European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Best place to be homeless UK

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
So this week I might have to leave abruptly with very little money. I am on methadone and have a benzo habit.

I can get a few days worth of methadone that I could stretch to lasting a week if necessary and a week's worth of benzos say.

I've a few mates that might throw a few quid into my bank here and there but I'll largely be doing it on my own making money as I go.
Will apply for methadone clinic when I land. Needs to be UK as passport is out of date.
Can sleep on street or hopefully in shelters. I know it'll be rough but I've been homeless before.

I was thinking London/Luton. Southern cities probably easier.
Can I get some of you guys input on this matter please!?

Thanks

Think it's nationwide, but no second nights out got me and few people I've told about it that were homeless and you can get off the streets straight away if that's any help to you. You just have to tell them where your sleeping outside and they'll come to you at your spot and sort if for you.

Edit - just thought this was a good few years back, so not sure if it still exactly same.

No second nights out? Sounds great. I did look into some shelters and methadone clinics in and around Luton I know there is help available especially in the cold weather.

i know homelessness isn't something to aspire to but I'd like to think one way or another I wouldn't be homeless or broke for long.

is it not the case that shelters won't take you if you don't have a local connection?

i haven't been homeless but like most (ex) junkies i've used with a lot of homeless people. i was down in norwich and the shelters refused to take people on from london and birmingham on the basis that they should go back there. i'm usually not inclined to believe homeless addicts but i heard the same story independently multiple times. so, be careful before you waste precious money travelling.

i really hope you are able to sort out your situation and don't end up on the streets.

you could contact shelter now and find out what your options are ahead of time. don't wait until it happens.

Luton is awash with heroin, not a great place to open up a methadone clinic as the dealers will be waiting for you outside.

edit:you don't want to come clean so go Luton

So this week I might have to leave abruptly with very little money. I am on methadone and have a benzo habit.

I can get a few days worth of methadone that I could stretch to lasting a week if necessary and a week's worth of benzos say.

I've a few mates that might throw a few quid into my bank here and there but I'll largely be doing it on my own making money as I go.
Will apply for methadone clinic when I land. Needs to be UK as passport is out of date.
Can sleep on street or hopefully in shelters. I know it'll be rough but I've been homeless before.

Thanks
You in Europe mate?

Yes I'm in Europe. Ireland to be precise. My passport is out of date hence my reasoning not to try go somewhere warmer.

I do understand the local connection it's the same here. I have a feeling that not being from any locality in the country might help get a place in a shelter. I don't really care. I'd rather be homeless and free than sheltered, fed and chained.
It's mainly the fear of benzo withdrawal that I'm running from. Yes I'm afraid of confinement, and yes I'm afraid of violence and violent people but I am tough enough to manage that it's the thought of going through benzo withdrawal while being locked up that really frightens me.
I can always throw in the towel and get myself into prison, and at least I'd know that I tried it the other way.
Being locked up in a cell thinking about the alternative it's not that easy to get out of prison once youre in there!

Tough is all well and good until it's a freezing night with nowhere to sleep. Get it renewed and fly to Sweden with some hash and benzos in your luggage and on your person & they will lock you up cheerfully for 10 months with 4 star comfort by comparison. Probably be sorted upon release

^ I really think Loginnotsecures offer is your best option. Not only do you get paid but you're not homeless during the coldest month.

Luton is awash with heroin, not a great place to open up a methadone clinic as the dealers will be waiting for you outside.
Can confirm.
I went to rehab in Luton in 2016 and dealers would wait outside our houses and try to get newbies to relapse.
I've also never been randomly offered so many drugs walking through the center. Coke, crack, smack, methadone, boxes of valium, weed, mdma/ecstasy pills, acid...no fucking ketamine though. I asked quite a few if they could get me k and most of then hadnt even heard of it!
We went out looking to score a few times and easily picked up weed in a park, pulled over a car with loud music and got 3 bags of coke, and wandered into an estate with high rise flats and got crack and smack within minutes.
It's a fucking shit hole. Also English people are truly a minority there.

Probably a good place to be homeless if you want to carry on using though tbf. You may also get stabbed in your sleep for your shoes. 👍

Can confirm.
I went to rehab in Luton in 2016 and dealers would wait outside our houses and try to get newbies to relapse.
I've also never been randomly offered so many drugs walking through the center. Coke, crack, smack, methadone, boxes of valium, weed, mdma/ecstasy pills, acid...no fucking ketamine though. I asked quite a few if they could get me k and most of then hadnt even heard of it!
We went out looking to score a few times and easily picked up weed in a park, pulled over a car with loud music and got 3 bags of coke, and wandered into an estate with high rise flats and got crack and smack within minutes.
It's a fucking shit hole. Also English people are truly a minority there.

Probably a good place to be homeless if you want to carry on using though tbf. You may also get stabbed in your sleep for your shoes. 👍
At a guess, the estate with high rise flats was Marsh Farm?

They've apparently started regenerating it.

They had to quel the '95 riots there by holding a big fuck off rave. Everybody of their nut so would stop attacking the police with petrol bombs lol.

it was the rave organisers Exodus Collective who brought the riots to an end by staging an impromptu party out of town which drew 2,000 young people from the area and calmed them down.The riots also resulted in a policeman being stabbed, all of the estate's public buildings being vandalised or set alight, cars were stolen and then set alight by joyriders as young as 12
Exodus

Last edited:
LNS offer sounds fantastic. Really appreciated of the fact that somebody here would offer help to somebody that they have not met. LNS I have sent you a PM. I have stocked up on medication for prison I do not quite have the train and ferry fare for Wednesday. However if I get an adjournment I would still be seeking a fresh start and could afford to get the ferry next week. My solicitor f***** me over I was not meant to go to trial for another 2 months she brought it forward without asking me hence the reason I am in such a predicament and so unprepared.

I hope I do get the adjournment that I will seek in order to get a new solicitor I really could use a fresh start regardless of the outcome here. Obviously I would like the case to be thrown out it is a family matter I can only assume my father hopes he is doing the right thing by getting me locked up he has a particular police officer in his here and he is not quite in his right mind he suffers from several mental afflictions however I cannot assume or do not want to believe that he wants to see me in prison.

Thanks

Sign on the dole and you're guaranteed to be able to access housing in Birmingham, other UK cities send their homeless here because there's an oversupply of old Victorian terraces being turned into exempt accommodation.

Probably won't be much fun though:

BBC News - Supported housing system 'a living nightmare'

At a guess, the estate with high rise flats was Marsh Farm?
Can't remember tbh, wiki pic doesn't look familiar but it was a very blurry time of my life plus we only went there once for 5 mins, it easily could have been, i was more focused on keeping an eye on the groups of sketchy looking peeps eyeing us up than the surrounding buildings lol, only 2 of us went there, had a very unfriendly vibe, i thought we were going to get jumped for sure.
The guy who took us to score of course only did it so he could get a pipe himself, but i thought he was going to pull a knife or something, i saw his face drop when my mate got his wallet out with only a single £20 note in 😂

Sign on the dole
Do you have to have an address to do that? Or can you use a local open door centers or somethings address, i know a friend of mine was using it as 'care of' address to get his mail sent to when he was homeless.

Do you have to have an address to do that? Or can you use a local open door centers or somethings address, i know a friend of mine was using it as 'care of' address to get his mail sent to when he was homeless.
A friend of mine has used the “care of” address of the very same job centre he signs on at. He’s been homeless most of his adult life.