• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best way to negate anxiety on comeup/beore I drop?

Mistasolodolo

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! Planning on solo rolling tonight, haven't rolled in about 5-6 months. I've rolled around 4-5 times alone, and plenty other times with friends at events etc.. Anyways, I have anxiety issues already (which I know drug usage does not help) and I tend to have very high anxiety the day I roll (before I drop) and the come up, is this normal?

I'm guessing this is mainly due to me not taking my Klonopin today (low .5mg-1mg dose daily) but is there anyways to help prepare myself for my roll? Last time I rolled I dropped 150mg at once.. my come up was very strong, I was pacing back and forth sweating, then right before it fully kicked in I had some mild shroom/acid like visuals for around 3 minutes..then it kicked in fully and I was in complete MDMA beautifulness.. is this normal as well? haha

Would it be advised to take a smaller dose say 100mg, then redose with another 50mg later? Or should I just be a man a take my normal 150mg? Thanks everyone!

Tl;DR Does anyone else have anxiety the day they're going to roll and/or the come up?

Last edited:
Well, for me at least, 150 mg is a super strong dose and isn't "normal". If you are having a bit of a rough comeup then maybe its a strong dose for you as well and you should start lower. 130 mg is a pretty good dose instead.

Its common for high MDMA doses to make you anxious. If you don't feel comfortable with it, then your best bet is to start lower.

Smoking some pot helps some people. I just have a single vodka drink, that helps me. I move to water after, of course.

^ weed helps most if you are used to it for sure. You wouldnt believe how powerful deep breathing is. You can breathe your way through anxiety. Sounds weird, but i assure you....... it works.

If you are thoroughly able to enjoy the effects of cannabis normally then yeah I think that's actually the best thing for an MDMA come-up. You're already altered so easing into another altered state doesn't bring so much turbulence and cannabis is better than alcohol or benzos for this because it will boost rather than hinder the effects of MDMA. Don't get too baked though or it can ruin the clarity of MDMA (save that for the come down). Thing is though it can also be the worst thing for it. Unless you feel no risk of increased anxiety from cannabis, have a high tolerance and are familiar with the strain/batch you'll be smoking, it might be best to avoid it. Generally avoid alcohol but one pint could potentially help if you like beer (though personally I never found it to work that great, I ended up needing more alcohol to keep the anxiety at bay and it always ended up being too much, ruining the MDMA effects). A small amount of valium or another benzo could potentially help but again too much will kill the effects too much, it'd be very much a balancing act (never tried this one personally). Non-drug options like breathing exercises and just generally keeping your mind occupied help a lot

Keep the fact that you're going to be doing/on a drug out of your head, and keep yourself busy.

I get pre dosing anxiety too, and comeups are intense for me. I get super anxious and shaky after dosing, but if I put my mind on something else it gets better.