• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Best of USA

California for sure!

SoCal has Los Angeles (huge, tons of parties and places to go), beaches of course ... San Diego is an awesome place too. Weather is always perfect in SoCal. Mexico is an hour away from SD if you want to drink 'legally' or check out another country on your visit, although if you just want to drink, you should be able to do so at any college.

CA is a pretty liberal state, with cool people. Many of the schools have awesome towns surrounding them, i.e San Fransisco, Berkely, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, etc ... much open-mindedness, etc.

If you're a guy, CA also has the most beautiful girls in the nation, methinks :)

of course, you all might think I'm biased, since i'm from CA .. but I've been elsewhere, and still think its the best; most people I know from elsewhere often seem to agree also.

wow animal_cookie that sounds EXACTLY like my situation. Except i have only about 4000 people going to my school so thiers more job opertunities to be had.

You basically pointed out all the negatives of it and i agree completetly. The rent for shit housing that would be the same for an apartment in any city. And all the crap that goes along with a lot of drunk coked up people in hordes.

But its interesting to note that it creates a "think tank" if you will, where your in this surreal atmosphere with the real world seemingly light years away. It allows you and your fellow students the freedom to come up with some very insightful idea's and conclusions about the world that would be impossible if you were forced to work in the "real world" all day long. Granted some are going to be idealistic and just plain crazy...

but some can be crazy enough to impact the world in a very important way.

basically what i'm saying is... I can't wait to get back to college :)

Drug laws are the same pretty much everywhere if your not holding ounces of weed or 100 pills.

Texas has no real winter and is not as "redneck" as most of the central states.. The cost of living is also one of the lowest, go to New York and see how much a six pack cost you.

hit up Austin.. You will have a much better time there then most other places..

1) huge music scene
2) huge drug scene
3) near San Antonio, lots to do
4) hit up Mexico for a week or so.. get prescribed drugs that are beyond illegal in the US.
5) Texas has a amazingly high ratio of hot girls to looser guys.

Reason 5.. very important..

psilocybe said:
basically what i'm saying is... I can't wait to get back to college :)

see, i have the oppisite problem... i want to graduate and get back to the real world :)

MIAMI.

all types of music scenes [electronic -club space, club level, opium, etc etc-. hardcore, metal, hiphop...]

don't really get fucked with by the police too often about drugs, we sit on our front porch and walk around smokin, drive around smokin, cops pulled us over and the worst that's happened is we've had our shit taken away.

and some of the best drugs you'll find.

you guys do know that many people in the college towns don't have people paying for their stuff, don't have tons of free time, and it's not a vacation?

when i left undergrad, and *only* had to work (as opposed to working f/t and school) it was like a vacation! the fact i got paid for time off was awesome

you could find the best of both worlds with a college town that also has a lot of professional and post-college young adults in it :)

california - hands down

bay area would be your best bet, because there is more in the way of public transport (i'm guessing you won't have a car). but really anywhere would be good, just make some friends and you'll be chill for rides.

Again: MIAMI especially for fake plastic types :)
Good beans and awesome coke
Winter music conference....Ultra annually

The New Shaman said:
Drug laws are the same pretty much everywhere if your not holding ounces of weed or 100 pills.

Texas has no real winter and is not as "redneck" as most of the central states.. The cost of living is also one of the lowest, go to New York and see how much a six pack cost you.

hit up Austin.. You will have a much better time there then most other places..

1) huge music scene
2) huge drug scene
3) near San Antonio, lots to do
4) hit up Mexico for a week or so.. get prescribed drugs that are beyond illegal in the US.
5) Texas has a amazingly high ratio of hot girls to looser guys.

Reason 5.. very important..

!!! YES!!! Come to texas. You get the quaint bit if you want to go out in the country, but we have i think 4 of the nation's top 10 cities in terms of size, so there's plenty to do. Dallas and Houston have good nightlife and clubs if that's what you're after. Austin has a nice hippy/jamband scene and whatnot, and San Antonio has more hispanic influence. Texas is fucking fun and diverse, and the weather's wondeful haha.

Those of you who suggested Texas or Miami are crackheads, man those places suck!

I would suggest LA, San fransisco (or the bay area), or portland. Those are the best places in the US if you ask me. NYC and chicago would be on the list if it weren't for the fact that they are cold as shit. Avoid the south at ALL COSTS!!!

Last edited:
Acidfiend said:
Those of you who suggested Texas or Miami are crackheads, man those places suck!

Yea? Where is the Superbowl being held at? In Texas.. because it rocks..

1) Vermont (Burlington, St. J)
2) Illinois (Chicago) [Northside]
3) Colorado, (Crested Butte)
4) New York (NYC) [Greenich Village, SOHO, NOHO]
5) California (Santa Barbara)

These are my recommendations, I have lived in all these cities/towns and can highly recommend them all. Scenery is great, people are 'down-to-earth' (With the exception of Santa Barbra:\ ), quality and availability of drugs are exceptionally high, and nightlife is high on the charts also.

edit*

In all of the above cities/towns there are more than one college to choose from.

First off-
Texas rocks. Anyone who says it doesn't sucks ass.
If you DO decide on Texas, chose Austin. Austin has a wonderful night life. And The New Shaman is correct, it's about an hour north of San Antonio on I-35. San Antonio is the most beautiful city on earth, and there is SO much to do there
1) The Alamo
2) The Riverwalk
3) The Tower Of Americas
4) Hmm.... Mexican food!!!

Houston Sucks ass. It's too freakin humid there and the air stinks of chemicals (Anyone know highway 288 that connects Houston - Pasadena - Deer Park - La Porte?)

Los Angeles is cool, but if you are going to school in Southern California, pick Orange County (just south of LA)

Disneyland is loads of fun on acid (but Space Mountain is closed til 2005) and the chronic is great!