• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to maximise experience with OTC codeine?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Live in UK/Republic of Ireland so 1.) doctors are reluctant to prescribe opiates as much as U.S. doctors (know there's a backlash from them but still think Europe is conservative in this regard) and 2.) I'm pretty sure that hydrocodone and other powerful opiate medicines aren't available here at all/very small quantities even if doctors wanted to prescribe them.

So, I'll have to do with Nurofen Plus which you have to play "20 Questions" to ask. To be fair, I've never been denied the sale of them. Each pill contains 12.8mg of codeine/200mg ibuprofen and you can buy a 12 or 24 pack, £5 and £10 respectively.

It's not a bad experience but people here have raised concerns over taking these long term in regards to stomach/digestive/kidney/liver issues and so always say yo should do a CWE. The last 4 times, I took a 24 pack in total over two days without this. I know I'm not superman but I have heard that ibuprofen is significantly less harmful than paracetamol for you in general. Don't even find that sh*t to work for anything. Worse than a placebo just increasing your chances of liver failure IMO but I do wonder whether it's worth consuming CWE codeine once in a while to give my stomach a break from developing potential ulcers.

I'll be getting some money and stocking up on codeine for now and a trip to U.S since OTC codeine isn't available there. My main question is how many packs should I buy and how can I maximise the effectiveness of the codeine. I read before my last use that citric acid helps the stomach break down and maybe it was because I also to took the tablets in the morning on an empty stomach first but 5 definitely gave me a quick buzz.

Are you using to get high or for genuine pain relief? If for genuine pain relief is it long term (accident for example)?

^Seconded. Is this for actual pain relief or just because you enjoy getting high on Opiates? I will give you the most realistic advice possible regardless.