Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Best research chem to replace MDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooMaximum

Greenlighter
I am considering buying some legal(ish) chemicals to replace the MDMA experience. I'm looking at some combination of MDAI, 5-APB, 5-MAPB, 4-FA, 4-FMA. These are the only relevant chemicals I am really able to purchase.

Any good combinations? Tips? Generally a rundown of the subjective effects and dosages of each of these, if you have experience with them, would be awesome!

Thanks!

none, nothing can ever replace mdma

mdei, mdai, mdmai-nada, its not even worth trying. I thought I could do it and dont even bother. Nothing I mean NOTHING can ever replace that first time and first few times. maybe a five or ten year break, just maybe, but im not so certain

aMT and 2-CB (along with its beta-ketonated analogue) are quite similar, but offer obvious other effects.

Hi there, welcome to bluelight :D You might want to have a read of this thread, it's a question that has been asked many times before. Every drug is unique in its own way, so if you go into the experience expecting an MDMA-roll, you're going to be disappointed. That doesn't mean there aren't any substances out there that can have similar effects and are very fun in their own right, just don't go looking for something that feels exactly like MDMA, there aren't any

I'm afraid this may be sliding towards 'what should I take territory' tbh.
The link BB posted has a lot of, admittedly subjective, information and would be a good read.
I suppose, given the unregulated purity of the market, there is the chance that some posters haven't used actual (reagent tested) MDMA, but a mimic RC combo. Bit of a problem occurs if that is the case, for obvious reasons. :)

Even if it may slide towards it, we went through the topic numerous times, OP please use the search button. I remeber at least 2 topics from previous months with almost the same title ;)

Before I went on BL, I had read about a possible combination that supposedly mimics mdma. So I went in here looking for info about each substance on their own, but I never got to try the whole combination since I was missing one of them.

It was something like:
80mg(?), 5-mapb
40mg(?), 4-FA
5-10mg(?), 4-HO-MiPT

I always post from my memory, so forgive me for not knowing the exact dosages. But for sure those were the substances involved and I didn't get to try it myself (could not acquire 4-FA) as I had moved on to other stuff. Be wary of the doses though, and mixing three different RCs should be taken with caution as well.

You could try that yourself, if you want. The only thing was that it seemed like speculation more than anything else, and personally 5-mapb didn't mix well with miprocin when I tried it. Maybe the 4-FA makes the difference? Idk, but just throwing it out there. It may be that nothing ever replaces the original, so keeping that in mind would be a good idea.

Mescaline

Synthetic is best but illegal and hard to get. Get some Peruvian torch cuttings (legal in UK and most places), and try and acid/base extraction. 150mg pure mescaline makes for an interesting 8hr+ experience with similar intensity and effects to mdma, although more trippy and 'intellectual'. 300mg is more of a proper trip.

for me the emotional overtones and sensory/tactile enhancement it provides are closer to mdma than Methylone or 2c-b. Unfortunately it just doesn't have as much stimulation or mood push. Other than that though it offers a more 'grown up' feeling alternative to an mdma type experience, and has the bonus of being non-toxic/non neurotransmitter releasing, and also being a natural substance traditionally used for hundreds of years and not a research chem

I don't think it'd be great for going out though, maybe with a little alcohol on a low dose. Maybe it could add the missing pieces to chems like mdai, 4-fa etc though to become as social as mdma? I have no knowledge of how safe combos are though, I remember reading you can't take speed with it, although MDMA+mescaline has good reports

Last edited:
not the same, but i find 5-MAPB to be the best replacement for me due to legal issues and easy comedown. i also prefer it in pills, as it is way more practical while outdoor..

What are you guys on about? 5-APB is almost indistinguishable from MDMA, perhaps a little less speedy but sometimes MDMA can hit you with major couch lock as well. 5-MAPB I haven't tried but as it is both chemically even closer to MDMA and a prodrug for 5-APB, I'm very surprised if people find it very different.

You probably do not want to mix 4-F(M)A with 5-(M)APB because mixing highly dopaminergic substances with MDMA is a recipe for neurotoxicity, and it is very likely that a 4-FA and 5-APB combination is no different.

4-FA is similar to methamphetamine imho. I do not find it similar to MDMA any more than meth is. Unfortunately, it also gave me nasty flashes of intense dysphoria, and gave me a miserable comedown even though I was taking small doses. Much worse than MDMA that has always given me a gentle afterglow where I miss the rush but don't feel depressed.

MDAI is reportedly quite useless. It was a chemical that looked good on paper but in reality did very little.

Having said all this, I must warn that some new data is coming out suggesting that 5-APB and the other benzofurans might be cardiotoxic because of their extreme affinity for the 5HT2b receptor, much much stronger than MDMA.

MDMA has been used reasonably safely for decades. Why take a gamble on some largely unknown chemicals just because of some government regulation? Do you really respect their opinion or their ownership of you and your body? If you want to take MDMA, just get some MDMA.

What are you guys on about? 5-APB is almost indistinguishable from MDMA, perhaps a little less speedy but sometimes MDMA can hit you with major couch lock as well. 5-MAPB I haven't tried but as it is both chemically even closer to MDMA and a prodrug for 5-APB, I'm very surprised if people find it very different.

You probably do not want to mix 4-F(M)A with 5-(M)APB because mixing highly dopaminergic substances with MDMA is a recipe for neurotoxicity, and it is very likely that a 4-FA and 5-APB combination is no different.

4-FA is similar to methamphetamine imho. I do not find it similar to MDMA any more than meth is. Unfortunately, it also gave me nasty flashes of intense dysphoria, and gave me a miserable comedown even though I was taking small doses. Much worse than MDMA that has always given me a gentle afterglow where I miss the rush but don't feel depressed.

MDAI is reportedly quite useless. It was a chemical that looked good on paper but in reality did very little.

Having said all this, I must warn that some new data is coming out suggesting that 5-APB and the other benzofurans might be cardiotoxic because of their extreme affinity for the 5HT2b receptor, much much stronger than MDMA.

MDMA has been used reasonably safely for decades. Why take a gamble on some largely unknown chemicals just because of some government regulation? Do you really respect their opinion or their ownership of you and your body? If you want to take MDMA, just get some MDMA.

I don't think anyone said 5 mapb was very different from mdma. You pretty much echoed what everyone thought of it in comparison to the original. There certainly are differences, even though they're very similar, but it only becomes easy to pinpoint after taking both extensively. I went into a lot of detail about it before, so I won't repeat myself to reduce clutter here.

I can't speak for 4F-A as I don't have any experience with it. I haven't heard about proven neurotoxicity from combining mdma + meth/amp, that is news to me. I have combined them many times in the past...ugh, but thanks for the info.

About the last paragraph, when I read that part "just because of some government regulation" it kind of irked me. I think people care because they don't want to get incarcerated or even have a record like that. Isn't that one of the main reasons why RCs exist in the first place? Well, that's one of its big draws to me. Once they become flat out illegal, it becomes much less appealing if it's a substance I have a a difficult time acquiring. But yeah, imo nothing can replace mdma, not even 5 mapb. It comes close though. About 80%, heh, whatever that means.

It's funny when it comes to 'drugs that makes you feel like on mdma' different people have different candidates.
aMT, mescaline, 5-MAPB (and other benzofurans), 2C-B or even low dose LSD said to have similar effects. I doubt actually. Even 2C-B which share similar euphoria, tactile sensitivity, some empathic qualities has nothing to do with rolling, it's still that different. No positive mood lift, no feelings of 'everything's just right', not enhancing music the way MDMA does and it's not easy to dance the way it is while rolling.
Anyway, I hope the day comes when a new RC emerges that'll do the same or better than MDMA.
There's DMT which can take you to another fucking dimension or further, so I don't think it's too much to ask :p

But that day has already come. 5-MAPB and 6-MAPB are chemically exactly the same as MDMA except that a single oxygen atom has been swapped for a carbon. 5/6-AP(D)B are similarly extremely close to the MDMA modecule. You can't really compare those other drugs to the benzofurans.

There are quite a few people who view 6-APB or a 5/6-APB combo as being better than MDMA; it is reportedly longer lasting, has a slightly more pronounced trippy edge to it, and produces less of a comedown. I'm not saying this is necessarily true, but obviously 5/6-APB have close enough effects to MDMA that it is a matter of personal taste which one is better, rather than "having some resemblance" like 2C-B.

4-FA is similar to methamphetamine imho. I do not find it similar to MDMA any more than meth is. Unfortunately, it also gave me nasty flashes of intense dysphoria, and gave me a miserable comedown even though I was taking small doses. Much worse than MDMA that has always given me a gentle afterglow where I miss the rush but don't feel depressed..

I get the opposite here... MDMA feels far more rushy and comes and goes in waves. 4-FA comes up and stays there in a stable kind of way. It's less euphoric, speedy and empathic than MDMA, but still a nice substance in its own right. MDMA always leaves me feeling depressed for up to a week after use, whereas 4-FA only did this when I used it multiple days in a row...

I vote methylone (aka bk-MDMA), but it?s not available anymore in most places.

2nd I?d vote 4-methylethcathinone; that too is not around anymore.

I couldn?t really speculate on anything around now, except 6-apb & 5-apdb are good shit, if it?s legal in your state.

I prefer 6apb to MDMA due to the duration and added psychedelic effects for a night out at a show or something.

If I were to do it at home alone or with a friend I might opt for MDMA instead since it's not as intense or heavy mentally

can 6-apb & 5-apdb be mailed to a person in the united states from a vender, if that state has no legislation concerning those chems? Actually my real question concerns the receiving of BK-EBDP from a vender to a residence in Virginia.

^Sorry but we can't help you with skirting legal grey areas. This thread is old, and I'm closing it. For some reason threads like this seem to be a like a honing beacon to vendor questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.