• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best way to "safely" use fentanyl

R3hab

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

First of let's spare each other the "fentanyl is extremely dangerous" talk because we all already know that..

I want to discuss the ways of using a fentanyl patch to reduce harm as much as possible, I have done some research and believe that cutting up the patch and applying to the inside of cheeks/gums is the most effective and "safe" way of using this substance. I have a extremely huge opiate tolerance, and have worn the patch for a couple days before with decent results. Just want something that takes less time to kick in and doesn't last three days...

I currently have a 100mg/hr patch and want to know how many pieces/what size to cut the patch?

Anyone who has experience using the patch effectively... please share some info with me!

Buccal is fairly safe, just take it out of your mouth when you approach the nod or have had enough. Start with a quarter patch at most. If you need more you can always add another quarter patch.

Fentanyl patches have always given me a dirty high. It worked well for pain though.

From my experience cutting could release the doses faster so you won't be covered for a long period of time. If you have a good tolerance you can chew them, it can work even for small pieces but as said, it will won't last.

The safest way to use it would be as prescribed, or suggest by sticking the patch on your skin.

I have never chewed it up, but I have put it on tinfoil and smoked it off of there. Cannot speak to the safety of such methods, as the seem less "safe" than just using the patch.

Buccal is fairly safe, just take it out of your mouth when you approach the nod or have had enough. Start with a quarter patch at most. If you need more you can always add another quarter patch.
honestly bad advice as it doesn't mention using matrix patch only this way not gel reservoir patches.

This thread is pointless this is already discussed in many other places. There's already a general concept of this that is too much for me to lay out, but basically know your tolerance, know your substance, and know your dose.

Gumming is a waste. U will lose a large percentage because its freebase fent....thus it will won't disslove in your wet mouth ...get washed to your gut where the bioavailibikity is 32 percent.
On skin it's 100 percent bioavail.

Biggest myth and waste I've heard perpetuated on these boards is gumming patches.

Wear on skin...apply heat...best method besides extracting and smoking or shooting

the safest way to use the fucking search engine is with a computer

Hey guys,

First of let's spare each other the "fentanyl is extremely dangerous" talk because we all already know that..

I want to discuss the ways of using a fentanyl patch to reduce harm as much as possible, I have done some research and believe that cutting up the patch and applying to the inside of cheeks/gums is the most effective and "safe" way of using this substance. I have a extremely huge opiate tolerance, and have worn the patch for a couple days before with decent results. Just want something that takes less time to kick in and doesn't last three days...

I currently have a 100mg/hr patch and want to know how many pieces/what size to cut the patch?

Anyone who has experience using the patch effectively... please share some info with me!

I'd suggest just wearing it to be the safest since it absorbs slowly over 3-4 days, depending on your tolerance you may want to cut it smaller. I used to smoke the matrix patches but that got out of hand real quick and i'd always end up way higher then I intended to be and would spend hours nodding off. I once taped myself. I took a few tokes then nodded off for 2 hours before coming too then took a few more tokes and nodded again. Repeated that all day. lucky not to OD.
Bucal, sublingual is another fairly safe method if you wanna get real toasted.

All in all fentanyl is way stronger then it should be and not safe but just be careful when you use it.

Safely using fentanyl: Be careful not to prick yourself with the needle while injecting the animal with the fentanyl ehehe!

Gumming is a waste. U will lose a large percentage because its freebase fent....thus it will won't disslove in your wet mouth ...get washed to your gut where the bioavailibikity is 32 percent.
On skin it's 100 percent bioavail.

Biggest myth and waste I've heard perpetuated on these boards is gumming patches.

Wear on skin...apply heat...best method besides extracting and smoking or shooting

Also good to know :) Sublingual would be great, but (and that's a big BUT I guess) that would be with hcl.

Many things to consider, sounds like smoking small pieces might be a viable solution.. Seems to be effective and with some degree of "safety"

Wearing the patch was very disappointing, only got MORE than the effect I was looking for during a hot summer day with 100% humidity, the patch pretty much dumped it's whole contents into my system and I spent hours nodding out, barely conscious it was NOT enjoyable.

One of those "When the drugs all kick in at once and you need to focus on not dying" highs :[

In the end I may keep these patches as a "Break In Case Of Withdrawal" kit with my left over subs, because it's better safe than sorry!

Thx guys!