Best "Opiate" Songs

I really like Portishead, Lamb, Massive Attack, Tricky, Aphex Twin's Ambient Works, Air, Faithless, etc whilst on the nod :)

heeeheeeheee..i used to think snorting vicodin and passing a blunt was fun..when i was like 18 and listening to this..
BLUUE FLOWWERRRSSS-it remindes me of when snorting one vicodin and smoking pot was like "serious biddness" -cant hate on dr. O/kool keith still love the dude

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9VYzNUXGDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another just came to mind, not about opiates but very nice to nod off to. Lovely coffin by Lonesome Wyatt and the holy spooks. great band in general..

big moe - city of syrup
big moe - codeine fiend
big moe - purple stuff
big moe - barre baby
big moe - sippin codeine
lil wayne - i feel like dying
lil wyte - oxy cotton
paul wall - sittin sideways

stranglers golden brown no? always makes me think hmmmm heroin sounds nice lol. then i snap back to reality hehe

Anything Alice in Chains. Anything Mad Season.

Specific songs:
"Crack Hitler" Faith No More
"I Got You" Stone Temple Pilots
"Opiate" Tool
"Pool Shark" Sublime
"Hurt" Nine Inch Nails
"Medicine Man" Pantera
"Heart Shaped Box" Nirvana
"Dancing Days" Led Zeppelin
"Wind Below" Rage Against the Machine

The Pixies-wave of mutilation
The pixies-where is my mind
Nirvana-dumb
Nirvana-all apologies
The velvet underground-heroin
Lou reed-heavenly arms
Ray Charles-lets go get stoned
Sid Vicious- my way
Marcys playground-opium
The violent femmes-kiss off
The violent femmes-good feeling
The libertines-what katie did
The libertines-horrowshow
Pete Doherty-sheepskin tearaway
Sugar man-sixto rodriguez(used in the movie Candy)
Theirs so many more I cant think of but here are a few that I like to listen to while on the nod

Last edited:
Soundgarden "Burden In My Hand"

Hey All!

I love this song and it's obvious that it's about shooting dope. I've listened carefully and this is my take on Cornell's lyrics...

"Follow me into the desert..." - I believe he's talking about the part of your forearm/under elbow region where hair doesn't usually grow...

"Down below the truth is lying beneath the river bed" - I believe this "riverbed" is the vein...

"Now quench yourself and drink the water that flows below her head" or is it "from over head"? - I believe he's saying shoot the dope...

"Ohhhhhhhhh Noooooo..." That's the nodding phase...

"I shot my love today..." OBVIOUS

"Kill your health and kill yourself and kill everything you love" - It seems whenever a grunge rocker is singing about "killing" it's usually about using heroin...

"If you live you will fall to pieces and suffer with my ghost" - Obviously, shooting heroin makes everything fall to pieces and suffering ensues and he's saying he's already way too far gone..

One thing may be you folks can help me with is the part when he says....
"The moon is glued to a picture of heaven where all the little pigs have..." Does he say "Have god" or "Have gone" and what the hell is he talking about here?!?!

Anyways, I love Soundgarden, love AIC, love The Pixies, etc. Hopefully someone can help me understand that one quote. Thanks!!!!!!!

-YourLiegeLordC