that is isn’t enough?

Thanks for reading. Any advice would be great😊

If it was 300 mg it was almost certainly not MDMA, unless you were on an antidepressant or other medication that messed around with your serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine receptor systems. Just because your friends got off on 120 mg and you needed more doesn't mean it was MDMA. (Doesn't mean it wasn't either)

It actually sounds a lot like methylone (effective doses can vary widely among users), you know βk-MDMA. I would absolutely not recommend you starting out at 300 mg.

Actually, now that I think about it. 2013-2014 that's right about the time that they were selling methylone and calling it 'moon rocks molly' MDMA. Bath salts is more like it. And the funny thing is, unless you're a regular user of MDMA and you really pay attention to the dose methylone can trick you.

Assuming you don't have any medications that are going to interfere, I would recommend 100 mg initial dose and then drop the second one (50 mg) when you start to peak on the first one. Should be about an hour and a half after You eat the first one.

And don't snort it because that just fucks up the roll.

Are you on any SSRI or other antidepressants? You don't have to answer and tell us, but it would be helpful if you did. SSRI antidepressants significantly abolish or reduce the subjective effects of MDMA. This is known science.

Are you taking gabapentin? In some people that has dampened the response to MDMA.

It's a scientific fact that the 14 days prior to you getting your monthly flow, you will have a much better subjective experience then if it's during your menses or the following week. I'm not making this up. This is a scientific fact. If I were you I would try and plan it so it was about 10 days before my menses. It all has to do with a complex interplay between estrogen progesterone and other female sex hormones and their impact on your neurotransmitters.

Do you consume significant amounts of cannabis products on a regular basis? There is some evidence that chronic consumption of large amounts of THC modulates the cannabinoid and by extension the serotonin and dopamine receptor systems in the brain. There's no consensus as to whether this results in upregulation or down regulation. There is evidence that Delta 9 attenuates the hyperthermia caused by MDMA in at least some non-human primates.

Do you take any alpha or beta blockers? Apparently pharmaceuticals that block norepinephrine release can also reduce the subjective effects of MDMA as well as reduce the unwanted sympathomimetic symptoms, such as tachycardia high blood pressure, etc.

I usually don't say this but less is actually more when it comes to MDMA. A larger dose usually destroys the nuanced feeling that you get with 100 mg or 125 mg.

Do yourself a favor. You've waited this long. Take a sample, 50 mg Is all that's needed. Put it in a capsule mail it off to drugsdata.org with your fee.

You'll know exactly what it is. They do GCMS on it.

Then You at least know it's MDMA and not something else and can adjust your initial dose accordingly.

Last edited:
Just in case you wanted some scientific support regarding the wide range of effective dose regarding methylone compared to MDMA.

"Fourteen participants (10 males, 4 females) selected their single oral doses of methylone from 100 to 300 mg (n = 8, mean dose 187.5 mg) or MDMA from 75 to 100 mg (n = 6, mean dose 87.5 mg) based on their experience."

Again, it's exceedingly more likely that what you took was methylone and not MDMA. Obviously we cannot confirm either way without the substance and a GCMS test.

It was defi
If it was 300 mg it was almost certainly not MDMA, unless you were on an antidepressant or other medication that messed around with your serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine receptor systems. Just because your friends got off on 120 mg and you needed more doesn't mean it was MDMA. (Doesn't mean it wasn't either)

It actually sounds a lot like methylone (effective doses can vary widely among users), you know βk-MDMA. I would absolutely not recommend you starting out at 300 mg.

Actually, now that I think about it. 2013-2014 that's right about the time that they were selling methylone and calling it 'moon rocks molly' MDMA. Bath salts is more like it. And the funny thing is, unless you're a regular user of MDMA and you really pay attention to the dose methylone can trick you.

Assuming you don't have any medications that are going to interfere, I would recommend 100 mg initial dose and then drop the second one (50 mg) when you start to peak on the first one. Should be about an hour and a half after You eat the first one.

And don't snort it because that just fucks up the roll.

Are you on any SSRI or other antidepressants? You don't have to answer and tell us, but it would be helpful if you did. SSRI antidepressants significantly abolish or reduce the subjective effects of MDMA. This is known science.

Are you taking gabapentin? In some people that has dampened the response to MDMA.

It's a scientific fact that the 14 days prior to you getting your monthly flow, you will have a much better subjective experience then if it's during your menses or the following week. I'm not making this up. This is a scientific fact. If I were you I would try and plan it so it was about 10 days before my menses. It all has to do with a complex interplay between estrogen progesterone and other female sex hormones and their impact on your neurotransmitters.

Do you consume significant amounts of cannabis products on a regular basis? There is some evidence that chronic consumption of large amounts of THC modulates the cannabinoid and by extension the serotonin and dopamine receptor systems in the brain. There's no consensus as to whether this results in upregulation or down regulation. There is evidence that Delta 9 attenuates the hyperthermia caused by MDMA in at least some non-human primates.

Do you take any alpha or beta blockers? Apparently pharmaceuticals that block norepinephrine release can also reduce the subjective effects of MDMA as well as reduce the unwanted sympathomimetic symptoms, such as tachycardia high blood pressure, etc.

I usually don't say this but less is actually more when it comes to MDMA. A larger dose usually destroys the nuanced feeling that you get with 100 mg or 125 mg.

Do yourself a favor. You've waited this long. Take a sample, 50 mg Is all that's needed. Put it in a capsule mail it off to drugsdata.org with your fee.

You'll know exactly what it is. They do GCMS on it.

Then You at least know it's MDMA and not something else and can adjust your initial dose accordingly.
At the time I specifically remember having the mdma tested and it was very pure. I am certain it wasn’t bath salts. I was a regular but responsible user of psychedelics and have never been on antidepressants or any other prescription drugs other than the contraceptive pill.

I’m happy to have a starting dose of 100mg, but I am confident that I won’t break through on that dose. So how long do I leave it before I take more when 100mg does t do anything for me and how much should my next dose be? Then how long to wait before taking more again etc?

I never snort it btw, only wrap it up in paper and eat it.

It was defi

At the time I specifically remember having the mdma tested and it was very pure. I am certain it wasn’t bath salts. I was a regular but responsible user of psychedelics and have never been on antidepressants or any other prescription drugs other than the contraceptive pill.

I’m happy to have a starting dose of 100mg, but I am confident that I won’t break through on that dose. So how long do I leave it before I take more when 100mg does t do anything for me and how much should my next dose be? Then how long to wait before taking more again etc?

I never snort it btw, only wrap it up in paper and eat it.
Unless you sent it off to a lab to have it tested, There's no way to tell it's pure.

Reagent testing can help your confidence that you don't have something bad.

Those purity test kits are bullshit.

About an hour and a half after your first oral dose cuz that would be the time when you should be starting to peak from your first dose and that's when you normally would redose.

I think you're going to be surprised at what the 100 mg dose is going to do.

I just got a hold of some magic beans that are supposedly over 200 mg and they have a nice score line to break in half. I shall be testing them in multiple ways.

And yes I have five reagents that I'm going to test it with but all that's going to tell me is that it's likely what the person that has been supplying things for years thinks it is and believes it is from their subjective experience. So I don't think I'm going to be taking a substance that's going to make me sick. But there's no way I can quantify that the supposed content is over 200 mg unless I actually send it into a lab and have it evaluated. The best you can do in that case is say that the amount of MDMA is somewhat less than the weight of the pill.

I recently took over 300mg after a 10+ year break and it was a lot. You can read my trip report here: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/md...eing-40-a-10-year-break.927421/#post-15704028
I'm a small person - 110lbs
Unfortunately, tolerance wise, you do sort of pick up where you left off. I wouldn't recommend 300mg but maybe like 150 + 75?
That’s great thank you for replying. Say the 150mg isn’t enough, how long after taking the 150mg would you wait before upping the dose and how much more would you add? I remember my first time taking mdma I was hours before I even felt it - topping up quite a few times (I think by 50mg a time but I cannot be sure). I was with people who really knew what they were doing with drugs and were highly responsible and knowledgeable. I knew I was in safe hands but after ten years we have lost contact and I have forgotten a lot of what they thought me, unfortunately.

Then my second question is, once I have finally got high, how long do you wait to get your second dose and how much is your second dose? Is it roughly 60% of your first dose? That number rings a bell but I could be wrong.

That’s great thank you for replying. Say the 150mg isn’t enough, how long after taking the 150mg would you wait before upping the dose and how much more would you add? I remember my first time taking mdma I was hours before I even felt it - topping up quite a few times (I think by 50mg a time but I cannot be sure). I was with people who really knew what they were doing with drugs and were highly responsible and knowledgeable. I knew I was in safe hands but after ten years we have lost contact and I have forgotten a lot of what they thought me, unfortunately.

Then my second question is, once I have finally got high, how long do you wait to get your second dose and how much is your second dose? Is it roughly 60% of your first dose? That number rings a bell but I could be wrong.
Unfortunately, if the 150 mg doesn't get you off, taking more isn't really going to help.

MDMA is not like methamphetamine where if you do another bump it gets you higher and if you do another bump it gets you higher longer.

The more doses of MDMA you add, the more amphetamine like it becomes, and the less empathogenic/entactogenic It becomes.

I have done multiple doses throughout the night and while it is stimulating it is not what you would call a pleasurable MDMA experience.

If for some unknown reason 150 mg does not get you high then save the rest that you have for another night and start over.

And as far as the dosing we always did one pill, then you wait and when you start to peak you do a half a pill more.

Less is more with MDMA, adding more usually fucks your roll up.

I've done between 500 and 1,000, probably closer to a thousand pills of MDMA. Not counting all the freaking powder.

I've also done lots and lots of substituted methcathinones, (That would be the MMC's, methylone, etc etc. Alpha PVP all that crap)

I've also done lots of 5-APB some six APB but I don't prefer it and some of the APB derivatives.

I've done MDA and likely many other substituted amphetamines because at one point I was like "oh, what do you have in the bag" and I would just eat it, snort it, smoke it, or booty bump it.

So I know what I'm talking about.

I've been rolling since 1998. I took a break from about 2016 with just intermittent use between then and now. But I found some really good beans and I've been rolling face lately.