• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best Tryptamine with the least distortion?

Probably not so much: usually poor / blurry eyesight comes from changes in the anatomy of the eye that lead to the image being focused in front of or behind the retina instead of nicely on it.

The increase in acuity psilocin etc are known for are expected to come from change in how your eyesight is processed as visual perception - so more like software than hardware considering psychedelics primarily act on the brain and not the eyes (yeah cannabinoids can affect ocular pressure I think but not really relevant).

If the eye does not focus well there is lacking detail information, and sharpening and crisping it up in after-processing won't give you back the loss just like photoshopping a quite blurry image will have limited results compared to the 'original'. Data may be filled in and averaged. Actually not only photoshop often works that way, but our visual information circuits also apply 'averaging'. Maybe if eyesight problems are so mild that enhancement can compensate, then perhaps to some extent it may look sharper... but I'd mostly say that psilocin will make objects and colors pop out more clearly, and if your eyes miss detail information that e.g. on an eye chart is needed to see the difference between two very similar looking letters, then it does not help if your visual processing is 'guessing' / averaging, it would still be guessing that a sober blurry-sighted person may do consciously.

Native tribesmen would use this advantage in hunting because in the visual mess of a jungle it can be of great help if an animal pops out more - but I wonder if it works for everything and if it would work just as well with an eye chart. I'm convinced this enhancement works particularly well to hyper-detect some things like animals, faces etc - better I guess than symbols maybe. Because we have specialized brain regions that help us detect some things, we have evolved to be especially excellent at a number of particular things that have given us advantage for a long time like detecting animals present. Faces / social detection would have evolved later, and language even later.

And there is always the matter of dosage before distortion overshadows increase in acuity, functionally speaking, I wonder if with symbols too high a dose can more easily become a problem due to hypersuggestibility and hyperinterpretation of what exact symbol you might be seeing.
With noticing an animal in the jungle, I imagine it is less relevant if it gets distorted a bit - it should still help detect.

Maybe the ophthalmologist version of native tribesmen would test your eyesight during a hunt in the jungle, and would say that yes mushrooms help/cure your eyesight, but our western ophthalmologist with his eye chart may say they do not... For those reasons ^

That is an interesting application to this, if anyone hunts, it could really help them spot animals a lot quicker. Or if anyone is wandering in the forest, they might be able to spot bears or wolves quicker and be able to evade them quicker than someone without this chem.

However, could these substances cause HPPD?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

I'm mainly thinking that it could because of distortions in vision, but is the chance for HPPD very small from low doses of less intense chemicals from the 5-meo group?

5-MeO-MiPT in low enough doses can be fairly enjoyable. And not a tryptamine, yet a "Nootropic" dose of 2C-D may also fit the bill.

The visuals will not make being in public difficult, the mindfuck will.

I base this on my experiences with 25c-nbome vs say LSD.

A 1-2mg dose of 25c is more strongly visual then an average dose of LSD you would take if not looking to be floored.

However, 25c leaves most thinking faculties relatively intact. 3 summers ago I did hundreds of tabs of 25c and the only situation that would give me pause with this drug would be work, church, family gatherings etc. Basically events you really shouldn't be high. Walking around in public? Why not.

LSD on the other hand can leave you confused and baffled. It kind of sucks in an urban or semi-urban environment. The only "public" places I would drop acid would be the woods, state park, festivals where everyone is high. Actually, I would do a hit or two in public but I tend to drop 10 strips.

The best trippy drugs to use in public are dissociatives. Better than weed even, and I don't roll often (like 3 times a year.)

Smoke some dust, bump K drink tussin and you will have no fear. Some, such as myself even get superpowers. Unfortunately this can lead me to misbehave at times, most recently walking down the street yelling at cars and people "I'm THE DISCO GODFATHER BITCH" and other inane shit.

Unless you take a huge dose of something with strong visual/auditory effects they wont be too strong to be in public. In fact the mental component is much more likely to make you too confused to be outside. Taking a 100 ug eth-lad and 125 ug ald-52 produces strong and pretty visuals but they are still far from incapacitating. Same goes for 300 ug al-lad or 25 mg 4-ho-met or 100 mg 5-mapb/20 mg 2-fma/25 mg 4-ho-met, 25 mg 4-aco-dmt, 20 mg 2c-e, .... with the right lighting aka night you can even pass for sober at these doses (or at least I can). You really need huge doses for the visual/auditory effects to be strong enough to incapacitate you. And even then it's often the mental effects that make it too hard to be in public.

Now dissos are much better at incapacitating you..... and even if they don't will still make you (well me) appear intoxicated much sooner since they cause obvius changes in gait, speech (problems with expressing your thoughts, slurred speech, , .... ), memory problems, weird thoughts, ....

The best trippy drugs to use in public are dissociatives. Better than weed even, and I don't roll often (like 3 times a year.)

Smoke some dust, bump K drink tussin and you will have no fear. Some, such as myself even get superpowers. Unfortunately this can lead me to misbehave at times, most recently walking down the street yelling at cars and people "I'm THE DISCO GODFATHER BITCH" and other inane shit.

While this is enjoyable for many, it's also quite noticeable.

That is an interesting application to this, if anyone hunts, it could really help them spot animals a lot quicker. Or if anyone is wandering in the forest, they might be able to spot bears or wolves quicker and be able to evade them quicker than someone without this chem.

However, could these substances cause HPPD?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

I'm mainly thinking that it could because of distortions in vision, but is the chance for HPPD very small from low doses of less intense chemicals from the 5-meo group?

Assume that all psychedelics can cause HPPD, even with cannabis you can get HPPD but it is rare. It's not well understood what factors in most with HPPD, but especially since it can result from drugs acting on quite different neurotransmitter systems, it wouldn't be strange to assume that it must be associated with any drug affecting perception, but the chances should be quite higher for psychedelics that are actually more visually active.

So: we don't know, but I agree.. I think that 5-MeO tryptamines being less visual also have lower incidence of HPPD. 2C-I and NBOMe's are thought to be particularly HPPD-liable.

Dissociatives seem like a strange suggestion because they can fuck with your head so much, and I thought it was established that this must not be underestimated compared to visuals which are in themselves non-threatening. Actually what I thought tripping would be like before I ever did it, was what many people think: seeing cartoons and other wacky stuff, disregarding the actual psychological trip.
Additionally, drugs like DXM or K can mess with your gait among other things so yes it will become very apparent to others that you used something when you are 'robo-walking'. Something like 3-MeO-PCP can feel godly / hypomanic and functional, especially dosed low. But it is especially not for the faint of heart and mind...

Last edited:
I'm fairly experienced in 5-MeO-DALT; I'd consider it akin to a kind of hedonistic, tryptamine headspace. Slightly speedy and nice gentle auditory/visual enhancement, rather than outright alteration. Your thought process remains pretty much intact.

I've taken higher doses, in the form of smoking it, and you're basically instantly fucked for a minute or so (probably less), before going pretty much back to baseline. You don't really know what's going on, but it's certainly more of an MDMA type of thing than temporarily losing it on say DMT/DPT/salvia and the likes. No intense revelations/other dimensions/elves etc. Just kind of fun psychedelic nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised if people dislike this comparison, but I'd liken it to a clean tryptamine MDMA; more intelligent, older, wiser, cleaner; but still fun and up for some hedonism, with a tendency to put you in a kind of messy headspace in higher doses.

I love it.

Last edited:
Assume that all psychedelics can cause HPPD, even with cannabis you can get HPPD but it is rare. It's not well understood what factors in most with HPPD, but especially since it can result from drugs acting on quite different neurotransmitter systems, it wouldn't be strange to assume that it must be associated with any drug affecting perception, but the chances should be quite higher for psychedelics that are actually more visually active.

So: we don't know, but I agree.. I think that 5-MeO tryptamines being less visual also have lower incidence of HPPD. 2C-I and NBOMe's are thought to be particularly HPPD-liable.

Dissociatives seem like a strange suggestion because they can fuck with your head so much, and I thought it was established that this must not be underestimated compared to visuals which are in themselves non-threatening. Actually what I thought tripping would be like before I ever did it, was what many people think: seeing cartoons and other wacky stuff, disregarding the actual psychological trip.
Additionally, drugs like DXM or K can mess with your gait among other things so yes it will become very apparent to others that you used something when you are 'robo-walking'. Something like 3-MeO-PCP can feel godly / hypomanic and functional, especially dosed low. But it is especially not for the faint of heart and mind...

To be fair the more visual psys can make you see very very weird stuff. Especially in high doses, but if you are lucky even medium doses are enough. I can safely say that I have seen many things beyond wacky with al-lad, eth-lad, eth-lad + ald-52, 2c-e (14 mg was once enough to make me unable to see without rapidly moving my head around and impossible to take a benzo since there was no way for me to read what was on the box of pills..... 2 beers and a few shots got rid of the stimulation and made the rest of the trip very nice, 2c-p, 2c-t-7, 4-ho-met, 4-aco-dmt, 25c-nboh, 25i-nboh, large doses of 2c-c, 1p-eth-lad, and some very exotic ones that I can't say more about. On the other hand lsd, 1p-lsd, ald-52, 5-meo-mipt, 5-meo-dalt, 5-meo-dmt, 2c-b-an, 2c-b-fly, dalt, mcpt, 5-meo-dibf, escaline, bk-2c-b, lsz, ... weren't that visual and 5-meo-dalt, dalt, mcpt and bk-2c-b were either inactive or barely active (although dalt and mcpt are probably at least partially my fault since I should have either vaped the freebase or taken them with a maoi. I've only really had strong auditory distortions from 2c-e and I've never seen eyes/faces on random objects from anything. 2c-d, doc, 5-meo-dibf were somewhere in between And I had real oevs from dissos only from vaped o-pce.... (choppy and blurry vision and holes are a different thing, but vaped o-pce produced visuals that could easily be seen as psy visuals. And while these aren't psys, 5+6 apb also gave me strong visuals, 5-mapb only did it a few times as did high dose of mdai. MDMA, bk-mdma, 5-apdb and 6-apdb weren't visual. Oh a large dose of ghb made me see cartoon characters once.

I think the mental effects aren't talked about much because they are too hard to describe in words, especially to someone who has never tried psys.

Yes the changed gait is way too obvious to miss, not to mention that higher doses lead to some very weird thoughts and make speech hard... talking about feeling like a good, low dose 3-meo dissos + a-pvp make cocaine look like shit.

And movies + medium doses of mxe/o-pce/dck make you feel as a part of the movie.
I'm fairly experienced in 5-MeO-DALT; I'd consider it akin to a kind of hedonistic, tryptamine headspace. Slightly speedy and nice gentle auditory/visual enhancement, rather than outright alteration. Your thought process remains pretty much intact.

I've taken higher doses, in the form of smoking it, and you're basically instantly fucked for a minute or so (probably less), before going pretty much back to baseline. You don't really know what's going on, but it's certainly more of an MDMA type of thing than temporarily losing it on say DMT/DPT/salvia and the likes. No intense revelations/other dimensions/elves etc. Just kind of fun psychedelic nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised if people dislike this comparison, but I'd liken it to a clean tryptamine MDMA; more intelligent, older, wiser, cleaner; but still fun and up for some hedonism, with a tendency to put you in a kind of messy headspace in higher doses.

I love it.
I've only tried it a few times and all I got was nausea, slight anxiety, some shitty stimulation (I hate stimulation from psys), and slight swirling in my peripheral vision (and even that lacked any color enchantment) This kinda dissuaded me from trying higher doses. Had enough of the stimulation and anxiety (the nausea was gone by then) about half way in and took care of it with some ghb.

Vaping 2c-p/2c-t-7 is also instant, extremely pretty and reduces the duration (especially important for 2c-p). The speed makes dosing much easier too. But it is disgusting.

Honestly I'm a sucker for visuals and hate stimulation from psys so I doubt I'll ever like 5-meo-trypts..... and none of the psys that are supposedly mdmaish ever felt like that to me. Only 5-mapb is mdmaish (especially combined with 2-fma and 4-ho-met (although I always take less 2-fma than is usually suggested and much more 4-ho-met.... 25 mg + since if the trees aren't dancing then it's a waste)).