• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

best oil to use when making pot brownies?

Vegetable Oil is ideal IMO. I never found butter to be as good as using oil. I have made many batches of brownies and many people have told me mine are the best they have ever tried. You cannot taste the weed at all if you do it right.

The recipe is extremely simple. Heat the oil on low heat and mix in the weed. Allow it to simmer slowly. You will see many small bubbles coming to the surface. I have found 25-30min of this to be extremely effective in extracting the goodies although longer couldn't hurt. Just cook the weed in the oil until it is mostly brown with a hint of green left in it. You don't want it to burn or else you will lose some of the THC. You can smell it if it is burning. It will turn a dark brown color if you heat it too much and will stink terribly. Take it off the stove immediately if you do.

After that all you need to do is strain it and allow it to cool. Then just follow the directions on the back of the brownie mix, supplementing with the same amount of your canna-oil.

Use whatever oil you would for regular brownies. A mix of almond and hazelnut I think would be yummy.

Oils are used ideally for their taste, smoking point comes into play when 'cooking' with oil. (Which those temps generally needn't be reached in any of these processes)
I think it would be safe to say, use whatever oil you prefer the taste of. The THC is going to get into whatever fat you use. The water method is excellent, slow cookers work really well for that process...We like making 'butter', then it's available to use in whatever we want to cook/bake with, and it's nice to just spread on toast (or whatever you spread your butter on.)
The box usually just says "vegetable oil" if your using a mix...I generally cook/bake from 'scratch'. But being neither a scientist, chemist, baker, or anything other than a general consumer of pot in any form...Butter is best for me.
most everyone likes to argue/discuss these matters in an authoritative manner...I'm an authority on nothing-never claimed to be-nor would I ever want to be...cause everyone needs to challenge authority. That;s not the kind of 'challenge' i prefer. So it's simply my opinion , I noticed though, my post count keeps changing...I'd like it to stay where it is right now

obvious answer would be the oil with the highest fat content would work best. which i think is canola oil?

All comestible oils have ~100 percent fat content. Butter does not.

Frankly, I would just go for that which has the the best compromise of taste and health qualities for the particular recipe.

Do we have any reason to believe that saturation would matter? How about cis vs. trans configuration?

Maybe (this is utter speculation), we should go for oils that are liquid at lower temperatures, as they will likely have lower viscosity at any given temperature, and thus dissolve more cannabinoids. This would suggest either canola or soy (vegetable) oil.

ebola

Question:
if you made bud oil like you make bud butter, with the water and the boiling and solidification, could you make a super clean tasting thc canola oil?

My idea is to prepare the weed just do as i would budder, use oil and water. After i strain freeze the mixture so the oil is solid for easy separation from the water...

i dunno i just was thinking about this and wondering if it would be effective, especially if using some vaped bud....
any thoughts are appreciated

Canola oil doesn't solidify at sufficiently high enough temperatures for you to separate it from water buy cooling your amalgam in the 'fridge. If you freeze the mixture, the water too will be solid (clearly), unless you catch it at the right moment, which would be tricky.

ebola

I've been making bomb brownies for years and have found, that without a doubt, coconut oil and clarified butter (Ghee) are the best.

I've used peanut oil and regular butter in the past with decent effects, but really, ghee and extra virgin organic coconut oil blow everything else out of the water. You get a significant increase in effects in relation to the amount of weed you use.