View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best solvents to wash ketamine HCl

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
So I recently acquired some k from a supposedly reputable dark net vendor and the product is absolute garbage,
Huge differences in taste between different parts of the bag some tasted like ketamine while others had that bland cold taste of MSM.

Which solvents should be best to try to purify my product?

Or could I try using a convection oven to sublimate out the MSM given its farrr lower melting point?
I've heard it works quite well with methamphetamine and ketamine has a much higher melting point than meth so it should work in theory

All advice appreciated:)

Last edited:
The sublimation seems like it should work, but otherwise just ethanol? MSM should be insoluble at RT but ket dissolves 1:14.

It wasn't MSM, it musta been MSG.
I baked it in my convection oven at 300F to no avail, so I did a simple isopropyl wash and evaped and found roughly a 10:1 buff:drug ratio.
The evaped stuff fairly potent but likely still impure.
Time to leave a scathing darknet forum review :X

Isopropyl is no good in case of MSM iirc (I closed all windows that had data on this)..

I really couldn't comment on purification by sublimation anyway.

Sorry your K is so umami..

UPDATE:

I finished my first fully wash (23g initial, 200mL iso), and got very minute crystals attached to a very sticky oily waxy substance, either I performed the wash improperly or my gear was actually more than 95% cutting agent :(

ketamine is soluble in isopropyl alcohol, but MSM also at about a gram per 100 ml.. and MSG should also be soluble to some extent.. so I don't know if you just dissolved most of it rather than washed it and hope you saved the solution... It may have been pushing the limits of solubility of the K as well though but you'd still expect a lot more K to be able to dissolve..
I guess you would get rid of some of your impurity but it's possibly not even pure now - which makes that kind of yield all the more ridiculous..

What is or isn't good for washing does not only depend on the drug but also the cut. If your cut behaves the same to say acetone as K then you achieve nothing with it. Washing is a method of separating, which is done on the basis of different properties.

I can only suppose acetone is suitable but not more.

Last edited: