• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best states to hunt for wild varieties and the seasons that harvesting is possible

MAPSwell

Greenlighter
Currently living in SLC and thinking about moving, I am curious as to which states are best to learn more and and find all types of mushroom varieties in the wild.

if anyone knows specific threads that would expedite my search...that?d be awesome.

Thank you Volsam! I’m interested in edible varieties and practice in identification in the wild.

I recommend looking at the work of Paul Stamets. World renowned on Psilocybe mushroom taxonomy. Washington seems to be the best place for mushrooms of all kinds as it is a fairly popular pass time there.

Thanks for the links Volsam. I have a few books by Paul Stamets and like Beenhead suggests it is a good reference. I live in the NE of the US. Never had the nerve to go out here. But when I live in Houston Texas Cubensis was found on cow dung pretty easily.

If I had my life to live over I would study up on mushrooms and maybe even join a group that goes out to find them. All kinds of mushrooms.