• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives Best way to do Nitrous Oxide?

V00n

Greenlighter
I am fond of huffing Nitrous balloons. I live in a country where I can get huge treble-sized balloons in bars for about $4.

Now, in my experience (based on lengthy and expensive research!) the best feeling comes from taking a big lungful, and *gradually* exhaling a little, and inhaling a little air each time. Compared to this, the effect of pure NOS is nothing like as strong. Maybe this is why pregnant women are given Entonox as this gives the analgesia without the hypoxia.

However... add psychedelics and it's a whole different story. Suddenly NOS becomes the most powerful hit you can experience, weird visual distortions, time travel etc...

What's your preferred way to huff?

The highest i ever got on nos was in a dentist office actually when i was having a root canal. My dentist turned up the nos as high as it could go without cutting off oxygen. I had a full obe and saw myself through a window

I am fond of huffing Nitrous balloons. I live in a country where I can get huge treble-sized balloons in bars for about $4.

Now, in my experience (based on lengthy and expensive research!) the best feeling comes from taking a big lungful, and *gradually* exhaling a little, and inhaling a little air each time. Compared to this, the effect of pure NOS is nothing like as strong. Maybe this is why pregnant women are given Entonox as this gives the analgesia without the hypoxia.

However... add psychedelics and it's a whole different story. Suddenly NOS becomes the most powerful hit you can experience, weird visual distortions, time travel etc...

What country is this and when can I visit

The highest i ever got on nos was in a dentist office actually when i was having a root canal. My dentist turned up the nos as high as it could go without cutting off oxygen. I had a full obe and saw myself through a window
Same here. I was on 2 hits of acid I had taken 7 hours earlier. I could do that when I was younger. Take acid anywhere. But this day I had 3 root canals. Dentist tells me he is turning N2O up to max and I had headphones playing the Beatles on. But still tripping as the gas hits I felt like I was slipping away and dying. Then I just was. I saw pretty clearly my consciousness was eternal and if I was not on LSD and N2O I would call it an NDE. But because I was on those substances I am hesitant. Although on nderf.org there are plenty of stories like that. If it were me I would remove them from NDE sights. But I totally had an NDE and popped out of my body that day. Sat in a chair with max N2O for 2 1/2 - 3 hours to get that work done. Listened to a ton of music.

I might have posted this. That same night I went back to work at our family gas station (Texaco) off 1-10 in Houston. Me and another guy closed the store at 9:00PM. But the guy I work with had a date and I told him he could leave at 7:00PM. I could tend to the cars. But as soon as he left about 100 motorcycles rolled in. It was the Banditos. A bad ass biker group in Texas. They stayed about an hour, each guy filling up his bike (about $3.00 for that back then). Each one peacefully paying and waiting in line. I was still high as a kite but I took some codeine the dentist gave me and that took the edge off. The night went smooth, had a few laughs with the group. Then I closed the store. But yeah, what a day. An NDE and taking care of 100 Banditos fill up their tank. Long day. But wow. Lots of stories of who rolled into that gas station

Same here. I was on 2 hits of acid I had taken 7 hours earlier. I could do that when I was younger. Take acid anywhere. But this day I had 3 root canals. Dentist tells me he is turning N2O up to max and I had headphones playing the Beatles on. But still tripping as the gas hits I felt like I was slipping away and dying. Then I just was. I saw pretty clearly my consciousness was eternal and if I was not on LSD and N2O I would call it an NDE. But because I was on those substances I am hesitant. Although on nderf.org there are plenty of stories like that. If it were me I would remove them from NDE sights. But I totally had an NDE and popped out of my body that day. Sat in a chair with max N2O for 2 1/2 - 3 hours to get that work done. Listened to a ton of music.

I might have posted this. That same night I went back to work at our family gas station (Texaco) off 1-10 in Houston. Me and another guy closed the store at 9:00PM. But the guy I work with had a date and I told him he could leave at 7:00PM. I could tend to the cars. But as soon as he left about 100 motorcycles rolled in. It was the Banditos. A bad ass biker group in Texas. They stayed about an hour, each guy filling up his bike (about $3.00 for that back then). Each one peacefully paying and waiting in line. I was still high as a kite but I took some codeine the dentist gave me and that took the edge off. The night went smooth, had a few laughs with the group. Then I closed the store. But yeah, what a day. An NDE and taking care of 100 Banditos fill up their tank. Long day. But wow. Lots of stories of who rolled into that gas station
Can't imagine going to the dentist tripping, but with the NOS and music it was probably almost pleasant from what you say.

I've never had an NDE on NOS but I've had plenty on ketamine, or ket + acid..

Can't imagine going to the dentist tripping, but with the NOS and music it was probably almost pleasant from what you say.

I've never had an NDE on NOS but I've had plenty on ketamine, or ket + acid..
I can not imagine that now either. When I was younger I had a load of acid. A Dead Head with friends in San Francisco so I always had a lot and could trip in any circumstance. Now the set and setting has to be perfect, which may come once in a year or two. lol Not sure how I did that when I was younger. These days if I trip and the phone rings I jump out of my skin.

Yup, I can see an NDE with those combos too. Funny how some of us had them on substances but don't go around announcing it on an NDE sight. (at least I would not) It still a drug experience in my mind and pretty much the only NDE stories I find fascinating is the ones where a person was actually dead. Trapped under water for 10-15 mintutes. Someone who does not take acid. LOL

These days if I trip and the phone rings I jump out of my skin.
I unplug it and turn off my cellphone. Or just trip out in the countryside on a hot day, headphones, weed..

Yup, I can see an NDE with those combos too. Funny how some of us had them on substances but don't go around announcing it on an NDE sight. (at least I would not) It still a drug experience in my mind and pretty much the only NDE stories I find fascinating is the ones where a person was actually dead. Trapped under water for 10-15 mintutes. Someone who does not take acid. LOL
Yes, those stories are extra fascinating. Why do some die after 3 minutes under while others live on for 20 minutes and seem to make an almost full recovery.

Nitrous at the dentist is good because they mix oxygen with it and you are doing it constantly. I achieve much the same result by adding O2 to my nitrous rig.
rig%202023-e.JPG

Nitrous at the dentist is good because they mix oxygen with it and you are doing it constantly. I achieve much the same result by adding O2 to my nitrous rig.
rig%202023-e.JPG

Is this a difficult thing to do? Did you have to buy an extra oxygen tank to hook up to the rig?

I love nitrous but I've never used these kinds of rigs. I've been given the NO2/Oxygen mix at the dentist, but on my own I have only used balloons with a whip cream dispenser or a cracker. How is using a tank (even WITHOUT oxygen, but also with) different in terms of the experience? And when I ask that I'm not only asking if it feels different when mixed with oxygen, but also whether or not using a nitrous tank (both by itself and in combination with oxygen like you did) with balloons is much easier than regular cartridges, and how overall the thing handles when you are using it.

Also, when you make your nitrous/oxygen mix do you put it in balloons and, if not, how do you inhale it?

Last edited:
I have been doing this stuff for 40 years and never fooled with balloons other than an early rig where I used a balloon as a regulator. It is always straight out of the hose.,
gas.jpg

I have been doing this stuff for 40 years and never fooled with balloons other than an early rig where I used a balloon as a regulator. It is always straight out of the hose.,
gas.jpg
Ok, but would you mind going through instructions on how you make your set up? And how much does everything there cost?

The current rig that I use with carts is an Ico soda bottle, a toggle clamp with a PVC cap to hold the cart and the "D" pull on the toggle clamp is replaced by a regular bolt. The filter came from Northern Tool and I put a handful of oil absorber in it. The rest is just hoses and a base to hold everything. The Ico bottle itself will last for many thousands of carts but the little plastic handle breaks right away. I made a replacement from 5/16" bar stock, bent and the tip ground to match the plastic one. The only trick is getting the pin out. You can just use inertia. Bang it on the edge of a table with the pin down and it will come out far enough to grab with pliers. I found a brazing rod the same size to use as an easily removable pin while I was testing my grind.

ICO%20repair.jpg

The oxygen feed is a regulator on a medical oxygen bottle (medicare buys them for us). I drilled and tapped a 1/8" NPT hole in the bottom of the Ico bottle and put in a hose barb. This is not the regular medical regulator tho. It is more like one on a Prestolite welding torch rig that allows greater flow. I run 10 PSI.

Does anyone else just huff the basic nitrous you find in bars in SE Asia?

I find I get wildly different effects everywhere I try.

Lets assume a very infrequent user. Otherwise we would have to go garywhite style. Filtering. I know people who consumed loads without knowing of the residue nor Vitamine B12 deficiency.

Take a large balloon load up 2 maybe 3 of those "toggle's" lie down, lower your breath heartrate will follow. Inhale but always finish with some air. Otherwise your basickly are depriving yourself of Oxygen. And why I don't know but breathing N2O feels like normal air. Do it long enoung and you depriving your brain and body of Oxygen. So I guess breaks are good two.

For the advanced Nitrous is basickly to short and causes amnesia. Adding it to a psychedelic somewhere in the trip prolongs it and somehow also makes it more lucid imo.

assuming you have only a cracker and carts is there a way to introduce oxygen/minimize harmful effects. Shoot I haven't done whipits in many years but I was unaware of the oxygen mixture being so important to the buzz. As mentioned unless already tripping not really worth the pain in the ass IME.

Q to the young ladies with the larger tank, how does that work? I ask because I see the large tanks like that being sold at a local headshop and thought huh; looks interesting but how n02 get to mouth? Figured they woudn't like that question so I muted my curiosity..

Probably just purchase a standard gas tank regulator set, high pressure for out of the tank to a low pressure for the hose output