• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to potentiate Percocet. Oved tried eggs and Tagamet

I'm no doctor but does a Benzo work to weaken the effects of opiates? It's not advice, I'm putting the question out there for those who know.

I'm no doctor but does a Benzo work to weaken the effects of opiates? It's not advice, I'm putting the question out there for those who know.
Benzos synergize with opioids and increase the effects, but most importantly increase the risk of respiratory depression

Benzos with opiates are known to increase the effects of dying, it's a good combination that a lot of people use to help them not be alive anymore.

Ahh I feel so lucky that I live in a country where they don't compound Oxycodone with Paracetamol. Here in the UK you get Oxycodone by its self in capsules and nothing else added, you can even empty the capsule and snort it as its a fine powder. It used to be called OxyNorm now its called Shortec.

EDIT: Combining Opioids and Benzos don't enhance each others pleasurable effects, they enhance the effects on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. The only effect you'll get is an enhanced 'nod' which can be dangerous!

Last edited:
I second that Evo (Hence my screenname ?) Some people don’t believe me when I say, they pack the magic dust direct into a capsule for our IR oxy ??.

Just for the record, certain Benzos can enhance the recreational efffects, and analgesia of some opiates. This stems not from the Adjacent receptor agonist, but some relevant suptypal calcium or sodium channel voltage gate action. Even more prevalent with the “Gabapentoids” Of which there is now an Oxycodone/Pregabalin joint preparation in clinical trial as we speak!!

I second that Evo (Hence my screenname ?) Some people don’t believe me when I say, they pack the magic dust direct into a capsule for our IR oxy ??.

Just for the record, certain Benzos can enhance the recreational efffects, and analgesia of some opiates. This stems not from the Adjacent receptor agonist, but some relevant suptypal calcium or sodium channel voltage gate action. Even more prevalent with the “Gabapentoids” Of which there is now an Oxycodone/Pregabalin joint preparation in clinical trial as we speak!!

I think Qdem Pharmaceuticals inadvertently made Shortec abusable lol. Simply empty the cap line up and snort, its that easy lol.

I'm prescribed Oxycodone and Pregabalin, its not a joint preparation tho, they're separate. I'm on 120mg Shortec daily (10mg cap + 20mg cap = 30mg 4x a day). I only take 100mg Pregabalin a day which I think is far too low a dose.

I take them for Neuropathy in my left arm and the Oxy+Pregab combo is great, I just think im on too low a dose of Pregabalin.

And to make things even worse.. over the past 48 hours I've developed Bell's Palsy!! The left hand-side of my head is completely numb, I haven't got the drooping face yet tho, hopefully I won't!!!

Yeah I think your right. Although if you watch the news cycle today, we (assuming you are UK too) are in trouble if the NHS start down the Yanks path of restriction. Proposed mega addiction labels as of tomorrow. You are better off keeping your Pregabalin low anyway. Use it to piggy back on your oxy. High doses become very strange very fast. Try low dose Phenibut even better. Do you take both at the same time or staggered?

Sure your bells will clear up if not get to a&e for reassurance.

I'm feeling cool like the Fonz. I searched this thread out because I was curious to read up on this combo of drug and yes the internet hysteria regarding "it'll kill you with one dose by causing immediate respiratory arrest on one's first try...please sign up for my overpriced in house treatment center for $10K a month USD. to stay in a hotel with a fitness room and an instructor that gets paid $20'/hour." First off, I'm not 80 years old with an 80 year old's heart and lungs' capacity. Second, I have a small RECENT and therefore RELEVANT tolerance to both.

I just took 2x 10mg Oxycontin branded IR spaced out an hour at a time snorted. Now I just took 2 x 2mg Clonazapam tablets orally. I had that Opiate anger/rage I get when the rush is real intense and now I'm just Cool like the Fonz. Had Caffinated drinks just recently. A coffee and then an English Breakfast Tea which should increase my heart rate a little bit right? Dangers of misinformation abounds in the desire to push/sell "treatment centers" by people with PHD's in the least respected field of speculative study call Psychiatry; the mind is still very much a mystery and all Psych drugs show through the scientific method that that are not statistically meaningful or to not achieve >P in terms of strong enough correlation for treatment of say severe depression such as SSRIs, Lithium; all of which have greater long-term damage which is very well documented. There is an anti Psychiatry movement within Psychiatry that is very strong in terms of argument. Remember, in all medical fields of study there usually isn't an anti-movement associated with that field of study. For example there is no Anti-Cardiology movement. Only Psychiatry has one or more such movements associated with it.

Last edited:
I'm feeling cool like the Fonz. I searched this thread out because I was curious to read up on this combo of drug and yes the internet hysteria regarding "it'll kill you with one dose by causing immediate respiratory arrest on one's first try...please sign up for my overpriced in house treatment center for $10K a month USD. to stay in a hotel with a fitness room and an instructor that gets paid $20'/hour." First off, I'm not 80 years old with an 80 year old's heart and lungs' capacity. Second, I have a small RECENT and therefore RELEVANT tolerance to both.

I just took 2x 10mg Oxycontin branded IR spaced out an hour at a time snorted. Now I just took 2 x 2mg Clonazapam tablets orally. I had that Opiate anger/rage I get when the rush is real intense and now I'm just Cool like the Fonz. Had Caffinated drinks just recently. A coffee and then an English Breakfast Tea which should increase my heart rate a little bit right? Dangers of misinformation abounds in the desire to push/sell "treatment centers" by people with PHD's in the least respected field of speculative study call Psychiatry; the mind is still very much a mystery and all Psych drugs show through the scientific method that that are not statistically meaningful or to not achieve >P in terms of strong enough correlation for treatment of say severe depression such as SSRIs, Lithium; all of which have greater long-term damage which is very well documented. There is an anti Psychiatry movement within Psychiatry that is very strong in terms of argument. Remember, in all medical fields of study there usually isn't an anti-movement associated with that field of study. For example there is no Anti-Cardiology movement. Only Psychiatry has one or more such movements associated with it.

Well said. The whole “opiates and benzos will cause you to stop breathing” has become too much of a scare tactic, in my opinion. Does it happen? Of course it does. But millions of people are prescribed both drugs together.

To me it’s like telling anyone thinking of drinking alcohol that alcohol is a poisonous toxin that can kill you. Technically it’s true. I just think people are taking it too far by immediately proclaiming that death is inevitable when combining opiates and benzos.

Well said. The whole “opiates and benzos will cause you to stop breathing” has become too much of a scare tactic, in my opinion. Does it happen? Of course it does. But millions of people are prescribed both drugs together.

To me it’s like telling anyone thinking of drinking alcohol that alcohol is a poisonous toxin that can kill you. Technically it’s true. I just think people are taking it too far by immediately proclaiming that death is inevitable when combining opiates and benzos.

The opioid benzodiazepine synergy is utilised by doctor and nurses for chronic pain treatment of their patient to an extent which is equal to or greater than antihistamines, anticholinergics, anti-convulsants and others. Alcohol, a caustic which destroys living systems (which is probably the reason yeast make it (to kill competitors and organisms which are a threat) mixed with just about anything can cause disaster, with vomitus aspiration being a very common feature in fatalities and protracted hospitalisations. Yeast are gangster for sure.

For drugs to synergise to slow breathing, they both need to have that effect to lesser or greater degrees on their own, do they not? Most or all of the benzodiazepines do not have it as a prominent effect. The reasons that the US CDC and European Medicines Agency have warned about mixing them has more to do with an increased danger of falls. Another minor but easy to prevent issue is anterograde amnesia contributing to people forgetting how much of the opioid they took and go to take more. As Mr MacFarlane of the Iran-Contra business found out to his dismay and chagrin, the only real way benzodiazepines in single-agent overdose can conceivably kill someone is to be run over by a lorry full of them or hit on the head in a warehouse by a pallet falling from a high rack. Maybe kilogramme quantities, you know, like some pyrethrins in common use are specially approved for commercial kitchen and food handling area use as their human LD₅₀ actually exceeds the body weight of the subject.

I have avoided them except using short and intermediate-acting ones with not quite as many active metabolites for stark insomnia, but when both the doctors and I had done our due diligence and come to the conclusion that I would be on opioids for the rest of my natural life, that put the kibosh on using them to potentiate opioids as far as I was concerned because I knew that there were things that could go pear-shaped on the supply side as I discovered during the disintegration of Yugoslavia, the 1998 ice storm, 14. August 2003 blackout, and 13. March 1989 blackout and common mode failure . . . I never developed the phobia about opioid withdrawal but I knew scientifically what can happen in benzodiazepine withdrawal, and the fact that some aspects can persist for decades and indeed when I had a baseline drug screen with GC/MS resolution before an opioid rotation it showed what in a work-related screen in the States would be a sub-threshold but definitely non-zero quantity of diazepam metabolites 11 years after the last ingestion, probably out into the bloodstream by burning off fat last-in-first-out that was accumulated back then.