Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best Portrayal of Drugs in Movies

I CONSTANTLY fantasize about robbing pharmacies.

I used to know some guys who did that regularly. This was in the days before CCTV and sophisticated alarms. They were a bunch of northern soul boys after the speed and barbs, but all I was interested in at that point was weed and shrooms. Wish I'd have been a bit older, I could have got all sorts of shit...

I used to know some guys who did that regularly. This was in the days before CCTV and sophisticated alarms. They were a bunch of northern soul boys after the speed and barbs, but all I was interested in at that point was weed and shrooms. Wish I'd have been a bit older, I could have got all sorts of shit...

Yeah I definitely would have done it back in those days if I'd lived then and you had a good chance of getting away with it.

Spun
The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

Trainspotting and its not even close.
No good heroin movies exist. Unless you count Inherent Vice but it's less about drug use and more about WHODUNIT

Spun
The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

No good heroin movies exist. Unless you count Inherent Vice but it's less about drug use and more about WHODUNIT

Requiem for a Dream is an amazing movie about (mostly) heroin. I much prefer the mothers' storyline, but an incredible movie.

20 minutes can be an eternity to my sick brain man it takes a lot to captivate my attention 🤪

A Scanner Darkly feels eerily close to the reality of a group of friends who have been heavily abusing some kind of powerful dissociative.

Spun is good, I like Trainspotting. Wilfred is a good stoner show.

The scene in The Perks of Being a Wallflower where the main character Charlie takes acid is the most accurate portrayal of an acid trip I’ve seen on film. Plus the way they Segway into the scene from him putting a piece of communion bread on his tongue to him at a party putting a blotter on his tongue... so perfect.

I gotta disagree CH. Trainspotting is a fantastic film about heroin. They get it mostly right throughout.

Requiem is ok but the 3rd act is way too after school special

There is a movie from 1991 called "Rush" with Greg Allman and Jennifer Jason Leigh. I don't remember exactly how the drug culture was portrayed since I am an old man and my brain can't be bothered anymore with trivial things like accuracy or truth, but one scene stands out in my mind.

A couple undercover cops go to a big time Heron dealer and he makes them shoot up before they can leave with a fat sack of junk. Of course one of the cops had never even tried heroin before, but she had to sit there and receive a shot prepared for someone with tolerance.

It struck a cord with me, having sat on the other side of that table in the past.

There is a movie from 1991 called "Rush" with Greg Allman and Jennifer Jason Leigh. I don't remember exactly how the drug culture was portrayed since I am an old man and my brain can't be bothered anymore with trivial things like accuracy or truth, but one scene stands out in my mind.

A couple undercover cops go to a big time Heron dealer and he makes them shoot up before they can leave with a fat sack of junk. Of course one of the cops had never even tried heroin before, but she had to sit there and receive a shot prepared for someone with tolerance.

It struck a cord with me, having sat on the other side of that table in the past.

I listed rush in the post above yours it's a really good movie n I feel like no one has ever seen it glad to know I'm not the only one who's seen it

Could probably get pharma grade diamorphine back then too!

Requiem always comes to mind but I don’t think it’s a great film. Good work mentioning The Basketball Diaries — proof that DiCaprio existed before Titanic (and can act)!

But thank you for including Leaving Las Vegas. As an alcoholic first and foremost I loved this film.

I thought Broad City did a decent job with some of their portrayals even though it’s a TV show. Their mushrooms visuals were pretty spot on at times, subtle at times where once when I was actually tripping I couldn’t tell if it was the show or me. Also when they take the bad molly, spend the entire roll outside the show talking shit then crash hard at the end cuz they got it off some dude on Craigslist.

-GC

^ yeah I enjoyed "Spun" too

I love how all of the characters in that movie kind of relied and depended upon the one guy (the main character) with a running automobile lol...that's very true to life...and just the general grime and weird antics that comes with tweakerdom. The film captured it pretty well I thought, these people trying to fill all these additional hours of wakefulness as life became ever more bizarre and pointless