• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

best way to collect tar residue from platic bags for IV use?

Teonanactylln'

Bluelighter
I have a few bags that have tar residue left over, and I'll be out of everything else tomorrow. Every time I've tried this I end up feeling like I've lost more than I've gained and end up with wasted drops everywhere that can't be collected on a cotton for one reason or another. Most of the bags are corners of sandwich bags that have that little folded part that always seems to collect stuff that I can't get to.

Does anyone have a tried and true method that works for them?

i would make sure that the tar residual is room temp, not warm and mushy, then use more tar to unstick it.

if its on plastic, i soak all the plastic in water then that a cotton to wipe the plastic after taking it out of the water, which i would then cook and filter and shoot or sniff

idk about sandwich bags, but mine are squares of plastic cut from a grocery bag and what works surprisingly well is pulling the piece tight with the dried tar facing the foil or spoon or whatever and scratching on the back of it with your finger. Most falls off right away. You could also try sliding a knife or razor blade along it, or getting a cotton wet and rubbing it on the tar to try and soak it up.

Unfortunately, I don't really want to use the little bit I left left to pick up the remainder... I'm not all that used to tar, and I'd often work with empty wax bags and used cotton for a taper that made the wd's bearable back east...
sounds like great advice for future excursions, but for the moment, I'm looking at about 12-18 hrs before I can't handle fine detail work like trying to collect it on my mixing surface with a finger... it's not all that old - less than a week at the oldest all the way through bags that were only opened today.

As far as the comparison between shopping bags and sandwich bags, just imagine the same scenario but 1000's of times smaller. Warmed and reheated tar sinks into crevasses you wouldn't think were even there. The drier stuff can be picked out w/a knife blade, but gooey stuff is getting me frustrated.

Anyone from the bay, feel free to chime in.

edit:
I'm sorry if I didn't acknowledge my appreciation to you both for chiming in. Thanx for the help.

Last edited:
What i would do is just get my water in the syringe, and spray on the bag where the tar is. let it chill for a sec and absorb the diamorph... then put it in spoon or transfer to next bag to get more concentrated and just keep repeating. Then get a dry piece of cotton and get any extra redisue of water/h mix in there, throw in spoon and proceed as you will.

are you saying that the total dissolution of the solid isn't necessary?
I'm confused, I think...
How do you agitate the folded corner of the bag (where the dope is trapped) to dissolve the solid, and once you do that how do you collect it all? The creases from the knot make the process difficult, and the creases stretch all the way to the (folded) corner?

the best way to clean your bags is to take a piece of granite tile (or something similar, it has to be a completely smooth surface), cut the sides of your bags, then press the bag against the tile. all of the dope should come right off the bag and stick to the tile. then just use a razor blade and scrape it off the tile. my dealer used to give me his old bags and i would probably get a gram of residue off of a sandwich-size ziplock bag. it is seriously the best method ever. my sister and i discovered this technique by mistake... ha

Over several years of fiendish heroin use, I have come up with many techniques that could very well solve your problem. Unfortunately they are not entirely safe in my opinion as far as harm reduction goes. There isnt an easy way to extract the residue while keeping it as sterile as possible(not that the baggies are sterile either).

So, in the interest of harm reduciton, my advice to you is to simply do your best to "shake" the shit out of the bags, or something similar, and then mix whatever you get with water and shoot away. All the other techniques I know involve metal razors, soaking things in warm water...etc....basically, they have great potential to become breeding grounds for bacteria....not something you should be injecting into your veins.

But since your probably going to do whatever is necessary to get ALL the drugs out of those bags anyway( i know how it is, i used to be an addict just like you)....just please be safe as possible. It is extremely easy to make an allready un-sterile solution into a breeding ground for diseases. And blood-born diseases kill faster than most others. Micron filter if you have the equipment. Otherwise, I honestly would reccomend that you make sure to cook the solution in a spoon before you inject it....CaptainHeroin has told me that you should NEVER cook your heroin as it dissolves more cut, but in this scenario, I think you have tar like heroin which more than likely has less cut in it(maybe not who knows) and I think it would be safer for you to destroy as much bacteria as possible before putting somethign into your veins. Maybe you allready cook your dope, I dont know, but just in case you dont, I think you should.

this is just the best advice I can give from my experience....take it or leave it...hopefully somebody else has a better solution for you.

I used to try this with bags(powder) when desperate and I always found it was not even worth the effort. I would spend an hour trying to get every last little piece out from all the emptys tyring to scrape enought to just feel it or something but after an hour of fucking with those foils I would never even feel the shot cause the amount was just so little. Even when the bags look like they have a lot it wouldn't amount to shit after scraping off a shit ton of them. I'm too anal about getting all the dope out of the bag when I first shoot them so that also leads to less on the bags. IT might be different for tar though. I also tried the method of soaking it up with a wet but not too wet piece of cotton. Honestly the only way I ever got a decent hit from leftovers was from saving a lot of used cottons and doing a cotton shot, thats the only time I bother scraping bags is to try to add a little bit to a cotton shot.

Yea I was gonna mention the whole cotton shot thing too. I would use a new cotton every time i shot up, and I would specifically leave a little "juice" in each one for later....save them up, and when I ran out of dope, a few cottons mixed with some water in a cooker sometimes made a nice big dark shot. Sometimes it would feel like I was shooting up 40$ worth of brown.

but, this is extremely dangerous for many reasons.....the cottons grow bacteria over time, and can easily cause cotton fever if you reuse them to shoot up a "cotton shot". So, for harm reduction's sake....i would have to say that its NOT a good idea to do cotton shots. Its jsut not good advice.

Yeah, while i totally understand the idea of not wanting to "waste" any precious tar, when you get to the point where you are literally scraping the bottom of the barrel rather than just buying more, you should be realizing the drugs are starting to win.

And you DO NOT want the drugs to win.

slide a smooth but sharp blade across the surface of the plastic using your hand to cup the plastic you're holding... don't cut yourself ;)

Yeah, while i totally understand the idea of not wanting to "waste" any precious tar, when you get to the point where you are literally scraping the bottom of the barrel rather than just buying more, you should be realizing the drugs are starting to win.

And you DO NOT want the drugs to win.

I'm guessing you haven't done much heroin...

If you do a bit of heroin for a couple days, it's already got you. For this little binge, It was about 3 grams total over the span of a week. The reason for saving the bags and using the residue at the end is so I won't have to go buy more. If I didn't I'd be sick, and I'd HAVE to buy more. If you don't taper off at the end, you're pretty much hating life.

thanks to you all, the tile idea is great.

Yea I was gonna mention the whole cotton shot thing too. I would use a new cotton every time i shot up, and I would specifically leave a little "juice" in each one for later....save them up, and when I ran out of dope, a few cottons mixed with some water in a cooker sometimes made a nice big dark shot. Sometimes it would feel like I was shooting up 40$ worth of brown.

but, this is extremely dangerous for many reasons.....the cottons grow bacteria over time, and can easily cause cotton fever if you reuse them to shoot up a "cotton shot". So, for harm reduction's sake....i would have to say that its NOT a good idea to do cotton shots. Its jsut not good advice.

in a cooker? How did you do that?

I have a few bags that have tar residue left over, and I'll be out of everything else tomorrow. Every time I've tried this I end up feeling like I've lost more than I've gained and end up with wasted drops everywhere that can't be collected on a cotton for one reason or another. Most of the bags are corners of sandwich bags that have that little folded part that always seems to collect stuff that I can't get to.Does anyone have a tried and true method that works for them?
Here is a tried and true method:Get a syringe. Not the need kind. The kind that comes with like childrens tylenol. For taking regular medicines. Take your plastic baggies, put them inside, and push the stopper all the way down.Now throw 1 cc into a spoon. Boil it first (you should be doing this anyway) so its nice and warm. Maybe let it cool slightly, but it works best when the water is hot.Put the syringe into the spoon suck up the water in the bags. Now push it back out. Do this a few times. Shake it around (with your thumb covering the tip).The bags will be pristine clean and you should get some nice brown water. Enjoy.

Turn inside out. Put sticky side on spoon. Use your finger to press it down very well. This warms it up and then after a few seconds you quickly rip the plastic off and it leaves your tar. If any stayed do it again until it's all good