• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Best study aid?

kakti

Bluelighter
Sorry in advance if this isn't the proper subforum, I wasn't sure where to put this.

So my girlfriend has taken an extremely difficult Securities exam for her company 3 times now and gotten about 60% each time. She has studied the book front to back 3 times now, and is in the process of her 4th try. What do you guys think would be the best study aid to help her in motivation and retention? The parameters would be something that's not necessarily (or not at all) euphoric, and something that lasts in the 6-10 hour range.

So far I've assembled this list of possibilities but some I know (desoxy) last way too long. Maybe if she took 1/4 of the regular "party dose" would it last only 12 hours? I haven't tried any of these except mdpv, so would like any input anyone has regarding the best study aid. MDPV seemed too short acting in the very low oral doses I tried, and produced a bit more euphoria than would be conducive to studying.

In highschool and college she successfully used d-amphetamine to study, but no access to that anymore :/

Feel free to add anything that I don't have listed, although these are really my options at this point. I know a bunch of people will say modafinil but it's Rx here and would be difficult to obtain.

3-FMC
4-FMC
any of the Cathinones
Desoxypipradrol
Diclofensine
MDAI
MDPV

Thanks in advance.

Piracetam + a sub-recreational dose of some 2C (except 2C-I, she'll have too much energy) is the safest option imo. Otherwise, I'd say desoxy should work just fine.

Piracetam/other racetams+cholinesterase inhibitor for several days to a week prior to the exam, perhaps either huperzine A, which works fantastically for me, or galantamine, which has additional nicotinic effects which act synergistically with the acetylcholinesterase blocking activity.

Haven't yet tried any myself, but I hear really good things of some of the AMPAkines also.

As far as stimulants go, I would keep it low dose, whatever you choose, MDPV ( I love a product called 'ivory wave' for studying, which is apparently a mixture of MDPV and pentylone, although with those damn branded products that may or may not be so, and there are several different batches out etc)

Repeated insufflated LOW dose (2-4mg as needed) might just do the trick and solve the short acting problem, or soak it into rapidly dissolving candies like love hearts or something that could be munched without suspicion :D

@ atara: You cannot say it is "safe" because none of these compounds have been tested for safety.

Plus, psychedelics don't really make great study aids.

Desoxy Piperadol lasts way too long and tends to make people loopy.

Of Kakti's list, I'd say MDPV is the closest to a study aid, but none of these drugs are really that suitable for that purpose.

Personally, I find any of: Methylphenidate, Bupropion, and Coca-leaf/tea to be the best study-aids. They are not very "fun" on their own yet provide for excellent focus.

she has to find the right compound for her everyone is different. i would advise
2dpmp 1- 3 mg evaporated for 8 h, 30 to 50 mg oral buphedrone (about 4 h) or ethcathinone (about 8h), i would not recommend mdpv but i have read from another person that would recommend mdpv in low doses for learning sessions of 2-3- hours

dextro amphetamine, 5 mg in the morning, 5 in the afternoon

Destruction, could you elaborate perhaps? have you tried any ampakines? if so which ones, and what benefits did you notice, did the effects, positive or negative last after you stopped taking the drug? and were there any side effects, persistent or other.

Also, what did it feel like subjectively?

Forgive me for bothering you with so many questions, but the more I know the better, as as soon as I get my glassware back available to me, I will be trying sunifiram (DM-235).

Thanks.

Analeptic such as modafinil or armodafinil perhaps? Stimulating and pretty devoid of euphoria. I find less euphoria is less distracting for study purposes than typical amps.

Seriously, try sida cordifolia. I drink it almost daily and just held a 4.0 for my fourth consecutive semester. The shit really helps...

If those listed above are the only ones available to you, 3-fmc might not be a bad idea at all.
I wrote a little post about this chem, check it out:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8465872&postcount=110

Edit: If this is a longterm thing, try also to add a lecithin supplement to your daily diet. There are tons of over the counter products. No dabbling with rc-vendors or shady prescription drug pushers necessary. A subtle effect but you can expect memory and concentration to improve after a few weeks.

Last edited:
I've had some success with Straterra (atomoxetine), and also with low dose 2C-D. Trip report for 2CD as a study aid available here.

i agree with agnetha about 3-fmc, especially about redosing. for myself 3fmc has to much mood lift for learning compared to other substances. i can not confirm that 2-cd is useful as smart drug (dose about 10 mg oral).

Thanks for the info guys. I will definitely give Sida cordifolia a look, essentially ephedrine. Caffeine in either coffee or Excedrin will also be used. Most of the other ones listed (methylphendidate, d-amphetamine, modanafil, etc) are unavailable to her, although if it comes down to it maybe she can convince her doc to write her a Rx for concentration.

I'll look into piracetam and it's analogs as I've heard great things, but there are a ton of them and I have idea idea which one would be ideal. Remember the less euphoria the better, we just need something to make all the info stick like glue. The failure rate of these exams are over 80% :(

I'll look into piracetam and it's analogs as I've heard great things, but there are a ton of them and I have idea idea which one would be ideal . . . something to make all the info stick like glue. The failure rate of these exams are over 80% :(

If she's taking the Series 6, go with Carphedon (phenylpiracetam). Series 7, crack cocaine.

If by "study" your mean "learn" (long term memory!), then drugs are no good. Plenty of sleep and as sober as possible is the answer.

On the day of the exam though, a stim like Modafinil may help, provided you are not overly nervous.

Keep those (recreational) drugs for celebrating after you've passed the exam!