L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Best way to approach festival situation with girlfriend who doesn't do drugs

LoadsofMDMA

Greenlighter
I have been with my girlfriend now for 4 months,(shes 25 im 22) we are gonna be going to at least 2 music festivals this summer. I usually get high on various substances when out on nights out or at festivals, however she does not do drugs or smoke. She is a mental health nurse (working with drug addicted youth and adults, and working with orphans due to drug addicted parents), and has been exposed to the damage of drug addiction in her close family, so she has only seen the nasty side of the drug world. She has done pills at a festival when she was 18 but in general she's not a fan at all. I want to discuss on here the best way for me to get high at these festivals without it doing her head in.

We met at a festival and SWIM was selling mdma at the time, so she knows full well that I like to get high. One worry is that she broke up with her last boyfriend at a festival, partially due to him being ketted up all weekend, seeing him all drugged up weirded her out . Something else that plays on my mind was that the downfall of my last relationship was partially because I got high at a festival, and had a big falling out with my gf at the time, which was one of the reasons we broke up.

My current girl is an amazing woman and I don't want to give her any reason to want to break up, at the same time I know I will be wanting to do gear at the festivals this summer (if I don't I will feel like I have missed out), and I know that even a small amount can weird her out.

What is the best way for me to go about this guys and girls ??

Last edited:
If she means a lot to you just don't do it. Yeah it sucks but it's one weekend. Is it really worth it? Or go with someone else.

Be honest with her, tell her that festival season is coming up and ask her if she would have a problem with you taking drugs. It is only fair that you understand if she does not take drugs that she may need extra attention when at the festival (she may not find dancing for hours that entertaining) so vary the styles of music, the areas and don't forget that she may want to have a sit and chat or break for food and sleep.

It really depends on your relationship - she may just find it easier not to go and let you blow off steam, she may go but suggest going with other friends so your not together for the full thing.

I agree with bearlove, just tell her you want to enjoy the festival under the influence, then make sure she still has the time of her life. If this means taking slightly less than you would normally so be it.

I agree with the previous sentiments. Don't do as much drugs as you would normally do. Prove to her that you can control yourself on drugs.

I definitely think you should talk to her beforehand about it and see how she feels about it. If she's really against the idea, you may be left to decide which is more important to you, your relationship, or getting high. A little different but my husband is also anti drugs and works in the field, I was totally clean and sober when we got together and remained to for many years, but after a hard time I started using again and it caused so many problems. But I am an addict so using daily at home work/etc, not just for fun at festivals occasionally. I definitely think you can't go wrong if you talk about it before and make your decision from there. Drugs are definurely worth giving up for the right person but then again she ma be fine with it. Good luck.