• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to deal with higher dose anxious comeups?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
During comeups on higher doses of LSD and other psychedelics, I normally (most times) get a very uncomfortable anxiety, almost like I'm being held underwater and gasping for air, and this can sometimes turn into panic attacks. It does seem to get better come the peak, but it's hard to deal with, and can lead to some serious time loops. I have come to simply accept it as part of the trip at this point, and so I deal with it, get over it and get on with the trip. I have my own methods, but just out of curiosity, what do you guys find is the best way to get through/deal with anxious or unpleasant comeups?

Pay attention to your breathing, breath deeply and slowly. Fill your lungs as much as you can, hold it for a few seconds, and exhale slowly, letting your exhale last about twice as long as your inhale. Repeat.

For LSD scattering your dose helped a lot for me. I used to rip my blotters in half and take the second half 30-60 minutes after I'd taken the first one. It makes for a slightly less intense trip than you'd get from taking the whole thing at once, but it's much smoother and easier to handle. Drinking one or two beers before dropping the acid also helped a great deal! For mushrooms I recommend making tea and adding lemon juice. It removes a lot of the bodily discomfort from higher dose comeups and in turn helps to lessen anxiety. The fast comeup on mushrooms is actually easier for me to deal with than the slow come up of LSD or mescaline. It happens so fast you don't have time to get worried about little things.

Comeup anxiety is also very related to setting. Apart from the above suggestions, for me the biggest difference came from a change of perspective on psychedelics. I always nervous about taking them as part of me was scared of what was going to happen. Now I tell myself it's going to be great fun and I'm going to have an excellent day and look towards tripping with great anticipation. Since then I don't have much of a problem with anxious comeups anymore.

I get this sometimes... There is a point, between wanting to take the psychedelic.. the anticipation of Taking it, and then the coming on to it anxiety... I get It too. The body & mind knowing whats about to happen... But from experience and knowing how awesome it can become all ways helps.

Once i settle into it, it is always a great experience for me... still; it seems, having your reality drastically, suddenly dis-corporate... so to speak.. is your reality trying to trick you via these fear thoughts makes me want to not take it... so

I just take a puff or two of cannabis to ease me into the trip and sometimes i take a hit of N 20...
My set and setting always helps too (important) the ritual i use for myself a few hours before i decide to take it... helps..

The anticipation has never gone away for me and many others i know...

Staggering the dose is a very effective way of minimising comeup discomfort. Use scissors to divide the tab and take it over the course of half an hour. Even 2x0.5 doses 15 minutes apart makes a good difference.

Meditation before and during the come up.It works and will prevent a bad trip as well.I have never had a bad trip and have been tripping and meditating for over 40 years.It's the most important tool in the psychedelic toolkit.

Meditation indeed. ALthough if you haven't begun this journey it might be difficult to engage in meditation the first timle during an intense comeup.

Something anyone can do is the most basic yoga posture, called "corpse pose". Lay there for 5-20minutes paying attention to breath and mindfully "relaxing" your muscles and you'll feel reborn.

Another one for meditation, if you're planning to use psychedelics more than a few times you better learn how to find your calm centre, also if you've taken a decent dose the comeup is supposed to make you uncomfortable for at least a few seconds

LSD can actually teach you meditation as it can teach you to stay as the eye of the storm or get spun out into delusions and fearful states, of course it's better to have already learned how to do that before tripping so you don't unecessarily have to spend time getting spun out like that

Meditation could definitely be helpful, when I'm coming up on really heavy doses I go into a pretty meditative state anyways, in a sense, like I don't "get stuck" by any of the strange things going through my head...I've rarely had anxiety issues coming up on heavy doses though, usually my headspace is pretty neutral, then starts getting more euphoric the higher I climb. Some advice I can give is just hold on until you peak, let the thoughts & feelings flow through you, but don't let them take control. As well, have a positive, excited mindset before the trip.